FA Cup Final Post Match thread

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
razinho said:
I can't believe people are blaming Bobby for this? Every player looked like they couldn't give a fuck about what happened out there. It wouldn't be as bad if this was a meaningless game in the league when we have our second spot sewn up but this was a fucking cup final.

I thought the tactics were a bit off as we were overrun in midfield for most of the first half - mainly due to the fact Yaya was dreaming of catching some rays this summer. Subs were spot on but pour downfall was the lack of individual performances from pretty much everyone. We can get away with one or two having a shocker but when the whole team can't be fucked then we might as well have put some hungry players out there...

Have to say after last season's heroics it's been such an underwhelming season, we need to get rid of some deadwood and bring in some new hunger into the squad or else we'll have a similar season. Really hope we stay with Bobby, not the time for a change in my opinion.

Good grief.
Subs were spot on? Taking off our best player on the day and the only one who looked threatening, Tevez? Of course with the Bobby inners, nothing is ever his fault.
Nasri could hardly be described as our best player today. In regards to the Tevez sub, we were getting absolutely mauled in midfield, they were getting to our defense without much effort so bringing on Rodwell was pretty much correct. I'm not someone who will defend Mancini to the hills but to blame him for this is laughable, he can set everything up perfectly but if noone cares then it's bound to fail. I'm surprised we managed to almost reach extra time!

On my way home... tired, miserable and angry at that performance on every level. Some of us have been concerned about Mancini's tactical limitations for a while now and our good performances come in short fits and bursts which is not good enough for a top club. Our attacking tactics are some of the most stunted and one dimensional of any top team... I guess that's one reason we've scored fewer goals even than Liverpool and Arsenal. Mancini just seems out of tactical ideas and his answer will remain... buy more players and let individual quality win us points, when even this team could succeed with more emphasis on team building, work ethic, and tactics.

Our midfield was woeful today, truly shocking display.
Where to start?...

The Tevez and Nasri substitutions were absolutely baffling considering they were the only players creating upfront. Certainly others deserved to be subbed before those two... Aguero, Silva and Toure for example.

Silva was particularly dreadful today, his game was summed up for me in the second half when Mcmanamanamanamanamanaman (i believe) literally walked past him on the edge of the box. It was genuinely shocking for a professional footballer to not even get a foot in.

Although he's never been the quickest, Barrys lack of mobility today was seriously abused. Yaya basically walked around the pitch all match gasping for air. Whilst Wigan won the midfield battle with ease and played between the lines no problem at all.

We seriously need to put some energy into the center of midfield, there was absolutely no pressure on the ball at times. And that could have been resolved by putting on some industrious legs in the form of Milner and Rodwell.

Also, how hard is it to spot when a player needs help?
Clichy was given an absolute torrid time, yet mancini does fuck all.
Put milner on that side with him, if you're going to put him on a wing. At least milner puts in a shift defensively and could have stopped mcmanamananans significant impact on the game.

Amazing energy from Wigan - They had the bus parked when they needed to, AND had enough forward when the chance arose. Of course, it's only natural that they were the squad who needed no extra motivational talks on a day like this.

It did highlight your slow attack, but this is the first season where the majority of your opposition has set up for a nil-nil, and lesser teams have learnt to frustrate you. Next season Roberto(?) needs to learn to stretch negative opposition and bang em in fast! ...if the media allow him to stay. What was all that about anyway??? Fkn media are worse than the rags on here.

No surprise, near identical performance to 3 weeks ago.

Except this time Tevez couldn't supply the magic to win it, he was on the bench. The look on his face said it all. He was our best player today, but of course this is payback for Munich.

They wanted it more than we did. BAD day at the office, unacceptable! I hope the players learn from this and it hurts them as much as it hurts us. Mancini out? I'm not so sure. I do fear for him after that though. Summed our season up really. Loadsa possession, no cutting edge.

ste1969 said:
Piss taking bitter rags joining the forum to fucking gloat.... you sad twats.

At least us blues have the dignity to congratulate wigan.... for any rag bastard reading this you will find the word dignity in the dictionary.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)
Xx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.