FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

They were shit though, a spirited20 minute after we gave them a goal.

The defence and Keeper just didn't look in cohesion, the playing about at the back nearly gave them another goal after the fuck up of the first.
There were a couple of bits of jittery play at the back before the 1st goal as well. No one took charge in that defence.

They were shit though, a spirited20 minute after we gave them a goal.

The defence and Keeper just didn't look in cohesion, the playing about at the back nearly gave them another goal after the fuck up of the first.
I wouldn’t agree they were “shit” mate. I don’t take any pleasure in saying it, but they were resilient and combative, and that first goal increased that.

Well that was fucking horrendous.
Team offered nowt on the pitch and got beat by hoofball.
Wembley and its surrounding are is indeed a shithole. Plastic, gobby rags everywhere.
Eight hours to get home and for 5 of them i was trapped underground with the rag hordes.
Finally get into town and hop in a cab and the driver started to take the piss. He got the full force of my simmering fury.
Spent a fortune.
Not. Fucking. Happy
Not happy? You aren't allowed be unhappy about losing to shit opponents as we won the PL the previous week. Or some such shite.

Gvardiol was grappling with garnacho and watching a bouncing ball. Was in total control of that situation. But hard for him to see ortega also.

Ortega had a perfect view of Gvardiol in that moment, could see he was in charge and then for some reason decided to put himself in no mans land and cost us a goal. Ortega’s fault. He had no need to do what he did!!
“In total control of that situation”?
It honestly didn’t look that way to me. And probably not to Ortega either, otherwise he’d have been more likely to stay put.

Got to admit to thinking the same. I still can't believe that the 'national stadium' was rebuilt at the back of an industrial estate in a scruffy north London suburb with poor road access, rather than just off the motorway network in the Midlands.
Was the national stadium ever going to be built outside the capital city? I mean realistically.

Poor performance yesterday made more disappointing that it was again them lot. We made some horrible defensive mistakes for the both goals (the second goal was a shambles the space both Fernandes and Mainoo had in our box was staggering). I also think it demonstrated that we have lost a little cutting edge this season.

In fairness in the league we have almost always managed to get the goals when needed but yesterday, like Real at home, Arsenal and Liverpool at home show the better sides found it a little bit easier to defend against us this season. We put a lot of pressure on Haaland but if he isn’t firing then we rely heavily on Foden.

Last summer we lost Gundogan and Mahrez, Foden and Doku have replaced some of their goals but the likes Nunes and Kovacic offer no goal threat. It doesn’t help that Grealish has not had a great season and offered less goals and assists then before. Similarly Stones’ fitness issues meant he has missed a huge part of the season so we’ve barely seen him play in his hybrid role. Our set pieces are woeful, no surprise that our defenders (Josko apart) haven’t scored much this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.