Ezequiel Lavezzi

Great player, I think everybodys judgement is being clouded by the fact that he doesn't score so many goals but he is an amazing wide player in the same bracket as Pedro of Barcelona. Would help our team immensely.

BlueJill said:
Young said:
If Mancini rates him, he should have some standard to his play. But his goal ratio meant that hes not a prolific striker, we need a prolific striker to replace Tevez.

I like Lavezzi but not exactly the right player we need now.

Disagree. We have two prolific goal scorers in Dzeko and Mario. Tevez is prolific in part because he is greedy. Get him out of here and lets spread the goals around. We will have a much better team as a result and have more success overall.

I have worries regarding both Dzeko and Balotelli on the scoring front.
Mario could be one of the best players in the world with the right attitude and guidance and Mancini is the person to get the best out of him. Everytime he gets the ball you are off your seat wondering what he's going to do.My biggest worry is injuries with him he's a big lump and with h is body still growing and developing.He got injured after scoring in the Europa game last season and that really slowed him down and i am just wondering could he be the type of player like Steven Gerrard who when was younger had a lot of injuries due to his body developing

Edin Dzeko scored shed loads of goals in Germany and has found his first few months in the premier league very hard but in the last few games we did see him do lots better and finally got to grips with the style of play in the premier league.
Has got a great 1st touch for a big man and is very skillful too but i can see him struggling against the quicker defender's in the prem. And looks better when he has a playmate upfront. Which was a rare sight last year at Eastlands,if we can get the balls to him where it will benefit his type of play then he will score goals but i can see Mancini using him to hold up the ball and knocking balls down for supporting players

I maybe wrong and i hope both players prove my doubts unfounded.As these are the names on my City shirts

Dax777 said:
citygal1 said:
Wasnt there a similar thread on tevez before he signed?

I trust Mancinis judgement, if we buy him then he must be good enough.
I take it the 2 statements are not related, right?

I know your probs trying to be smart here but if im taking it literally then no which is why there was a paragraph space.

before tevez joined we had a whole thread going on about how he was useless and how he wasnt a goal scorer blah blah blah few people had egg on their faces when that one came back to haunt them!

And i do trust mancini to find us the best players to fit into his system and his plan, of course i do , over anyone on here thats for sure.

Any more problems gimme a shout :O)

MERCATO CITY E NAPOLI LAVEZZI / NAPOLI - Ezequiel Lavezzi è sempre corteggiato dal City. Il trequartista argentino del Napoli, sottolinea la 'rosea', potrebbe infatti essere venduto davanti un'offerta importante che fa traballare le certezze di De Laurentiis, intenzionato a cedere il suo giocatore solo per 20 milioni di euro.

MARKET CITY AND NAPLES LAVEZZI / NAPLES - Ezequiel Lavezzi always is courted from the City.  The Argentinian trequartista of the Naples, underlines it 'rosy', in fact could be sold in front an important offer that does to waver the certainties of De Laurentiis, intentioned to yield its gambler alone for 20 million euro.  

Dax777 said:
BlueJill said:
ElanJo said:
He looks like a backup plan incase we didn't get Sanchez to me.

or is it a case of Nasri or Lavezzi?

This is my question to. Looks like he and Nasri would play in the same spot (out right in a 4-2-3-1). I assume (or hope we are looking at two players to play in the 3 spots behind the lone striker). Someone who knows a lot more about these players correct me if I wrong but one of Nasri/Lavezzi AND say Mata would be the way to go right?
Or just Nasri and Lavezzi, if both works. As Nasri can play in the middle. Actually so can Lavezzi.

Dax,

I have always had it in my head that Nasri is not nearly as effective in the middle as he is out wide. Am I wrong? I would hate to buy two players whose best positions are out right and make one of them play in the middle when a Mata who seems equally good on the left and middle is sitting out there for the taking. Especially now that Pool seems to be chasing Downing giving us a straight shot at Mata.

Would you agree that Mata - Silva - Lavezzi sitting behind a lone striker is the better move than getting both Nasri and Lavezzi?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.