Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken from Wigan forum
wigan-latics

Posted 29/4/2013 17:28
#172693 - in reply to #172606
Subject: Re: FA Cup ticket sales from Today

Brenda Spencer

Manchester city have been given blocks 115 to 118. Which is part of the additional allocation we would have received had we sold more of the lower tier.

Probably for the best as it will mean our existing section will probably sell out, and less City fans will be in our end.

It should be a wake up call to the FA though. The upper tier is packed out, fans are reluctant to pay £85 if they don't have to.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21479&posts=33#ixzz2RscXmD1H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/fo ... z2RscXmD1H</a>

Maccblue said:
Taken from Wigan forum
wigan-latics

Brenda Spencer

Manchester city have been given blocks 115 to 118. Which is part of the additional allocation we would have received had we sold more of the lower tier.

Probably for the best as it will mean our existing section will probably sell out, and less City fans will be in our end.

It should be a wake up call to the FA though. The upper tier is packed out, fans are reluctant to pay £85 if they don't have to.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21479&posts=33#ixzz2RscXmD1H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/fo ... z2RscXmD1H</a>

Not sure how they will segregate that, unless wigan havent got the £115 tickets in the lower central blocks ?

bainy said:
Maccblue said:
Taken from Wigan forum
wigan-latics

Brenda Spencer

Not sure how they will segregate that, unless wigan havent got the £115 tickets in the lower central blocks ?
IIRC on the plan that was posted on here Wigan only had one block of £115 tickets and that was on the tunnel side.

Wigan have only taken one of the Cat 1 £115 blocks - 104 I think, which is the opposite side to where our further allocation is.

That's probably another 4,000 tickets which means suddenly 4,000 people who didn't believe they had a chance of getting a ticket will become eligible!

Only problem here of course is that many like myself, who managed to get 4 tickets through my F.A. contacts or have bought tickets in the Wigan End will not need to take up the option of this extra allocation. What then may happen is those who never even contemplated the possibility of going will be needed to ensure the stadium sells out. Unfortunately many, due to the Tortoises in the Strategy Department within the ticket office, will have either spent their money elsewhere or simply can't find travel options!

In short this, just as the Semi-Final did, will go to Blue MTP due to the timing, distance, price of tickets and TV Coverage.

The sooner those fools in the Ticket Office realise that the better, rather than trying to sell £115 and £85 tickets at 4:59pm on Friday 10th May!

MaineRoadBlue said:
That's probably another 4,000 tickets which means suddenly 4,000 people who didn't believe they had a chance of getting a ticket will become eligible!

Only problem here of course is that many like myself, who managed to get 4 tickets through my F.A. contacts or have bought tickets in the Wigan End will not need to take up the option of this extra allocation. What then may happen is those who never even contemplated the possibility of going will be needed to ensure the stadium sells out. Unfortunately many, due to the Tortoises in the Strategy Department within the ticket office, will have either spent their money elsewhere or simply can't find travel options!

In short this, just as the Semi-Final did, will go to Blue MTP due to the timing, distance, price of tickets and TV Coverage.

The sooner those fools in the Ticket Office realise that the better, rather than trying to sell £115 and £85 tickets at 4:59pm on Friday 10th May!
Absolutely no chance this will go to blue members.

MaineRoadBlue said:

Don't hold your breath.

£115 is a pisstake though isn't it. If I was someone in Wigan who doesn't go I wouldn't pay that. Family of four £440 for cup final and with coach/food/drink thrown in £600.

Complete joke.

I reckon there will be 10000 plus empty seats on final day.

Just seen on Wigan ticket section on O/S we've now been given all the way round on level 1 to section 119 (think it was 115 but changed again in last few minutes). Only guessing but that must be another 7 or 8000 extra prime tickets. This of course IMO now means anybody with a Citycard who can afford it, can now get a ticket. Maybe if City sell these they will give us top tier as well?
Ps Still awaiting official confirmation of this though.

Confirmed. It is all way round to 115 as well, got a bit excited and forgot these are cat b tickets

Pegasus said:
Wigan have only taken one of the Cat 1 £115 blocks - 104 I think, which is the opposite side to where our further allocation is.

city selling CAT 1 tiks in blocks 120-124, therefore no segregation problems.
We have defo got that extra 4000 - happy days and common sense!!

Does anyone know if we have sold out of £45 seats as I am hoping to get one tomorrow for a mate as we are all sat up there, I've just acquired a season card off someone who's not going, and one of the lads isn't in the cup scheme.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.