FA Cup Final | Ticket Criteria

I’m guessing that was for the semi. I think the final was slightly different.
Yeah just checked.

Semi Cup Scheme first window.

Final CS same window as 3500 points so guaranteed a ticket. Sold out just below that. There were only supposed to be bout 7k on it the time, but it was a leg-up.

I think a lot of high points cup schemers will be waiting or maybe even gambling on us getting to the CL final,because going to both maybe out of their price range. It's a bloody dear do following Citeh these days..but I'd sooner have this problem than the alternative:-)
This is true, I was weighing up what to do and waiting on Madrid away, as if we were def going to istanbul and I could only afford one I would have binned off even a Manchester Derby cup final

As real game is not a certainty (I expect us to win tbh) I have got a final ticket as may be the only one of the 2 we are at, looks like I will have to raid the credit card if Wednesday goes as planned. :-)

Let’s make this simple, this is the criteria that should be applied:

1. SC holders in cup scheme using a decreasing number of points
2. SC holders not in cup scheme using a decreasing number of points
3. Members who were members at least a month before the semi final

Branch members would presumably fit into one of the above three categories so why were they firstly allowed to jump the queue and secondly, if we believe everything we read on this thread why are people not falling into one of the three categories above having access to tickets. And we can also include corporate in the above as again they can get in line. Ticket agencies should be nowhere near this game and the club should be ashamed if they are giving these companies tickets.
There is no guarantee supporters club tickets go just to members. We are a household name. We don't need these clubs.

Let’s make this simple, this is the criteria that should be applied:

1. SC holders in cup scheme using a decreasing number of points
2. SC holders not in cup scheme using a decreasing number of points
3. Members who were members at least a month before the semi final

Branch members would presumably fit into one of the above three categories so why were they firstly allowed to jump the queue and secondly, if we believe everything we read on this thread why are people not falling into one of the three categories above having access to tickets. And we can also include corporate in the above as again they can get in line. Ticket agencies should be nowhere near this game and the club should be ashamed if they are giving these companies tickets.
Excellent point, Eds - why should Supporters Clubs be given a very large, priority allocation when most of their members will be regular attenders on high points totals anyway? I'm pretty sure there will be a large number of SC holders like me, who live a long way from Manchester and who choose not to be on the Cup Schemes because of the cost and hassle of getting to Manchester for Cup games, particularly in mid-week. That's my choice, of course, but it doesn't seem right to me that someone who has been a member of a Supporters Club, for maybe only a few months, might have a better chance of securing a Final ticket than I do.

And I don't hold any truck with the argument I have seen on this thread of "that's the way it has always been", because with that attitude, nothing would ever change for the better.

Yeah just checked.

Semi Cup Scheme first window.

Final CS same window as 3500 points so guaranteed a ticket. Sold out just below that. There were only supposed to be bout 7k on it the time, but it was a leg-up.
Fairly sure I was on the CS and I had around 3000 points in 2011. I got a ticket for the semi and missed out on the final because it sold out at around 3200, so whatever leg up there was didn’t apply to me on the points I was on. Was well pissed off.

Edit: Looking at points history I got 100 points for both Notts County and Reading in the cup so I’m not sure there was a cup scheme in 2010/11 or there wouldn’t have been those points incentives to go to the matches.

Last edited:
Fairly sure I was on the CS and I had around 3000 points in 2011. I got a ticket for the semi and missed out on the final because it sold out at around 3200, so whatever leg up there was didn’t apply to me on the points I was on. Was well pissed off.

Oh here chief:

It was different to the semi as you said, but there was a safety net for CS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.