Ezequiel Lavezzi

Forzacitizens said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I have never seen him play. There are people saying he is shit and people saying he is quality. I know it is all about opinions but bizarre that there are such contrasting opinions. What's the truth?

in my opinion, he's ok,

he's helped napoli finish third in serie a, champions league etc
You sound vaguely underwhelmed tbh.

MAJOR UPDATE: Manchester City are in advanced talks for him but to all Man City fans,HE IS NOT A GOALSCORER. He scored 6 goals whilst Cavani scored 26. HE IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR TEVEZ BUT WILL ONLY SERVE AS A COMPLIMENT FOR Dzeko.

BlueSniffer said:
According to Wiki, he's scored 29 goals in 126 apps for Napoli.

Looks good on youtube though ;-)

And Sanchez has 21 in 110 games for Udinese. I would imagine that he is a possible alternative to Sanchez and not a direct replacement for Tevez.

Giggs has never been a prolific wide man, and he is the best player to have ever played in the last 20 years, apparently. So what's the problem with Lavezzi? I'm reserving judgement until I've actually seen him play, not after reading the stat sheets.

Lancet Fluke said:
I have never seen him play. There are people saying he is shit and people saying he is quality. I know it is all about opinions but bizarre that there are such contrasting opinions. What's the truth?
Let me explain. Most who think his shit are doing a combination of 3 things
1) They saw him play against Bolivia (and probably saw him shank a shot at goal) So that is their image of him.
2) They googled his stats and saw he scored less than Nolan last season, and thought: for a striker that is not too good.
3) His emergence as a prospects coincides with the "Tevez is leaving fiasco" which means most 'think' he is the supposed replacement for Tevez (we really don't know if the Tevez scenario prompted this or not) and even if he were, the intentions may be to change the focus of how we play, as opposed to trying to replace Tevez directly. SO either way, I doubt anyone (certainly not someone as intelligent as Mancini) thinks this guy would replicate Tevez. So folks who think that is the thinking, view this as gash.

Personally, I think he is better than very good. Lets put it this way, City's 2 best offensive players last year were Tevez and Silva, Napoli's were Cavani and Lavezzi. Thus we are looking at the vest or 2nd best player on the 3rd best team in a slightly less competitive league. Nasri anyone?

As for style: He is very skillful, probably a better dribbler than anyone we presently have, and definitely faster than anyone we presently have. He is Tevez strong on the ball too. And favors whipping in crosses (sometimes dumbly in my opinion). But wait! Call me crazy but these are the qualities cried for here on a daily basis. I think most of the fans on bluemoon will love him.

On a personal note, which I know is irrelevant he is not the kind of player I personally favor (and no, this is not one of my smooth undetectable fawnings for Pastore :P) I just like team oriented players and was hoping we would be leaning towards such players.

Alas a Lavezzi buy would be more of that individual brilliance type :( But as to whether he is a good player, there is no question whatsoever. He is certainly a 20 million player. Frankly I think his buyout clause is low. Most players have buyout clauses that is double or tripple their actual value. His is 27 million, and he is definitely worth more than half of that. He is certainly not on the level of Jones, Young, or Henderson (who arguably are truly worth between 12 and 15 million).

Let me jus conclude this with a whisper... Get Pastore

He looks like a backup plan incase we didn't get Sanchez to me.

1. (replacement for Given if he leaves)
2. Clichy
3. Savic

4. Nasri
5. Lavezzi
6. (replacement for Tevez)

Is this what Mancini is after?

or is it a case of Nasri or Lavezzi?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.