Ezequiel Lavezzi

citygal1 said:
Dax777 said:
citygal1 said:
Wasnt there a similar thread on tevez before he signed?

I trust Mancinis judgement, if we buy him then he must be good enough.
I take it the 2 statements are not related, right?

I know your probs trying to be smart here but if im taking it literally then no which is why there was a paragraph space.

before tevez joined we had a whole thread going on about how he was useless and how he wasnt a goal scorer blah blah blah few people had egg on their faces when that one came back to haunt them!

And i do trust mancini to find us the best players to fit into his system and his plan, of course i do , over anyone on here thats for sure.

Any more problems gimme a shout :O)
Ah! I see. So they are not related then? :P

BlueJill said:
Dax777 said:
BlueJill said:
This is my question to. Looks like he and Nasri would play in the same spot (out right in a 4-2-3-1). I assume (or hope we are looking at two players to play in the 3 spots behind the lone striker). Someone who knows a lot more about these players correct me if I wrong but one of Nasri/Lavezzi AND say Mata would be the way to go right?
Or just Nasri and Lavezzi, if both works. As Nasri can play in the middle. Actually so can Lavezzi.

Dax,

I have always had it in my head that Nasri is not nearly as effective in the middle as he is out wide. Am I wrong? I would hate to buy two players whose best positions are out right and make one of them play in the middle when a Mata who seems equally good on the left and middle is sitting out there for the taking. Especially now that Pool seems to be chasing Downing giving us a straight shot at Mata.

Would you agree that Mata - Silva - Lavezzi sitting behind a lone striker is the better move than getting both Nasri and Lavezzi?
BlueJill,

Even Mata (who I personally prefer to either of the other 2) is also a wide player who sometimes plays behind the Striker or as the Striker.

Nasri in the few games I saw last season when Fab was out, played very well in the middle. All 3 players are good and have slightly differing strengths. Mata has the best vision, and is prolly the best passer/mover off the ball. Nasri might be smoothest and the safest bet. Lavezzi the fastest and most gritty. They all just bring unique qualities that are adaptable both outside and inside.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:57 pm --<br /><br />
mancityscot said:
Lavezzi and Nasri to conclude our deals for the summer
Quite possible.

Dax777 said:
BlueJill,

Even Mata (who I personally prefer to either of the other 2) is also a wide player who sometimes plays behind the Striker or as the Striker.

Nasri in the few games I saw last season when Fab was out, played very well in the middle. All 3 players are good and have slightly differing strengths. Mata has the best vision, and is prolly the best passer/mover off the ball. Nasri might be smoothest and the safest bet. Lavezzi the fastest and most gritty. They all just bring unique qualities that are adaptable both outside and inside.

Thanks Dax. It just seems that if I am reading things right Nasri and Lavezzi are comfortable right and center and Mata is comfortable left and center. Seems like a more balanced purchase to get Mata and one of the other two if we are going to buy two. Sounds like you would probably agree with that, no?

Remember seeing this guy against Liverpool. I thought he was a quality player back then, very skillful, almost tevez like in style but obv not quite that standard, but I think he'd be a brilliant capture.

didn't mancini say he wants 5 players in. nasri and lavezzi would bring it to 4 and thats before tevez leaving !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.