FA CUP Ticket information

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
squirtyflower said:
moomba said:
There is a potential cost committing to have an undetermined amount of money taken out of your account when you're not sure there will be money in the account when the club chooses to ask for it. Unauthorised overdrafts, returned payment charges etc. You can always opt out of the scheme if it gets to that, but then you're back at the end of the queue again.

The scheme unquestionably favours those with spare cash than those without.
his suggestion was that it costs to join the cup scheme, it doesn't

the extra cash, i get as I've said plenty of times mate, however you do get something in return......watching City win 3-0, 4-0, 5-0

The point I was getting at (and perhaps I shouldn't have quoted you as you weren't making this point) is that a lot of people seem to see membership of the cup scheme as some sort of "no brainer" easy choice for people to make.

I'm just saying that for many blues, it just isn't viable to join the scheme. If you don't have a lot of cash you can't take the risk whether the money will be in your account when it's taken out. It might be that when the game does come around you do have the spare cash and buy a ticket to the game anyway. It might be that you don't have the money and you don't go.

I just feel that these people are pretty much disregarded in the whole setup. And soon I'm pretty sure that if you don't join up to the scheme you won't get a ticket to any big cup game.
Home FA Cup games this season have cost me £15, £17.50 and £20; a total of £52.50. If you are unlikely to have a spare £20 in your account at any one time I would suggest that a £500 season ticket is an extravagance you can't afford in the first place.

Or if you look at it another way, if you are struggling for £20, how can you afford a £65 cup final ticket plus another £100 travel and spends.

west didsblue said:
moomba said:
squirtyflower said:

the extra cash, i get as I've said plenty of times mate, however you do get something in return......watching City win 3-0, 4-0, 5-0

The point I was getting at (and perhaps I shouldn't have quoted you as you weren't making this point) is that a lot of people seem to see membership of the cup scheme as some sort of "no brainer" easy choice for people to make.

I'm just saying that for many blues, it just isn't viable to join the scheme. If you don't have a lot of cash you can't take the risk whether the money will be in your account when it's taken out. It might be that when the game does come around you do have the spare cash and buy a ticket to the game anyway. It might be that you don't have the money and you don't go.

I just feel that these people are pretty much disregarded in the whole setup. And soon I'm pretty sure that if you don't join up to the scheme you won't get a ticket to any big cup game.
Home FA Cup games this season have cost me £15, £17.50 and £20; a total of £52.50. If you are unlikely to have a spare £20 in your account at any one time I would suggest that a £500 season ticket is an extravagance you can't afford in the first place.

Or if you look at it another way, if you are struggling for £20, how can you afford a £65 cup final ticket plus another £100 travel and spends.

Very valid point. But to balance the argument, I'm going to spurs in a few hours, already booked for Swansea and reading, been to every cup game this year but I'm not in the cup scheme... And I have to wait for a cup final ticket because I didn't sign into the cup scheme and some lucky blue who has maybe been to 5,6 games this season gets one weeks before me? My personal opinion is any of the schemes should never have been started. Pure money making

west didsblue said:
moomba said:
squirtyflower said:

As I've said a few times I had just finished a contract, and hadn't picked up another. At the time I had to sign up I had money for a ST but didn't know if I would have money at various stages of the season the club would ask for it.

I have since picked up a couple of new contracts. And indeed spent some of my money on cup games through the year. But it just wasn't possible to commit to that at the time.

The how can you afford a ST or a final ticket if you can't afford to join the cup scheme has been used a couple of times now. Its just ignorant to the realities of some peoples lives.

