FA Cup Final | Ticket Criteria

It's probably been said before but it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that a season ticket holder with a couple of thousand points who is on the scheme can get a ticket before an ST holder with 25,000 points who isn't on the scheme.
Join the scheme?

It's probably been said before but it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that a season ticket holder with a couple of thousand points who is on the scheme can get a ticket before an ST holder with 25,000 points who isn't on the scheme.
There's no way you'd have 25,000 points without being on the Cup schemes or going to loads of cup games.

Excellent point, Eds - why should Supporters Clubs be given a very large, priority allocation when most of their members will be regular attenders on high points totals anyway? I'm pretty sure there will be a large number of SC holders like me, who live a long way from Manchester and who choose not to be on the Cup Schemes because of the cost and hassle of getting to Manchester for Cup games, particularly in mid-week. That's my choice, of course, but it doesn't seem right to me that someone who has been a member of a Supporters Club, for maybe only a few months, might have a better chance of securing a Final ticket than I do.

And I don't hold any truck with the argument I have seen on this thread of "that's the way it has always been", because with that attitude, nothing would ever change for the better.
Glenn stop talking sense this is Bluemoon mate,you’re the 1st I’ve seen mention one of the many reasons people are not in the cup schemes people live far away for midweek travel, some supporters work shifts, other people have child minding issues, some people can’t make the league games if the fixture is changed from a Sat to midweek

Many of these clubs have been around for years and no doubt ensuring we sold out away ends when the team on the pitch for many years didn’t warrant it. I’m sure they offer other benefits to the club as well that you’re not aware of.

Some tickets may go wayward, but the vast majority of supporters I’d say are season ticket holders on high points who’d get tickets anyway. For some this also offers a way around the closed shop of ticket points, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re any less committed.
I would have thought by now you had enough pay back for the dark years

You sound like a scouser

If they are season ticket holders no reason to give them a ticket then

you can dress it up how you want pal

the only people who think SC should get 6,000 tickets for this game are the SC

Excellent point, Eds - why should Supporters Clubs be given a very large, priority allocation when most of their members will be regular attenders on high points totals anyway? I'm pretty sure there will be a large number of SC holders like me, who live a long way from Manchester and who choose not to be on the Cup Schemes because of the cost and hassle of getting to Manchester for Cup games, particularly in mid-week. That's my choice, of course, but it doesn't seem right to me that someone who has been a member of a Supporters Club, for maybe only a few months, might have a better chance of securing a Final ticket than I do.

And I don't hold any truck with the argument I have seen on this thread of "that's the way it has always been", because with that attitude, nothing would ever change for the better.
Spot on blue

You sound like a scouser

Cracking post mate. Spot on. It’s a back door route for non- season ticket holders and they arguing a known fact!

Always been the same with the Supporters clubs and I’ve seen it first hand in more than one club I’ve been on coaches going to cup finals with people on it who aren’t even members who haven’t been to watch city for years who fancied a day out.
The supporters clubs will apply for as many tickets as they need and will prioritise it however they want. If City have given them 6000 tickets then I guarantee there will be people there who never go. That’s how it is I don’t blame the SCs either I blame the club.

You sound like a scouser

The members of the OSC are blues when the club eventually erode the legacy allocation to them,who do you think will get their allocation those who only fancy the finals or popular games or corporate who’ll pay more for a jolly I was there day out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.