Ezequiel Lavezzi

Contrary to what all the press are saying Aguero was not bought to replace Tevez, Sanchez was meant to replace Tevez, the only player who I can see who is similar to Sanchez and Tevez is Lavezzi. I still believe that Bert wants another creative midfielder that IMO will either be Nasri or Sneijder. If Nasri stays at Arsenal it may take Tevez to prise Sneijder out of Inter which means we will need a Tevez replacement ie Lavezzi. If Tevez doesn't leave and we buy Sneijder for money then we won't need a replacement. May also be that we get that Cerci fellow as well. What we do need is someone who can cross a ball and lay on assists for our strikers including Dzeko, Lavezzi has been setting up goal after goal for Cavani in Napoli and I could see him doing the same thing at City for Balotelli and Dzeko. Furthermore Lavezzi can stand in as a striker as well. Just my thoughts :-)

Rammyblues said:
Contrary to what all the press are saying Aguero was not bought to replace Tevez, Sanchez was meant to replace Tevez, the only player who I can see who is similar to Sanchez and Tevez is Lavezzi. I still believe that Bert wants another creative midfielder that IMO will either be Nasri or Sneijder. If Nasri stays at Arsenal it may take Tevez to prise Sneijder out of Inter which means we will need a Tevez replacement ie Lavezzi. If Tevez doesn't leave and we buy Sneijder for money then we won't need a replacement. May also be that we get that Cerci fellow as well. What we do need is someone who can cross a ball and lay on assists for our strikers including Dzeko, Lavezzi has been setting up goal after goal for Cavani in Napoli and I could see him doing the same thing at City for Balotelli and Dzeko. Furthermore Lavezzi can stand in as a striker as well. Just my thoughts :-)

I can see Dzeko being top scorer next season just poaching 25-30 goals. The service he could get is awesome. Mata or Nasri for me will be a fantastic summer.

Rammyblues said:

Sanchez replacing Tevez? Sanchez is a right winger by nature and Tevez is a false 9.... completely different.

I agree with you in the sense that I'm very adamant that Tevez will stay. He's absolutely imperative to the implied front 3 that Mancini would typically play. It would just be a tedious and pointless task trying to replace and improve upon Tevez. He's more than good enough.

You're point on Cerci is also feasible. However, I personally dislike the guy. Just an imitation of AJ's role and even then it's questionable as to whether or not he's explicitly better.

I agree with you completely about the wingers. People often misguidedly cite that Dzeko's goals at Wolfsburg were comprised mostly from shots and that his aerial dominance shouldn't be a major aspect of his game. Mancini is attempting to utilise Dzeko to a different role than his wolfsburg days. That's the way it must be to get the best out of him. I'm secretly suspecting that he'll be complemented by aguero and Balotelli in the crossing department. However, a more orthodox winger should certainly be on the books. Maybe Weiss, AJ and SWP will shock this year? I dunno.

Dzeko can be likened to Berbatov in the sense that he doesn't really require an industrious feed. Just get it to his feet/body and he'll do the work. This is the reason why I'm dubious over Dzeko playing with a wealth of supplying mids. The good thing is whenever we play him, we barely sacrifice defensive intentions. He will be devastating.

Tez Tosterone said:
Matt the Giant said:
Would Lavezzi be "instead of" Nasri for example? Or could we go for both of them?

Instead of.

Ok, thanks.
So... exactly what do we know about our interest in him? Is a bid on the table, any talks ongoing?
Tolmie said that our interest in Nasri came out of the blue so to speak, and we now know he'll most likely stay at Arse, so that should speed up things regarding Lavezzi then, right?

Matt the Giant said:
Tez Tosterone said:
Matt the Giant said:
Would Lavezzi be "instead of" Nasri for example? Or could we go for both of them?

Instead of.

Ok, thanks.
So... exactly what do we know about our interest in him? Is a bid on the table, any talks ongoing?
Tolmie said that our interest in Nasri came out of the blue so to speak, and we now know he'll most likely stay at Arse, so that should speed up things regarding Lavezzi then, right?

I'm not too sure about our interest in him, but he could potentially flourish in our system. I watched him vs liverpool and vs USA. What's most notable about him is his combination play. In term's of recognition, his passing and industrial play is very underrated. I'm just not too sure he'd be more favourable than nasri....

Personally i have never really understood all the criticism Lavezzi has got on this forum over the last few weeks really. The thing is, when we go to Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge, he will not give a shit. Certain players hide in a shell when they go to one of the bigger teams away from home, but i can't see that with this fella. I think he will work for you, he has the ability to assist, he has the speed to get in behind defenders, he has the aggression to rustle a few feathers in the Premiership, he has the ability to beat players and to drag players towards him to create space for players like Silva and he has the tenacity and the presence on the pitch to lift the rest of his player's performances. I believe if we get him, he will be great for us and i think City do need that extra bit of bite in our team, that extra bit of ruthlessness if Tevez does go. He is the kind of player which most defenders would absolutely dread playing against. He has that spark and energy in his game to make a success of himself in the Premiership, a bit like Suarez has done at Liverpool.

Having said that, i would definitely love to see either one of Nasri, Mata, Pastore or Sneijder at our football club, but i would not want to get too greedy haha, as i think Balo or Dzeko deserves their chances in the first team.

zangatangring said:
I agree with you in the sense that I'm very adamant that Tevez will stay. He's absolutely imperative to the implied front 3 that Mancini would typically play. It would just be a tedious and pointless task trying to replace and improve upon Tevez. He's more than good enough.

After seeing Aguero's interview I am convinced Tevez is going. Not a mention and him a God in Argentina. Pity but what the hell.

I think Aguero is the Tevez replacement. He's busy outside the box, as is Tevez and he's lethal in the box as is Tevez. That said I'd play him behind Balotelli (or he shows some form Dzeko).

I think it's a case of pace is above guile at this moment. Given that Nasri has both he's 1st choice but I'd say Lavezzi would surprisingly next, ahead of Sneijder, but what the f**k do I know. :-)

Can't wait for the window to close so we can end all the speculation and just enjoy the football. Why oh why can't the window close on the first day of the season?

TonyM said:
zangatangring said:

After seeing Aguero's interview I am convinced Tevez is going. Not a mention and him a God in Argentina. Pity but what the hell.

I think Aguero is the Tevez replacement. He's busy outside the box, as is Tevez and he's lethal in the box as is Tevez. That said I'd play him behind Balotelli (or he shows some form Dzeko).

I think it's a case of pace is above guile at this moment. Given that Nasri has both he's 1st choice but I'd say Lavezzi would surprisingly next, ahead of Sneijder, but what the f**k do I know. :-)

Can't wait for the window to close so we can end all the speculation and just enjoy the football. Why oh why can't the window close on the first day of the season?

Yeah, I thought that was very very strange. He mentioned Zabalete, Toure, Silva and even Maxi Rodriguez. Something very very fishy there. If we did lose him, I'd certainly dismiss any european 'shock' debut. I'd expect the obliteration (hopefully) to come the season after this one.

If Aguero is the Tevez replace (as you said) who would be the fourth striker that's so maligned here on Bluemoon forum? I've gotta say, all the candidates I here about aren't (IMO) really as convincing as simply keeping him. Lavezzi could (at most, instantly/eventually) achieve suarez's premier league performances. That's a very good achievement to achieve. However, a lavezzi-aguero-balo lineup wouldn't be as effective (IMO) as an Aguero-tevez-Balo lineup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.