If I was in the same boat this May I would make the same decision. Only this time I suspect my 11 years as a season ticket holder who has been to plenty of cup and away games would not get me a ticket if we made another final. I guess that makes me not loyal enough.

comeonfeedthegoat said:
west didsblue said:
moomba said:

Very valid point. But to balance the argument, I'm going to spurs in a few hours, already booked for Swansea and reading, been to every cup game this year but I'm not in the cup scheme... And I have to wait for a cup final ticket because I didn't sign into the cup scheme and some lucky blue who has maybe been to 5,6 games this season gets one weeks before me? My personal opinion is any of the schemes should never have been started. Pure money making

Out of interest why didn't you?
From what you say it's not financial from the away games you are going to

the cup scheme has been a resounding success, the stadium is full from the third round, the pricing has been incredibly fair, we have gained new fans from the low prices, and rules about ticket distribution were made totally clear.

if there is any criticism it should be aimed at the fa, who cruely let genuine fans attend all the previous rounds, and then take thousands of tickets and send them to affiliated clubs who have not watched any professional football.

if you are willing to spend the cost of a european trip to buy a ticket you will definately get in, and there is no shortage of touts around wembley.

comeonfeedthegoat said:
No-one who's been to five or six games this season will be in front of you. You have to be a seasoncard holder to be on on the scheme.

Cup schemes are a good idea. They make the administrative burden easier on the club because it's automated and they make easier on you as you don't have to bother with finding another seat unless you have/want to. There's a price cap of £20 before the quarter finals, which is pretty reasonable. I think it's done a good job boosting attendances.

I understand why some people will be pissed off with cup schemes. Some people cannot make midweek games either because of travel or work, and this rules them out of the FA Cup because of the potential for replays and out of all/most League Cup and European games. It's understandable that anyone who'd be unsure whether they'd be able to attend would not want to commit to spending up front.

However, otherwise I think it works. Although, as I've said, I think a staggered system would be fair with cup scheme members buying 3,000 points before they would ordinarily be allowed. I feel sorry for those who've been to all games but weren't on the scheme, but unless there's an easy and fast way for the club to check that, I don't think it's unreasonable that they don't do it.

comeonfeedthegoat said:
west didsblue said:
moomba said:

Fully agree. As I have said before its nothing about loyalty , it's about who spends the most cash

citybluesmith said:
comeonfeedthegoat said:
west didsblue said:

Fully agree. As I have said before its nothing about loyalty , it's about who spends the most cash
Dont see how else the club can determine who's eligible for a cup ticket. Perhaps by number of posts on Bluemoon or the amount of times you've clicked on the OS?

comeonfeedthegoat said:
west didsblue said:
moomba said:

I agree with what you are saying and admire the fans that go to all the aways and Europe. I cannot do all the aways as I pay for three of us, so three season tickets and we are all in the cup schemes, Champions league, League Cup and FA cup and the club in the past have struggled to fill the ground. In years gone by I have sat in half empty stadiums with the third tier closed etc. For a big club like City are viewed now this is not acceptable to our new owners. They have introduced the cup schemes and kept prices sensible to fill the ground and also give the incentive that you stand a better chance of a final ticket. We all knew the rules at the start. My wife, lad and I have only around 4500 points each but have all been to every single home game and cup game since the cup scheme started, although we still missed out on Stoke cup final tickets in 2011 and had to pay silly money for them. Any blues that really want to be at the final will get tickets, one way or another. But I bet next year even more will join the cup schemes because this Wembley lark will be a regular thing from now on and we need full houses at the Etihad for every game for FFP.

moomba said:
west didsblue said:
moomba said:

As I've said a few times I had just finished a contract, and hadn't picked up another. At the time I had to sign up I had money for a ST but didn't know if I would have money at various stages of the season the club would ask for it.

I have since picked up a couple of new contracts. And indeed spent some of my money on cup games through the year. But it just wasn't possible to commit to that at the time.

The how can you afford a ST or a final ticket if you can't afford to join the cup scheme has been used a couple of times now. Its just ignorant to the realities of some peoples lives.

If I was in the same boat this May I would make the same decision. Only this time I suspect my 11 years as a season ticket holder who has been to plenty of cup and away games would not get me a ticket if we made another final. I guess that makes me not loyal enough.

I thought you could join the FA Cup scheme right up to December and didn't have to decide in June when renewing season cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.