FA CUP Ticket information

Status
Not open for further replies.
paulchapo said:
The loyalty card would be on condition you still attended games of course and would be non transferable and die with the owner.Those days,with no real hope on the horizon that we would ever be where we are today nailed people's colours and loyalty to the mast.A controversial point of view but i believe it would have been fair,though it was never done.
An awful lot of people who were "loyal" then are the same ones that are "loyal" now, and the loyalty points recognises this, as it took into account the number of years you'd been a season ticket holder when it started. I know several people who have enough points to be offered the superbia, and they were all home and away regulars in division 2. I also know a few who were home and away regulars then, but have dropped away since, and while they also want tickets, they accept they have less chance of getting one, so are looking at other sources to secure one. I'm pretty sure that anyone who wants a ticket badly enough will get one if they are resourceful enough.

Scanned few pages on here.. We have a problem.. I know some on here are anti kids tickets etc.. Myself, bro -in law , 2 nephews and my son all sit together have for a few years.. Myself a d bro - in law fine with plenty of points in the bag.. All 5 of us cup scheme, for semi you could pull two kids through on a adult on there day of purchase.. This time can only drag ONE child ticket through.. The maths don't work for us..

cleavers said:
paulchapo said:
The loyalty card would be on condition you still attended games of course and would be non transferable and die with the owner.Those days,with no real hope on the horizon that we would ever be where we are today nailed people's colours and loyalty to the mast.A controversial point of view but i believe it would have been fair,though it was never done.
An awful lot of people who were "loyal" then are the same ones that are "loyal" now, and the loyalty points recognises this, as it took into account the number of years you'd been a season ticket holder when it started. I know several people who have enough points to be offered the superbia, and they were all home and away regulars in division 2. I also know a few who were home and away regulars then, but have dropped away since, and while they also want tickets, they accept they have less chance of getting one, so are looking at other sources to secure one. I'm pretty sure that anyone who wants a ticket badly enough will get one if they are resourceful enough.

Interesting i didn't know this.So prior to our move to COMMS if you had a season ticket you got a load of points carried over?

I had one for years but towards the end i was living in Kent,I had joined the London supporters club for cheaper group travel but the amount of games i was missing through work just didn't make it financially viable so i let it go.I regretted it and tried to renew it but it was too late,they had all gone.When we moved to Comms with the higher capacity i started again.

cleavers said:
This is true only up to a point. My Dad was a season ticket holder for twenty years. He gave it up in 96. He received ZERO credit for those twenty years as a home and awayer. In fact, so far as I know, you only received credit if, in the year we switched over to the electronic system you were a season ticket holder that season and up to five years hence. So, as far as I understand it, if you were a season holder up until the year before the electronic system was brought in, you still received no credit, simply because you gave it up that year. Now, I cannot be certain of that and if anyone who gave up their season ticket between 96 and 2001 could correct me on that, I'd accept it with little argument. However, I know absolutely, that before 96 you got no credit at all, no matter how long you'd been a season ticket holder. I now, through cup schemes, and attending a few more odd matches, have 1,500 points more than my Dad. He's been a season ticket holder for twenty years more of his life than me. He's been to sixty away grounds with City, I'm not even close to a half of that. Let's not try and pretend the loyalty points system is a good barometer of lifelong loyalty. It's a good-ish barometer of recent loyalty.

Skashion said:
This is true only up to a point. My Dad was a season ticket holder for twenty years. He gave it up in 96. He received ZERO credit for those twenty years as a home and awayer. In fact, so far as I know, you only received credit if, in the year we switched over to the electronic system you were a season ticket holder that season and up to five years hence. So, as far as I understand it, if you were a season holder up until the year before the electronic system was brought in, you still received no credit, simply because you gave it up that year.
I think that's correct, but as far as I remember there wasn't any tracking system then, other than you either were, or you weren't a season ticket holder, times have changed considerably at all clubs since the late 90's, so there isn't much the club can do about times before they had the tracking system.

By and large the loyalty point system works, its easy to knock it, and suggest tweaks to it.

Skashion said:
cleavers said:
This is true only up to a point. My Dad was a season ticket holder for twenty years. He gave it up in 96. He received ZERO credit for those twenty years as a home and awayer. In fact, so far as I know, you only received credit if, in the year we switched over to the electronic system you were a season ticket holder that season and up to five years hence. So, as far as I understand it, if you were a season holder up until the year before the electronic system was brought in, you still received no credit, simply because you gave it up that year. Now, I cannot be certain of that and if anyone who gave up their season ticket between 96 and 2001 could correct me on that, I'd accept it with little argument. However, I know absolutely, that before 96 you got no credit at all, no matter how long you'd been a season ticket holder. I now, through cup schemes, and attending a few more odd matches, have 1,500 points more than my Dad. He's been a season ticket holder for twenty years more of his life than me. He's been to sixty away grounds with City, I'm not even close to a half of that. Let's not try and pretend the loyalty points system is a good barometer of lifelong loyalty. It's a good-ish barometer of recent loyalty.
It has got its unfairnesses but to describe 17-19 years as 'recent' is a bit strong. 1996 is a long way back in technology. My guess is that they would have had a willingness to grant points to those who could show they were antique ST holders but at the time no-one really cared and getting tickets for matches wasn't difficult.

I am not sure what year it came in but i certainly remember being able to book tickets on my c/c over the phone at Maine Road and either have them posted or pick them up at the ground on the day of the game,so there WAS a means to track attendances before our move.I actually still have loads of old stubs in a drawer somewhere from our 2nd division days,as you needed them for big games and i still have them,i am sad like that,lol!

I appreciate they have to sort some form of system in place today,but i will always look back at the lowest point in our history and think they missed a chance to reward real loyalty.

geoffchall said:
Skashion said:
cleavers said:
It has got its unfairnesses but to describe 17-19 years as 'recent' is a bit strong. 1996 is a long way back in technology. My guess is that they would have had a willingness to grant points to those who could show they were antique ST holders but at the time no-one really cared and getting tickets for matches wasn't difficult.
wasn't difficult?....... wasn't difficult?

you clearly weren't queuing up outside the the main stand ever other Saturday at 6 in the morning freezing your bollocks off with a few away ticket stubs in your hands

geoffchall said:
19 years? Is it 2015 already? I'm talking potentially all the way up to 2001/2, which I think you'll find is 11 years ago. The electronic system was brought in 2002/3 season I think I'm right in saying. If you gave up your season ticket in 2001/2, even if you had been a season ticket holder for decades, you got no credit as far as I'm aware. Which really isn't that long ago in the context of people who've been going since the sixties or even earlier, and that is still a fair old chunk of our fanbase. I hate using anecdotal evidence, as it's not evidence, but I've got nothing else to go with. A lot of my Dad's match-going friends gave up around the same time as they all had young families, but they are back now their kids are a bit older, but missing loyalty points from decades of devotion and will be scrambling around for tickets for the final. OK, there's no alternative, there was no tracking system back then for understandable technological and administrative reason. They got the bad luck of the draw. I'm not contesting any of this. What I'm contesting is the idea that the loyalty points system is a good indicator of lifelong loyalty before 96 up to and including the 01/02 season. It's not. Some got lucky (unless they've been a continuous season ticket holder all throughout their lives) and were season ticket holders at the right time, and some were unlucky. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not in the Cup scheme and have 4,500 loyalty points. Although I went to the Chelsea and United semis, I have no chance of a Cup Final ticket. I had enough points for the Stoke final, but upon arriving at the ticket office I was told 'sold out'. Platinum isn't as useful as it's made out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.