FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

I was at the game and haven't watched any highlights back for obvious reasons, but I've just seen the Mainoo WWF wrestling grab and takedown of Haaland. I'd like the officials and var to explain how that wasn't a penalty. How???? No attempt to win the ball he just pulled him down. Utterly ludicrous decision.
When I saw the first possible penalty I thought they’d dismiss it as a “coming together” even though it was a foul from behind from the midget. The Mainoo one was just an unbelievable decision - at that point I knew we were getting nothing here. Although we were very poor first half we were unlucky to lose.

When I saw the first possible penalty I thought they’d dismiss it as a “coming together” even though it was a foul from behind from the midget. The Mainoo one was just an unbelievable decision - at that point I knew we were getting nothing here. Although we were very poor first half we were unlucky to lose.

When you consider they gave the Holland one at the swamp for a slight tug on an arm but not that one it defies belief.

At some point last week I thought glad we are not in champions league final get a rest concentrate on fa cup, I now think if we were in champions league final we would of won Saturday.

At some point last week I thought glad we are not in champions league final get a rest concentrate on fa cup, I now think if we were in champions league final we would of won Saturday.

I'll never be glad we haven't got to a Champions League Final. Think they'd definitely have been more focussed for the FA Cup and less complacency would have set in if they'd got there. No piss up either.

Something went wrong in that week leading up to the cup final. Not sure if the post PL celebrations were a factor or the team selection but we weren't right, disappointing.

Something went wrong in that week leading up to the cup final. Not sure if the post PL celebrations were a factor or the team selection but we weren't right, disappointing.

Both. Here you are a study that shows recovery is down 7 percent FIVE days after consuming alcohol. That's including participants that have barely touched it. Those that went heavy it's safe to assume that is higher. 7 percent isn't a negligible number in itself. We're talking about players being at peak performance here, not supporters that go 6 days in between a drinking session. A 7 percent difference in a race can literally be the difference between winning it and coming last comfortably. I'd rather go off a study than trust our right back whose not got the best track record for honesty.

Both. Here you are a study that shows recovery is down 7 percent FIVE days after consuming alcohol. That's including participants that have barely touched it. Those that went heavy it's safe to assume that is higher. 7 percent isn't a negligible number in itself. We're talking about players being at peak performance here, not supporters that go 6 days in between a drinking session. A 7 percent difference in a race can literally be the difference between winning it and coming last comfortably. I'd rather go off a study than trust our right back whose not got the best track record for honesty.

Interesting but was that study done on very fit athletes?

I'm sure someone on here will come along and try to debunk that, but it's worthy content. Maybe a small PL celebration, coupled with full week of Fa Cup focus and then a mega booze up if we'd won would've been preferable in hindsight. Did we underestimate the red vermin and think we would win pretty much regardless? I wouldn't like to think so and we've rightly been slagging them off all season, then we turn up like that.

I'm sure someone on here will come along and try to debunk that, but it's worthy content. Maybe a small PL celebration, coupled with full week of Fa Cup focus and then a mega booze up if we'd won would've been preferable in hindsight. Did we underestimate the red vermin and think we would win pretty much regardless? I wouldn't like to think so and we've rightly been slagging them off all season, then we turn up like that.

Of course they will. As to some questioning anything City related is treachery. It was a terrible call. Nothing to gain from it and if it only had a 1 percent impact on performance it shouldn't have taken place. People fuck up all the time and make mistakes. Unfortunately in this instance 30k fans spent a fortune and travelled the length of the country to witness it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.