FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

We lost after making history yet again last weekend.

Some of the posters and posts on here are a fucking disgrace.

Pathetic fair weather fans who have no fucking grasp of the realities of sport.

Used to be a great forum for talking City this, now it’s full of dickheads.

Every other club and fan base would kill for what we have, best to remember that.
There's 3 types of posters on this forum.

1. The 'take it as it comes' and have a philosophical outlook to wins and defeats.
2. The 'lash outs' who blame everyone and everything for stuff going wrong.
3. Then there's the 'lash ins' who blame the 'lash outs' for lashing out.

You're number 3, btw.

Some of the reaction is over the top. We won the big prize last week and what an achievement. I don't think we were at our best this season so well done to the lads. Bye the way some of the arrogance and entitlement in the pre match thread seems a bit silly now. We strengthen in the summer hopefully and go again for five in a row.
Agree with a lot of that, but not to show up was shocking, win or lose. Perhaps some were still hungover, and provided great incentive to the rags at the arrogance.

I’m gonna start this by saying I couldn’t give a flying fuck about the FA Cup in the grand scheme of things. For big clubs, there are two titles that matter at the start of the season, the PL and the CL. Anything else is nothing more than a nice-to-have. Before any lurking rag fans think that statement is sour grapes…your own club clearly thinks the same, hence ETH being in the dole queue next week.

That being said, really disappointed in our CB selection today. Stones and Ake have both looked like they’ve been towing caravans for the past few months. Neither has looked remotely fit and it felt like some kind of appeasement selection. We knew what United would do, we didn’t need Pep level genius to know that United would sit deep and look for the quick counter, so why we decided to pick our 3rd and 4th choice CBs and arguably the slowest against this, is beyond me. What other side gets to what most consider a major cup final and plays their 3rd and 4th choice CB…out of choice? Very odd.

That aside, I couldn’t give a toss. We won one of the two trophies that actually matter to big clubs and the loss will soon disappear into the aether, because the news will all be about United looking for a new manager in a couple of days.

Champions (of something that actually matters).
Don't think that first sentence would have got a mention if we'd have won today tbh.

To put things into perspective, those lads have achieved something that won't happen again in our lifetime. They had every right to celebrate the whole fucking week. They're immortal.

Absolutely correct - today just wasn't the ending we all hoped for.

the silver lining is that Jim Radcliffe and Dave Brailsford will have one to many tonight, get all giddy and decide that the current team plus Ten Hag is absolutely brilliant ‘if they could only just all get fit arent we unlucky’ and start next season with much the same squad and manager
S
Maybe same squad, maybe same manager but a different chemist. Wouldn't surprise me if we got a livarpool style renaissance from them next year.

Didn’t get the Ake substitution at half-time, he was the only defender who didn’t make a mistake. To be fair, we didn’t do enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.