Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a fair enough interpretation mate, although it's all based upon the idea that Delph will be happy to be a bit part player. What if he's deluded himself that he can play regularly and be an integral part of a title challenging side for example?

There is absolutely no way at all that City would allow him to think that he's coming in as a starter and the comments directed in the media back this up.

We aren't stupid, despite what some people on this forum tend to think

I think that he will play more than we think. And hopefully thrive with better players around him. I would not be at all surprised to see him end the season playing fairly regularly, a la Milner.

I do think he's average and the biggest worry I've had about the deal is that he'll want out after a short while. But if he's up for the fight then I obviously hope he proves me wrong and make me look even more stupid than usual.

Welcome to Manchester.

Absolutely bemused with all the criticism of this deal. £8m for a full England international who knows the premier league and some are complaining. Get a fucking grip.

He will get plenty of games. Fernando isnt mobile or good enough while both Milner and Lampard have gone. It's not always about buying the biggest names. Sometimes it's about buying a player that a team needs. And last season we cried out for some pace, energy and mobility in our midfield.

That's a fair enough interpretation mate, although it's all based upon the idea that Delph will be happy to be a bit part player. What if he's deluded himself that he can play regularly and be an integral part of a title challenging side for example?

Richards was talking about the lure of playing CL football for Delph recently. If Delph did come, can any of us see him getting a single minute of CL football?

I also genuinely worry about the harm this move could do to his England chances, and the flak we'd get for it. He's been starting for England recently, if that changes because he's not getting playing time here, then he'll be held up as another example to deter genuinely talented English youngsters from signing for us in future - 'look do you want to be just another quota signing for City?' Etc etc.

It would be genuinely terrible for us to get that reputation. Not to mention for young academy lads who'd be wary of falling into that no-man's land when they're considering putting pen to paper for new contracts.

if he plays well when he does play then he will play more. if he keeps playing well he will play a lot. its up to him and his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.