Fabian Delph linked in Mirror (Merged)

Re: midfield option...

bluebean said:
id like us to get delph although its looking a little vague now, i still hope it happens but thought things would have moved along today?

if not what about diarra at real madrid, if they sign alonso is he still going to get a place in the side with all the midfield players they have at there disposal? could it be worth re-visiting?

I see it a little differently. Today I saw Arsenal's future tear the arse out of Rangers, similar to the way I saw Barca's 2nd team which was full of promising youngsters tear the arse out of a near full strength Spuds side during the Wembley Cup tournament.

In today's NOTW they gave a countdown to the big kick-off by outlining all the Premiership teams, their strengths, weaknesses etc, but what stood out to me more than anything was the Prem teams who had a viable Second XI. Those who did were predictably the 'Sky 4' plus Spuds, Villa, Everton, WHU, Sunderland, Fulham and us.

When I looked at Chelsea's it read: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Mancienne, Carvalho, Zhirkov, Obi Mikel, Deco, Sinclair, Joe Cole, Kalou & Sturridge.

When I looked at Liverpool's it read: Cavalieri, Insua, Degen, Dossena, Skrtel, Leiva, Plessis, Babel, Benayoun, Ngog, Voronin.

When I looked at Arsenal's it read: Fabianski, Eboue, Gibbs, Djourou, Senderos, Nasri, Ramsey, Diaby, Denilson, Bendtner, Eduardo. This list didn't even include 17 year-old Jack Wiltshire who was man of the match over both Emirate cup games!

When I looked at Man U's it read: Foster, Rafael, Brown, Evans, O'Shea, Scholes, Anderson, Park, Nani, Owen, Macheda.

When I looked at Man City it read: Taylor (Should be Hart), Zab, TBH, Ned, Garrido, Kompany, Johnson, Petrov, SWP, Santa Cruz, Bellamy.

We're getting there slowly but surely and I believe that any purchases that strengthens the squad and does away with the dregs will do for me. I think that Dunne, TBH, Etuhu, Garrido need to be moved on and we need 5 1st team additions: a RB (not conviced with Zab at the top level), Lescott, a box to box defensive midfielder in the mould of Essien or Yaya Toure, a creative midfielder like Schneider (although reports suggest that Inter are close to completing a deal for him), and a LB to challenge Bridge.

I believe this is where the likes of Rasmus Elm and Fabian Delph come into the equation. They are promising youngsters who we should buy with a view to them putting pressure on our established 1st team stars and playing them alongside our best reseves in League Cup games.

Stephane Sessegnon of PSG was outstanding in todays Emirates cup match against Athletico Madrid and out-performed everyone on show including Aguero!! He was PSG's player of the season last term and the French Football Federation have him down as one of their major stars of the future. Buying players like him, Elm & Delph isn't just spending money, it's investing in our future.

You can always judge a club by the strength and quality of their bench & reserves.

Re: Fabian Delph linked in Mirror

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2567924/Leeds-put-an-8m-price-tag-on-Fabian-Delph.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... R=Football</a>

LEEDS want £8million for Fabian Delph.
Manchester City and Everton have had £4m bids rejected for the midfielder, 19.

Leeds boss Simon Grayson said: "The bids are nowhere near what we want - but that may change."

Biamp said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2567924/Leeds-put-an-8m-price-tag-on-Fabian-Delph.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

Leeds boss Simon Grayson said: "The bids are nowhere near what we want - but that may change."

This was regarding previous bids up to our interest being registered on Friday night.

Ask yourself why City would feel the need to bid the SAME as Everton, and £2m less than they were previously asking, until we came knocking?

Shit stirring from The Sun. Even Hughes admitted Sat night didn't know what stage we were at. They spoke again with Leeds and boy.

City want this done today, but I'll just be happy to get him full stop.

After seeing the interview with Grayson the other day it really does look like he is resigned to loosing Delph but will still hold out for the right price. Maybe a big of £6million with the offer of loaning him back to Leeds for this season?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Biamp said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2567924/Leeds-put-an-8m-price-tag-on-Fabian-Delph.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

This was regarding previous bids up to our interest being registered on Friday night.

Ask yourself why City would feel the need to bid the SAME as Everton, and £2m less than they were previously asking, until we came knocking?

Shit stirring from The Sun. Even Hughes admitted Sat night didn't know what stage we were at. They spoke again with Leeds and boy.

City want this done today, but I'll just be happy to get him full stop.

Why ? he got a great talent !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.