FA CUP Ticket information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gingers Dad said:
Dont see how else the club can determine who's eligible for a cup ticket. Perhaps by number of posts on Bluemoon or the amount of times you've clicked on the OS?
You're living in the past old man. It's by how many likes on Facebook and use of club hashtags, mentions and City-related tweets and retweets on Twitter.

citybluesmith said:
comeonfeedthegoat said:
west didsblue said:
Home FA Cup games this season have cost me £15, £17.50 and £20; a total of £52.50. If you are unlikely to have a spare £20 in your account at any one time I would suggest that a £500 season ticket is an extravagance you can't afford in the first place.

Or if you look at it another way, if you are struggling for £20, how can you afford a £65 cup final ticket plus another £100 travel and spends.

Very valid point. But to balance the argument, I'm going to spurs in a few hours, already booked for Swansea and reading, been to every cup game this year but I'm not in the cup scheme... And I have to wait for a cup final ticket because I didn't sign into the cup scheme and some lucky blue who has maybe been to 5,6 games this season gets one weeks before me? My personal opinion is any of the schemes should never have been started. Pure money making
Fully agree. As I have said before its nothing about loyalty , it's about who spends the most cash
And you are wrong now like you were wrong before
You are buying tickets to WATCH Manchester City, if you don't want to do that then fine, just don't expect to get a ticket to watch them in the big games too<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:43 am --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
Gingers Dad said:
Dont see how else the club can determine who's eligible for a cup ticket. Perhaps by number of posts on Bluemoon or the amount of times you've clicked on the OS?
You're living in the past old man. It's by how many likes on Facebook and use of club hashtags, mentions and City-related tweets and retweets on Twitter.
I would use a reversal of this system

squirtyflower said:
I would use a reversal of this system
index.php

alib said:
moomba said:
west didsblue said:
Home FA Cup games this season have cost me £15, £17.50 and £20; a total of £52.50. If you are unlikely to have a spare £20 in your account at any one time I would suggest that a £500 season ticket is an extravagance you can't afford in the first place.

Or if you look at it another way, if you are struggling for £20, how can you afford a £65 cup final ticket plus another £100 travel and spends.

As I've said a few times I had just finished a contract, and hadn't picked up another. At the time I had to sign up I had money for a ST but didn't know if I would have money at various stages of the season the club would ask for it.

I have since picked up a couple of new contracts. And indeed spent some of my money on cup games through the year. But it just wasn't possible to commit to that at the time.

The how can you afford a ST or a final ticket if you can't afford to join the cup scheme has been used a couple of times now. Its just ignorant to the realities of some peoples lives.

If I was in the same boat this May I would make the same decision. Only this time I suspect my 11 years as a season ticket holder who has been to plenty of cup and away games would not get me a ticket if we made another final. I guess that makes me not loyal enough.

I thought you could join the FA Cup scheme right up to December and didn't have to decide in June when renewing season cards?

You could join up to August I think.

3 of us make a 300 mile round trip to all home League games, and a selected few aways, we are all on the FA Cup scheme (only) and with 4500, 5500 and 6500 points respectively are looking forward to buying our Final tickets next week. We plan holidays (from work) to coincide with our midweek league games, but because of distance, cost, work problems, families etc, we have never bothered with "early round" cup ties until recently.

2 years ago, our first FA Cup tie was Reading, we had no problems with tickets for the United Semi, but the lad with the fewest points missed out on a Stoke Final ticket and had to source one elsewhere. City, faced with very low attendances for the early rounds had instigated Cup schemes and priority ticketing accordingly. Up until then, we had been part of the problem, but on the basis that the Fa Cup was weekend based (replays apart) we joined the FA Cup scheme, and have not missed a tie since then, we have benefited from guaranteed tickets, at good prices, and rightly get priority for Final / Semi tickets. Consequently, both the club and ourselves have gained, and we are now part of the solution, rather than the problem.

We did not join either the League Cup scheme, or Champions League scheme, for the reasons explained above, but still managed Madrid home and away, and if/when City reach the league Cup Final, we would rightly expect to apply for tickets behind all those in the league Cup Scheme. If we were to make the Champions League Final, our chances of a ticket would (rightly) be slim, but i'm sure we could float into the ground on a wave of euphoria and disbelief.

To summarise, we are very good examples of how the cup schemes work, Our early round attendance intentions have been changed, by the club, to our mutual benefit.

trublue55 said:
We did not join either the League Cup scheme, or Champions League scheme, for the reasons explained above, but still managed Madrid home and away, and if/when City reach the league Cup Final, we would rightly expect to apply for tickets behind all those in the league Cup Scheme. If we were to make the Champions League Final, our chances of a ticket would (rightly) be slim, but i'm sure we could float into the ground on a wave of euphoria and disbelief.
That made me smile

trublue55 said:
3 of us make a 300 mile round trip to all home League games, and a selected few aways, we are all on the FA Cup scheme (only) and with 4500, 5500 and 6500 points respectively are looking forward to buying our Final tickets next week. We plan holidays (from work) to coincide with our midweek league games, but because of distance, cost, work problems, families etc, we have never bothered with "early round" cup ties until recently.

2 years ago, our first FA Cup tie was Reading, we had no problems with tickets for the United Semi, but the lad with the fewest points missed out on a Stoke Final ticket and had to source one elsewhere. City, faced with very low attendances for the early rounds had instigated Cup schemes and priority ticketing accordingly. Up until then, we had been part of the problem, but on the basis that the Fa Cup was weekend based (replays apart) we joined the FA Cup scheme, and have not missed a tie since then, we have benefited from guaranteed tickets, at good prices, and rightly get priority for Final / Semi tickets. Consequently, both the club and ourselves have gained, and we are now part of the solution, rather than the problem.

To summarise, we are very good examples of how the cup schemes work, Our early round attendance intentions have been changed, by the club, to our mutual benefit.
Snap without the travelling. That's why we have been to every FA Cup match this season at good prices until we reached Wembley. Even stoke away was only £20 and £12.50 return on the train. It has been very enjoyable and bought the FA cup back into focus with an atmosphere created by decent crowds.

I didn't join cup scheme because fed up of being pushed into scheme after scheme.I did platinum fora yf but gave up as it's just a money making exercise. I won't get a city ticket but will be going in Wigan end. Where there is a will there is a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.