FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Agree with this. Didn't have the same feel as last year and the atmosphere was nowhere near the same. Gundogs early goal no doubt helped though. Tried to get it going around me, but very few were joining in. Preferred last year's FA Cup final to Istanbul in terms of atmosphere to be honest. Think most of us were half-dead by kick off over there though.

Agree with this; last year's atmosphere was electric - non stop singing for 95 mins with Scum fans quiet as a mouse

That's why i couldn't believe the confidence of some blues - the over confidence would have riled 'yanited'- and that helped them come with more determination then we would have wanted. NEVER be over confident blues - seeps between players, club, supporters, management...never ends well. You want determined hungry and focused. Then you can go on the p^ss. Ten Haag's team talk was done, over celebrating fans thinking we'd smash 'em. It's a cup final..and derby as well. Way too complacent it seemed by us from top m'ngt to fans
Firstly local bragging rights aside it was not the most important game of the season. We may have been complacent but I suggest we were mentally and physically drained from the effort of beating not only Arsenal but the dippers to the title. The rags themselves wouldn't have considered the FA Cup much of an achievement if it was Chelsea they beat on Saturday. We won 4 in a row and that is what will hurt them in the weeks ahead when the adrenaline rush of their win at the weekend fades away.

Firstly local bragging rights aside it was not the most important game of the season. We may have been complacent but I suggest we were mentally and physically drained from the effort of beating not only Arsenal but the dippers to the title. The rags themselves wouldn't have considered the FA Cup much of an achievement if it was Chelsea they beat on Saturday. We won 4 in a row and that is what will hurt them in the weeks ahead when the adrenaline rush of their win at the weekend fades away.

One consolation from the weekend is that we saved our first defeat in normal time in 2024 for the cup final rather than the weeks before in the title race where it would have been fatal in retaining the league. Beating United in an Fa cup final wouldn’t have taken away that disappointment of losing the league if it happened and hopefully our lot sit and smart over Saturday’s shit show and come back extra motivated for the new season.

Can’t have any complaints from this team over the season to do what they have done retaining the league when it looked like it had gone in December, won the world club championship and have expensively assembled teams like Madrid and the rags playing Sam Allardyce football against them.

I'm really not bothered about it, but, it was a big missed opportunity to do something unique - a double-double, but I felt that the writing was on the wall when we didn't get that early penalty when the dwarf just barged into Earl's back. Thinking back to the penalty they got last season, I was sickened to hear Shearer say something like "...Nah; not enough in it for me..."
When we didn't get that and then we gave away the comedy goal, I was suddenly transported back into 'Typical City!' land.
We should have won, but, it could have been worse - finished the season as runners-up twice!
We won the big one; that'll do me.

Agree with this; last year's atmosphere was electric - non stop singing for 95 mins with Scum fans quiet as a mouse
Agreed, but last year we were ahead after a few seconds and carried on creating chances before and after their joke penalty.
This year we created one clear-cut chance in the first half and we created it for them!!
The reaction to their goal was to create bugger all. Lots of possession, lots of nice play getting the ball wide, but nothing in their penalty area. - And then we fell apart again; un-marked winger, un-marked **** in the middle who scuffed his shot to a second un-marked **** who scored.
We were better in the second half but their latest clown goalie only had one decent save to make. Obviously it would have been different had Erling not hit the bar and Alvarez not fluffed a decent chance, but overall we were crap which hardly led to a decent atmosphere among City fans.
Forget the four in a row. This is a post-match thread not a post-season thread.

This loss has affected me more than i thought, I suppose it hurts because of who we lost too. I wrote a poem about it hoping it might make me feel better.

Another game, a sorry loss, the scoreboard tells no lies,
The final whistle blows, and something within me sighs.
The hopes we had, the cheers that rose, now quiet in the stands,
A season's work, a dream's demise, slipping through our hands.

We wore our colours, proud and loud, our spirits soared so high,
But now the silence feels so loud, beneath the open sky.
The plays we missed, the shots not taken, haunt the field tonight,
And in this moment, feeling shaken, victory's out of sight.

Yet in this feeling, fed up and worn, a spark of strength remains,
For every fan who's felt forlorn knows joy is worth the pains.
We'll rise again, with dawn's first light, our passion still ablaze,
For every loss that stings tonight, brighter are better days.

Agreed, but last year we were ahead after a few seconds and carried on creating chances before and after their joke penalty.
This year we created one clear-cut chance in the first half and we created it for them!!
The reaction to their goal was to create bugger all. Lots of possession, lots of nice play getting the ball wide, but nothing in their penalty area. - And then we fell apart again; un-marked winger, un-marked **** in the middle who scuffed his shot to a second un-marked **** who scored.
We were better in the second half but their latest clown goalie only had one decent save to make. Obviously it would have been different had Erling not hit the bar and Alvarez not fluffed a decent chance, but overall we were crap which hardly led to a decent atmosphere among City fans.
Forget the four in a row. This is a post-match thread not a post-season thread.

Weren’t aggressive dealing with their long punts which resulted in the second. Gvardiol wanted to stand up the umpalumpa which gave him the time to get his head up and pick out Fernandez. He should have been out towards him and showing him outside, the tracking of their runners into the box was shocking as well with Stones and Walker not alert to where the dangers were coming from.

I was at the game and haven't watched any highlights back for obvious reasons, but I've just seen the Mainoo WWF wrestling grab and takedown of Haaland. I'd like the officials and var to explain how that wasn't a penalty. How???? No attempt to win the ball he just pulled him down. Utterly ludicrous decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.