FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

my 17yr old grandson has just had his first major setback as a city supporter, he's absolutely distraught at that result, so ive sat him down and wev'e gone on youtube and watched some real fuckin lows that ive had in my 60 odd years of following the blues and i think he gets it now ;-) it's not all roses
Same here with my 15 year old grandson his reaction was 4 in a row making history and he's wearing his treble medal first day back in school LOL

Think it was the 2013/14 season because I pulled out my old season review dvd recently and I think I remember seeing it on that. Was Torres of all people with the damn tap in.

Clichy got completely skinned in that same game (I think by Torres as well) for their other goal.

Anyway, since I saw that recently, it instantly reminded me of that same moment.

Tradition is not a bad thing, whoever seems to think a shite dj playing obscure tracks is somehow entertaining in a huge bowl is missing the point, I remember 1981 and being in the ground once the turnstyles opened, yesterday with 15 minutes to go the ground was 2/3 empty, it was like both sets of fans find Wembley utter shite
For personal reasons, ‘Abide with me’ is a really special part of the pre match for me.

I was disappointed that Kev came off, don't get me wrong, he was very poor on the night but he really is one of those players who can pull an absolute moment out of nothing and considering how poor pretty much the whole team was playing.... Just felt like it's one of those games where you keep a talismanic player like that on till the very end.

Tradition is not a bad thing, whoever seems to think a shite dj playing obscure tracks is somehow entertaining in a huge bowl is missing the point, I remember 1981 and being in the ground once the turnstyles opened, yesterday with 15 minutes to go the ground was 2/3 empty, it was like both sets of fans find Wembley utter shite

Rather than there being too much of it, there's too little left, in my opinion, as far as Wembley's concerned. Wembley as an area may be a shit hole (and by the way, I know it well, my father owned a garage there and I used to go down there quite often before moving to Manchester in my early teens) but it is a legendary name to millions all over the world. That's just the fact. It's almost certainly the most famous football stadium on the planet. Say Wembley, say football. From Kingston, Jamaica, to Kuala Lumpur.
The semi-American razzamatazz around events like these (and by the way, that includes some of what goes on at the Etihad) gets on my nerves. But I'm well aware that that's the point of view of a MOC (Miserable Old C—…).

For personal reasons, ‘Abide with me’ is a really special part of the pre match for me.
It’s a special, unique moment, but “tradition” is so passé with the younger crowd, who are quick to tell you what’s “cool” and what isn’t.

Apparently, cool and social media-worthy are the only things of importance anymore, which is bollocks, so I guess that makes me a FOC/MOC, too!

I was disappointed that Kev came off, don't get me wrong, he was very poor on the night but he really is one of those players who can pull an absolute moment out of nothing and considering how poor pretty much the whole team was playing.... Just felt like it's one of those games where you keep a talismanic player like that one till the very end.
Yeah id have thought switch Kev on the right if he wanted to get Alvarez on. As there was absolutely fuck all being created down that. At least he’d have whipped some crosses in and stretched them more

Last edited:
Think it was the 2013/14 season because I pulled out my old season review dvd recently and I think I remember seeing it on that. Was Torres of all people with the damn tap in.

Clichy got completely skinned in that same game (I think by Torres as well) for their other goal.

Anyway, since I saw that recently, it instantly reminded me of that same moment.

Absolutely correct. It was the occasion for my creating an account and logging on here for my first post, which was a fairly worthless rant.
At that point, I had a bad feeling about the way the season was going to go. Then up stepped the Beeeeast…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.