Fabregas

Plain Speaking said:
hisroyalblueness said:
I suspect that this might be Roberto playing the game.

The game (if you haven't guessed) is upsetting the transfer market by showing an interest in a player that another club wants so as to raise the odds and ergo price . . thus; the player ultimately gets bought by the club that is actually keen to sign but at a greater cost thereby reducing that clubs transfer budget and weakening a club that will be a main rival in future seasons.

That's a part of the football chess played by managers at the top level and I won't be surprised if this is just a bit of that going on.

I'm not going to get sucked into the speculation . . I'll just wait and see who gets signed and not get my knickers in a twist over the many maybe's that'll be plashed all over the media for the next few months.

Fact is that we're a rich club and that means that every player we show an interest in gets an instant price hike . .this inevitably means that we pay over the odds at times but with a bit of media manipulation we can also hike the price that other clubs are forced to pay
...and this means Arsenal get more money for him?

Exactly. Wenger will spend this time or its curtains methinks.

bobmcfc said:
fabregas " city can't buy team spirit"

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1322182/Manchester-City-buy-team-spirit-claims-Cesc-Fabregas.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... regas.html</a>

"fabregas rules out suicidal city move"

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/2694240/Arsenals-Cesc-Fabregas-rules-out-suicidal-Manchester-City-move-Football.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... tball.html</a>

would he simply change is narrow mind now ?

lol, funny because we did buy team spirit, I'd say ours is right up there with the rest, arguably better than Arsenal's. Talking about team spirit here not necessarily 'team cohesion' which is a work in progress.

Anyway yeah, we aren't getting Fabregas.

Plain Speaking said:
hisroyalblueness said:
I suspect that this might be Roberto playing the game.

The game (if you haven't guessed) is upsetting the transfer market by showing an interest in a player that another club wants so as to raise the odds and ergo price . . thus; the player ultimately gets bought by the club that is actually keen to sign but at a greater cost thereby reducing that clubs transfer budget and weakening a club that will be a main rival in future seasons.

That's a part of the football chess played by managers at the top level and I won't be surprised if this is just a bit of that going on.

I'm not going to get sucked into the speculation . . I'll just wait and see who gets signed and not get my knickers in a twist over the many maybe's that'll be plashed all over the media for the next few months.

Fact is that we're a rich club and that means that every player we show an interest in gets an instant price hike . .this inevitably means that we pay over the odds at times but with a bit of media manipulation we can also hike the price that other clubs are forced to pay
...and this means Arsenal get more money for him?
I agree. A bit too diabolical for my taste :) I am just going to assume Mancini didn't say this at all, or at best the context and tone of the statements when made have been grossly distorted.

Agent Silva’s Cesc mission

ROBERTO MANCINI has called on David Silva to help him in his mission to bring Cesc Fabregas to Eastlands.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3577468/Roberto-Mancini-hopes-David-Silva-will-help-him-land-Cesc-Fabregas.html#ixzz1MD6Q1ONq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z1MD6Q1ONq</a>

Agent Silva hehehe

lol the sun is running with this one. Its in the interest of both clubs. City can focus on their real targets while the media focus on this one and Arsenal can get a bidding war if Barca plays their mind games. To things are certain. Cesc will only go to barca and he said he will never hand in a transfer request. The not handing transfer request is the reason Arsenal told them to feck off last year. this year they either make the right bid or dont bother. i still think he will stay another year as I dont think barca needs him yet. But they will make sure this saga continues all summer so by next summer it even strengthen their position as people will be even more fed up with it

gooney said:
lol the sun is running with this one. Its in the interest of both clubs. City can focus on their real targets while the media focus on this one and Arsenal can get a bidding war if Barca plays their mind games. To things are certain. Cesc will only go to barca and he said he will never hand in a transfer request. The not handing transfer request is the reason Arsenal told them to feck off last year. this year they either make the right bid or dont bother. i still think he will stay another year as I dont think barca needs him yet. But they will make sure this saga continues all summer so by next summer it even strengthen their position as people will be even more fed up with it

When's Nasri having his medical....??

FantasyIreland said:
gooney said:

When's Nasri having his medical....??
mid july

gooney said:

Not if we get Iniesta, think the press have got the wrong Barca player we are in for. We are not going to spend huge amounts on a 31 year old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.