FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Interesting but was that study done on very fit athletes?
Regardless of who was in the study - loads of alcohol DOES NOT help anyone - it's never been a health drink. So when you want to beat your rivals in a cup final, and when they are professional athletes also, you don't want to give them the advantage. One point that was made to me was that City were sort of grateful for the loss - a double double = not good for the game = More scrutiny = More calls to relegate us. The loss may help in the long run reducing the heat that sheer dominance provides. Very tenuous but i can see the point.

Regardless of who was in the study - loads of alcohol DOES NOT help anyone - it's never been a health drink. So when you want to beat your rivals in a cup final, and when they are professional athletes also, you don't want to give them the advantage. One point that was made to me was that City were sort of grateful for the loss - a double double = not good for the game = More scrutiny = More calls to relegate us. The loss may help in the long run reducing the heat that sheer dominance provides. Very tenuous but i can see the point.

Exactly. It's all relative. I know how it effects me and I exercise daily. No, I'm nowhere near as fit as them and I don't profess to be. I've more reason to comment than somebody that doesn't and just takes people at their word that it didn't have an impact on the game or the preparation itself. Walker's hardly going to come out and say he was rough for a few days last week is he?!!! Imagine the backlash. Damage limitation, deny it had any part to play in the defeat and change the direction of the conversation. Almost politician-like spin.

The media and just about everyone else in the country would have you believe that the biggest underdog in the history of football, Man Utd has caused the biggest upset ever seen by beating us . It's absolutely laughable, yes they've been playing shit but they possess the 2nd most expensive squad assembled behind Chelsea so should be winning virtually every game if money does buy success as we're always told

this game still bothers me, especially it had an overconfident feeling to it from City.
getting drunk start of the week, no training, coupled with that dross of a first half. we only started to take this game seriously in 2nd half, instead of Monday morning the next day after we lifted the PL trophy.
whats the points getting to the final if you then take it a bit lightly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.