F.A.O The 'Bellamy, Bellamy, Bellamy' Crowd

If push came to shove and Bobby went, do you think he would resign to save us from the pr/media disaster that a sacking would bring?

It would still be a feeding frenzy but to a much lesser extent and without sounding callous, his Fathers ill health is an opportunity to walk now.

Well this has gone off on a tangent from the original point made by the OP. The Bellamy chants were out of order. I love the guy and was gutted RM couldn't have found room for him in the squad. I'm sure there are reasons for him being shipped out - mostly conjecture on here - but as a team we've suffered because of the way it played out. However, to chant his name was a kick in the balls for a lot of players,fans and the management out there (a few of them need a kick up the arse though). I can't condone the Bellamy chants at all. Nor the boos. On the other hand, how are fans supposed to make their feelings known? Again, I don't condone it.

As for the spawn of the new debate on this thread. I don't want Mancini out. Never have, and I'll support him till he leaves on his own accord or is shipped out if the powers that be see fit to do so.

There's a lack of top notch managers that would be available and although I disagree with the way RM sets us up the majority of the time right now, I can appreciate why he does at times and I expect that we'll see a more attacking mentality as the season goes on.

blueinsa said:
If push came to shove and Bobby went, do you think he would resign to save us from the pr/media disaster that a sacking would bring?

It would still be a feeding frenzy but to a much lesser extent and without sounding callous, his Fathers ill health is an opportunity to walk now.

Very interesting point. If he did resign then it would have to be with a full payoff. I'm sure Khaldoon/Mansour would be well happy with that.

But it brings us back to the issue at hand. Who's going to do the job? Who has the pedigree? Can we afford to take yet another gamble? Do we really want another 17 year old behind the wheels of our Ferrari?

I don't think The Sheikh wants that for a second.

Let's just get King Kev back. He would play good football with these players. We'd score loads of goals which would please most of the people on here.

Whether the fact that we'd win precisely nothing would satisfy the owners is another matter.

Anyone suggesting Moyes, O'Neill etc really needs help.

I like the fact that we keep the football. It might be a bit Italian but it is the first time in years I have seen City not panic in defence. Give Mancini the same amount of time that Hughes had and then lets judge, boo whatever.

Didsbury Dave said:
blueinsa said:

Very interesting point. If he did resign then it would have to be with a full payoff. I'm sure Khaldoon/Mansour would be well happy with that.

But it brings us back to the issue at hand. Who's going to do the job? Who has the pedigree? Can we afford to take yet another gamble? Do we really want another 17 year old behind the wheels of our Ferrari?

One thing for sure Dave, the guys at the top had better pull a rabbit out of the hat this time around, should the need arise or we could seriously end up with egg on our face.

I await Fbloke and his tipping points (in a nice way fb) ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
blueinsa said:

mancini is not that though is he?
as our chairman said at the time of his appointment
"Roberto is a hugely experienced manager with a proven track record of winning trophies and championships. His experience and track record speak for themselves.

its the negative tactics that's getting everyone down.
you are dead right a sacking now is suicidal.

m27 said:
flb said:
Anyone for Moyes?

I'm going to say this out loud and I might well regret it...the thought doesn't disgust me as much as it once did.

Knows the Premiership inside out and the right age to be a long-term appointment.

I keep saying it, I'm with Mancini, but hypothetically, surely he has to be on the list?

I actually like Moyes... but, unfortunately, he has the exact same limitations as had Hughes in that he's never won owt, he's no real experience of dealing with major incoming transfers, or dealing with ego-driven stars, and his record in European football is pitiful.

So in another era I would have jumped at the chance of him, but for where we are now and want to be... he's got a worse managerial record than Allardyce and McLaren!

I actually think McLeish would be a better bet, and no I'm not proposing he takes over from Mancini!

m27 said:
flb said:
Anyone for Moyes?

I'm going to say this out loud and I might well regret it...the thought doesn't disgust me as much as it once did.

Knows the Premiership inside out and the right age to be a long-term appointment.

I keep saying it, I'm with Mancini, but hypothetically, surely he has to be on the list?

You'll get slaughtered by the usual suspects on here because he's ugly and feisty, m27. The ones who didnt want Bellamy and Rooney.

He can manage but he hasnt got the pedigree of winning things, for me.

Whilst every ounce of rationality in my head tells me Mancini is a liability, the appointment of his successor when it comes is a huge decision.

I think Moyes would be a gamble and our last two managers have been gambles. So using the above analogy, stick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.