FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

If he’d headed it to the left or right side of the goal and ortega did the same thing, garnacho would still have scored!!

Head it left....towards Ake

Head it right toward the touch line

The only way Skeletor could have scored or taking advantage is the way it panned out.

I'm not Gvardiol.....so wasn't in his head. Just an observation which is easy to make on replays.

I agree. Sadly it's one of those things that football throws up - Ortega was the hero v Spurs and fucked up here
I don't agree fully. The keeper did get his positioning wrong in the end but the defender could have done better with his header. We were poor all round particularly in defence during the first half hour and hardly surprising we fell behind.

My mate got scammed on Booking.com.

He booked an apartment in London for 3 of us.

Got to the apartment, rang the person who owned the apartment, not reply.

We drove around Harrow trying to find parking.

My mate rang the owner of the apartment again. This time he answered.

My mate told him he had booked the apartment last month on Booking.com.

The owner said the apartment hasn’t been on Booking.com for over a year . The lying ****!

We had no option but to book the Travelodge in the centre of Harrow. Two rooms for £360!

My mate has sent emails to Booking.com to report the apartment owner, to get his money back, and to get compensation.

Poor performance yesterday made more disappointing that it was again them lot. We made some horrible defensive mistakes for the both goals (the second goal was a shambles the space both Fernandes and Mainoo had in our box was staggering). I also think it demonstrated that we have lost a little cutting edge this season.

In fairness in the league we have almost always managed to get the goals when needed but yesterday, like Real at home, Arsenal and Liverpool at home show the better sides found it a little bit easier to defend against us this season. We put a lot of pressure on Haaland but if he isn’t firing then we rely heavily on Foden.

Last summer we lost Gundogan and Mahrez, Foden and Doku have replaced some of their goals but the likes Nunes and Kovacic offer no goal threat. It doesn’t help that Grealish has not had a great season and offered less goals and assists then before. Similarly Stones’ fitness issues meant he has missed a huge part of the season so we’ve barely seen him play in his hybrid role. Our set pieces are woeful, no surprise that our defenders (Josko apart) haven’t scored

I don't agree fully. The keeper did get his positioning wrong in the end but the defender could have done better with his header. We were poor all round particularly in defence during the first half hour and hardly surprising we fell behind.
I suppose I’d call it 75% Ortega and 25% Gvardiol because you’re right he could have headed it away from the goal. But Ortega still had a brain fart. Shit day all round

Yesterday’s defeat is what it is, we have had a great record against united at Wembley prior to yesterday’s result, there was always gonna be a point where they turn us over at that place,

Rather it be this year rather than last year where they would of stopped us from doing the treble, United always look decent under ten Hag when they score first but as soon as they concede they lose there heads and panic,

As soon as Doku scored they did the same yesterday, apart from one break away they had which came to nothing, they are not a good team, and the manager they have will never win them a league title or champions league which we know deep down that is what they want, they got lucky yesterday with us looking like we were already on the beach and gifting them one of the goals,

The league table never lies, that will always be a true reflection of your team and club as a whole as to where you are at, and man United are a million miles away from competing for the league in my opinion, even if he does stay there manager then eventually his luck will run out and they will pull the plug on him, I see a lot more shit coming united’s way yet, him winning the cup yesterday has put them in between a rock and hard place with there moaning fan base,

The money United have thrown at it then it’s the least they should be doing is winning FA cups and League Cups, what they have spent it’s a very poor return as they should be competing for the big 2 trophies with what they have thrown at it.

It was funny seeing soranio and khaldoon sat right next to sir Jim and some of his new board team, they were delirious with there celebrating while are 2 chiefs just had a little smile on there faces, that said a thousand words to me,

It said to me that are hierarchy were not to bothered about yesterday, they want more league titles and European cups, they think with a Real Madrid mentality are owners, they will not allow us to go 34 years of being dog shit again,

They would not build are club to this point for it to just fall off the edge of a cliff, have faith in are owner and chairman, they will still be here long after some of these players and pep,

We are a forward thinking club who are always setting new trends that other clubs follow, they will be picking the brains of all leading sports brands across the globe in how you move forward and stay successful after a generational manager who dominated in his sport,

We’re in good hands blues, we ain’t going away, we’re here to stay, just like Madrid have always been at the top, we think and act like them now as an organisation,

