Ezequiel Lavezzi

BlueCityfan said:
Agent Jose Alberti is convinced Manchester City want to sign Napoli star Ezequiel Lavezzi.

City boss Roberto Mancini has confirmed his interest in Lavezzi this summer.

And Alberti declared: "I know for a fact that Manchester City is interested in Lavezzi, there is only a problem inherent to the getout clause because City will only spend 25 million quid to get him.

"I think El Pocho will leave Naples by the end of the month and it will be for Manchester.

"In about ten days, we should know everything."

His agent is convinced Mancini is interested and believes he will become a City player this summer.

It's weird...because some City scout is quoted somewhere confirming interest in De Rossi aswell. While ruling out a sale of Zabaleta aswell.

So if this would be true..Citys remaining shopping list would be:

Aguero, Nasri, Lavezzi. De Rossi. Lol. :D

Jose Alberti said ''quid'' ?

southern muppet said:
BlueCityfan said:
Agent Jose Alberti is convinced Manchester City want to sign Napoli star Ezequiel Lavezzi.

And Alberti declared: "I know for a fact that Manchester City is interested in Lavezzi, there is only a problem inherent to the getout clause because City will only spend 25 million quid to get him.

"I think El Pocho will leave Naples by the end of the month and it will be for Manchester.

His agent is convinced Mancini is interested and believes he will become a City player this summer.

It's weird...because some City scout is quoted somewhere confirming interest in De Rossi aswell. While ruling out a sale of Zabaleta aswell.

I know, makes the report seem like utter bullshit. If he'd said Spondoolicks then I might have believed it.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
southern muppet said:
BlueCityfan said:

I know, makes the report seem like utter bullshit. If he'd said Spondoolicks then I might have believed it.

We shouldn't put any money in the pocket of that bloody Go Compare man even if it means getting a player as quality as Lavezzi

southern muppet said:
BlueCityfan said:

Haha I thought that.

I'm not trying to be negative but would we be after Lavezzi and De Rossi if we didnt have an Italian manager and Italian coaches? The Italian league is hardly setting the highest standards at present. Generally it is played at a much slower pace.
From what Mancio has said, De Rossi could be a troublemaker apparently he is "living with a criminal and has been denied access to his children." Lavezzi flopped big style at the Copa America and his goal record is poor.
I am not saying we should rule out any players from Italy but we must be 100% sure of their quality.
I agree Aguero seems world class, its exciting he looks on his way.
Sneijder is world class and what about Mata? we dont seem interested, (and maybe even Lukaku).
If for some reason Mancini decides to go back to Italy will we be again stuck with players on huge contracts that we cant shift?
I like Mancini and hope he succeeds, (hard hat on!).

Plain Speaking said:
I'm not trying to be negative but would we be after Lavezzi and De Rossi if we didnt have an Italian manager and Italian coaches?

Possibly. De Rossi has attracted interest from the rags and Chelsea too and at his best could fit in anywhere. Lavezzi is lightning fast so has some of the prerequisites needed for English football.

Players like Cerci and Scapuzzi (the new kid in the reserves) would almost definitely not be considered if we didn't have Italian coaches though I think.

Plain Speaking said:
I'm not trying to be negative but would we be after Lavezzi and De Rossi if we didnt have an Italian manager and Italian coaches? The Italian league is hardly setting the highest standards at present. Generally it is played at a much slower pace.
From what Mancio has said, De Rossi could be a troublemaker apparently he is "living with a criminal and has been denied access to his children." Lavezzi flopped big style at the Copa America and his goal record is poor.
I am not saying we should rule out any players from Italy but we must be 100% sure of their quality.
Sneijder is world class and what about Mata? we dont seem interested, (and maybe even Lukaku).
If for some reason Mancini decides to go back to Italy will we be again stuck with players on huge contracts that we cant shift?
This can be said of every coach. So long as they get good players who fit their vision. It is ine. Liverpool's Spanish Coach invested in Spanish players for years, Chelsea's Portugues Coach always had eyes for Portuguese talent. Arsenal's French Coach did the same getting French talent. This is not new.

As for the players we are interested in:

Lavezzi is a fantastic player, and judging him based on 1 1/2 game, in which the best City player perhaps ever equally struggled. Not to mention the struggle of the world's best player on the same team. De Rossi is a fine player by any standard. If our coach was French we might have had a different view, as their are just many very good players in the world, you just have to find those who fit your view. Poll with Daglish is stockpilling English players, had he been Spanish I doubt that would be the case.

Dax777 said:
Plain Speaking said:
This can be said of every coach. So long as they get good players who fit their vision. It is ine. Liverpool's Spanish Coach invested in Spanish players for years, Chelsea's Portugues Coach always had eyes for Portuguese talent. Arsenal's French Coach did the same getting French talent. This is not new.

Lavezzi is a fantastic player, and judging him based on 1 1/2 game, in which the best City player perhaps ever equally struggled. Not to mention the struggle of the world's best player on the same team. De Rossi is a fine player by any standard. If our coach was French we might have had a different view, as their are just many very good players in the world, you just have to find those who fit your view. Poll with Daglish is stockpilling English players, had he been Spanish I doubt that would be the case.

I think the most influential factor of certain teams predominant nationalities are the chairmen. Liverpool's signings is definitely the culmination of managerial decisions as well as marketing decisions.

E.G. Carroll's £35 million signing was by no means overpriced. The marketing potential for this guy justifies it.

Fernando Torres £50 million. To intellectuals, a signing made solely by Roman Abramovich (a clever guy).

I'm not saying that it's down completely to chairmen. I'm just saying they are very influential.

zangatangring said:
Dax777 said:
Plain Speaking said:

I think the most influential factor of certain teams predominant nationalities are the chairmen. Liverpool's signings is definitely the culmination of managerial decisions as well as marketing decisions.

E.G. Carroll's £35 million signing was by no means overpriced. The marketing potential for this guy justifies it.

Fernando Torres £50 million. To intellectuals, a signing made solely by Roman Abramovich (a clever guy).

I'm not saying that it's down completely to chairmen. I'm just saying they are very influential.
Marketing potential for Carroll???

Pmsl.

Rammy Blue said:
zangatangring said:
Dax777 said:

Marketing potential for Carroll???

Pmsl.

Thats a lot of fake fucking pony tails they will have to sell ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.