FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

I'm really not bothered about it, but, it was a big missed opportunity to do something unique - a double-double, but I felt that the writing was on the wall when we didn't get that early penalty when the dwarf just barged into Earl's back. Thinking back to the penalty they got last season, I was sickened to hear Shearer say something like "...Nah; not enough in it for me..."
When we didn't get that and then we gave away the comedy goal, I was suddenly transported back into 'Typical City!' land.
We should have won, but, it could have been worse - finished the season as runners-up twice!
We won the big one; that'll do me.
I assumed - the first penalty wasn’t given because of an offside in the build up. It was a penalty all day long. Wonder if the VAR panel will have something to say about it, as they do with PL matches?

This loss has affected me more than i thought, I suppose it hurts because of who we lost too. I wrote a poem about it hoping it might make me feel better.

Another game, a sorry loss, the scoreboard tells no lies,
The final whistle blows, and something within me sighs.
The hopes we had, the cheers that rose, now quiet in the stands,
A season's work, a dream's demise, slipping through our hands.

We wore our colours, proud and loud, our spirits soared so high,
But now the silence feels so loud, beneath the open sky.
The plays we missed, the shots not taken, haunt the field tonight,
And in this moment, feeling shaken, victory's out of sight.

Yet in this feeling, fed up and worn, a spark of strength remains,
For every fan who's felt forlorn knows joy is worth the pains.
We'll rise again, with dawn's first light, our passion still ablaze,
For every loss that stings tonight, brighter are better days.
Very good Bill. Now do you want to write a retrospective poem for after that Stoke game which despite victory saw us cast into the void?

this game still bothers me, especially it had an overconfident feeling to it from City.
getting drunk start of the week, no training, coupled with that dross of a first half. we only started to take this game seriously in 2nd half, instead of Monday morning the next day after we lifted the PL trophy.
whats the points getting to the final if you then take it a bit lightly.

The more so in that we broke a hoodoo in going to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and beating them there, and then somehow dragged ourselves through winning a difficult semi-final against Chelsea when it was clear the entire team were walking zombies.

This loss has affected me more than i thought, I suppose it hurts because of who we lost too. I wrote a poem about it hoping it might make me feel better.

Another game, a sorry loss, the scoreboard tells no lies,
The final whistle blows, and something within me sighs.
The hopes we had, the cheers that rose, now quiet in the stands,
A season's work, a dream's demise, slipping through our hands.

We wore our colours, proud and loud, our spirits soared so high,
But now the silence feels so loud, beneath the open sky.
The plays we missed, the shots not taken, haunt the field tonight,
And in this moment, feeling shaken, victory's out of sight.

Yet in this feeling, fed up and worn, a spark of strength remains,
For every fan who's felt forlorn knows joy is worth the pains.
We'll rise again, with dawn's first light, our passion still ablaze,
For every loss that stings tonight, brighter are better days.

Not bad. Could you spin a little ditty about Kevin Horlock being sent off for aggressive walking?

The Real Madrid loss was a bigger disappointment to me. I was gutted for a few days after that

Both hurt for different reasons...

I never saw us retaining the Champions League this year purely down to the amount of ridiculous goals we've conceded and so it proved. 3 of the 4 goals in that tie were avoidable. At least I could take solace in those performances and know that we turned up and had Madrid playing like a side in the Premier League fighting for relegation.

The Utd game hurts because it stank of complacency and arrogance. Imagine if the roles were reversed and they were the better side and went out of the piss on the lead up to the game and how much that'd wind us up. 'Typical Rag Arrogance' etc etc. It's all they've had to play for this year and they didn't need any extra given motivation. Barring Villa away I can't recall us playing that badly, but I'd put that more down to Villa's performance than ourselves. Our antics last week were unfortunately a great leveller and they still needed the help of officials and our players not at the races physically or mentally to scrape a result. Even looking back in a few years time it'll still piss me off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.