Reactions: CC1
It was similar to Nastasic's at the Bridge back in 2012. Headed it past Joe Hart and Chelsea had a tap in.
It was, like that one, a case of two players absolutely not talking to each other. If Ortega intended to go for it — and by the way he had no business doing so, but having decided to he had to go all in — all he had to do was scream “my ball!”. Instead, he came out to beyond the area, and then stopped. I'd say that goal's largely on him. On the other hand, if Gvardiol really did think that Ortega was on his line, or only a few yards off it, that header would have been too weak, and the United player would still probably have scored. I'd have that about 75% on Ortega, 25% on Gvardiol.
For the second, neither Gvardiol nor any other member of the back line got tight enough on the United players. It really wasn't a particularly brilliant goal by United. It was collectively poor by City.
Aymeric Laporte was often criticised on here for steaming in, but I can't help wondering whether he, if he'd been around, or Días wouldn't have more proactive on that movement, and intercepted the ball. Ah well, as “Turk” Solozzo said, what's done is done. Still annoyed about it, and will remain so for a while.
That's not contradictory to being buzzing about the season overall. We have rarely been at our sublime best. That's the honest-to-God truth. It is quite amazing that we are champions. But that's what we do. Oh and that team hates to lose. Believe it, they'll be hurting about yesterday.

Last edited:
Walker isn't captain material.
Should have been Dias or Rodri.

Anyway, absolutely gutted we didn't do the double double because I just have a gut feeling that next year may end up being a bit of a transitional season.

But to put it all in perspective, what a magnificent last 4 years we've been treated to.

It's obvious some of our players have absolutely run themselves into the ground and have hit physical and mental walls (and unfortunately a Euro's summer isn't going to help that either).

Just wish we hadn't had our worst off-day of the season in a cup final against the scum. Almost makes me wish we hadn't made the final and given the players a bit of extra time to rest for next season. But we did go on a phenomenal run in the 2nd half of the season to win the 4 in a row so.... Maybe mentally or physically some of the players just didn't have any extra reserves left.

Add to that what I consider a huge tactical f u by Pep, starting Stones (I thought starting Kovacic was an OK decision) ahead of Akanji or Dias.

You can't win em all, like I said, I just wish it hasn't been against the scum especially and a chance to make history by doing a double double.

keepin it classy as always!

You're a Gvardiol fan boy, in other words a bore. Here's what I actually wrote.

"That Gvardiol header was the worst I've seen since bloody Jamie Pollock's against Q.P.R. Also MIA for the second, as was the rest of the defence. Halland a passenger again and Alvarez with a terrible miss."

So I blamed the rest of the defence, Haaland for being a passenger and Alvarez for a terrible miss. I could have added the rest of the team were below par as well. No one player was responsible for yesterday and I didn't say that. Just like we all see games differently we can all dissect a person's post and pick out a bit that outrages us while ignoring the rest.

As I've wound you up all season apparently for occasionally criticising Gvardiol I'd suggest you mute me and do us both a favour. You're still a bore though.

I'll also add while I may come on here and have the odd rant, dig out a player or the team I never do so at a game I'm 100% behind them. I was there at Maine Road for the Pollock header and I was there yesterday. In other words a long standing loyal supporter who's seen it all the good and the bad. How about you?

Last edited:
It was, like that one, a case of two players absolutely not talking to each other. If Ortega intended to go for it — and by the way he had no business doing so, but having decided to he had to go all in — all he had to do was scream “my ball!”. Instead, he came out to beyond the area, and then stopped. I'd say that goal's largely on him. On the other hand, if Gvardiol really did think that Ortega was on his line, or only a few yards off it, that header would have been too weak, and the United player would still probably have scored. I'd have that about 75% on Ortega, 25% on Gvardiol.
For the second, neither Gvardiol nor any other member of the back line got tight enough on the United players. It really wasn't a particularly brilliant goal by United. It was collectively poor by City.

The frustrating thing about thr 2nd goal was the lack of urgency to track players.

Not just Walker......but Foden was a massive part of it. A 10 yard burst to get alongside Fernandes and the goal doesn't happen.

He can see the danger and has help Ake who can't be in two places at once.

Like you say....collectively poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.