FA Cup Final | Ticket Criteria

I agree with this. Maybe the season ticket holder can't afford to do both the league and all rounds of the cup? It might not be purely down to lack of interest that they haven't done some of the earlier fixtures. It's fairly safe to assume we could go deep in most, if not all, of the competitions. Maybe somebody is on the Champions League and EFL Cup scheme and bought most the FA Cup games ad hoc but a member that has just been to all the FA cup games jumps ahead of them? Obviously an extreme example but you are always going to upset somebody. And if you're upsetting somebody it shouldn't be at the expense of the season ticket holder.

The members have been shafted recently and I don't like the way that points seem to be meaningless on the membership and everybody is essentially an equal on it. We all know that's not the case! I'm sure there's a lot of members that are more worthy than some of those that are getting tickets through a branch and that's a real shame. As Cheadlehulme suggested a small amount of tickets reserved to Cityzen members on a points basis may have been a good initiative.
I genuinely think a lot of it is down to most of the cup games being midweek, all CL & LC games are midweek, and even some rounds of the FA cup are too

Just been chatting to a rag who is going and he said they have been given an additional 3000. Not sure how true that is but they do mention extra tickets on their site.

Got mine and my lads ticket at 3pm, I was surprised how many had gone at that point, I would suggest we have sold around 20,000 so far. My step son isn't on the cup scheme and has around 2000 points, not looking great for him at the moment.

Some of the moaners on here don't realise how much better it is than in days gone by.
In 1969 I had an almost full voucher sheet but due to the ridiculously low allocation back then I still didn't qualify for a Final ticket. I managed to get one through a mate of my Dad, who happened to know a ticket tout. I had the grand sum of £8 in my bank account and a 15 shillings standing ticket (75p for all you young 'uns) cost me £6. That was a week's wage to me.
Going online today it took me literally 2 mins to get my FOC £60 seat at the touch of a key. Simples. Went in at 3pm and directed straight to buying my ticket, no queue. 5 mins later it's uploaded to my Google Wallet. No complaints from me.

It’s a good job this thread exists though.

I’ve been dead busy in work, working 13 hour days. And if I hadn’t popped in here I wouldn’t have known they were on sale.

I’ve got my ticket now but they usually send out the criteria via email.
Same here, I'm normally bombarded by email and SMS for games they know I'll never be able to go to due to my points, yet nothing for the FA Cup final, when on the Cup Scheme, annoying really.

I genuinely think a lot of it is down to most of the cup games being midweek, all CL & LC games are midweek, and even some rounds of the FA cup are too

Yep, agreed. Certainly one of the major reasons. If I lived in Manchester I'd go to more cup games during the week. Bad enough the few I've done this season and getting back home at 1am.

Just been chatting to a rag who is going and he said they have been given an additional 3000. Not sure how true that is but they do mention extra tickets on their site.

I'd say it's bollocks. The fa cup final is more strictly monitored and it's harder to get tickets. The first all Manchester one will have higher demand than most. All the bigwigs of the fa and the associated clubs who get their share will take them up so I don't see where spares are coming from.

Some of the moaners on here don't realise how much better it is than in days gone by.
In 1969 I had an almost full voucher sheet but due to the ridiculously low allocation back then I still didn't qualify for a Final ticket. I managed to get one through a mate of my Dad, who happened to know a ticket tout. I had the grand sum of £8 in my bank account and a 15 shillings standing ticket (75p for all you young 'uns) cost me £6. That was a week's wage to me.
Going online today it took me literally 2 mins to get my FOC £60 seat at the touch of a key. Simples. Went in at 3pm and directed straight to buying my ticket, no queue. 5 mins later it's uploaded to my Google Wallet. No complaints from me.
I'll never forget queuing for hours for derby FA Cup tickets in 96 the day after we beat Coventry (I think). And the play off final. Got in the queue before 8am and United had beat Newcastle in the cup final before I got to the front, via some weird and wonderful back door tunnels throught the Kippax. Today, done in less than a minute!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.