Falcao & Cavani - Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syth said:
Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 5m
Falcao agreed to go to Monaco, according to Sky Italy

Kind of glad he won't be joining Chelsea, I just hope we manage to capture Cavani..

I would expect Rooney to go to Chelsea.

Meaning it's a three way between us, Madrid and Paris for Cavani.

Think someone even bigger than Cavani is out there for us.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Syth said:

Kind of glad he won't be joining Chelsea, I just hope we manage to capture Cavani..

Would Madrid go for Cavani if the rumors are true and Falcao will join them after one season with Monaco?
Can't see it tbh.

PSG would surely have to sell Ibra first as well?

I personally thought if Mancini was here we would sign Cavani but now he's probably not I won't be surprised if we don't.
Pellegrini may have been told he has to get the best out of an already very expensive front line but will be given money to bolster the midfield for example. or he may well have said it himself.

Just give me time and X, Y and Z. I will get Tevez, Aguero and Dzeko singing in harmony and firing us to glory.

Project said:
Mourinho has always said the most important time in a match is the turnover of possession. That transition is when teams are out of shape so defences at their most vulnerable. its the one area of our game that suffers badly as we are incredibly slow to make the transition - our first priority appears to be "secure the ball and keep possession", as opposed to taking advantage of the situation and driving forward. It is mostly because we do not have the personnel who naturally like to run forward with the ball. Silva's instinct is to pass. Barry is not a runner. Yaya can run but only a few times a game. Nasri is a baller. Milner can run but lacks the intelligence/end product to make the most of those situations. Look at how refreshing it has been to have Rodwell in recent games pick the ball up in the middle and just run into the space. Or even without the ball - there was a moment against Wigan last week where I think Tevez had it out wide and Rowell drove forward to get into the box. It puts defenders on the back foot and creates space for others.

Its something that a striker doesn't resolve, as the earlier poster stated. But at the same time it doesn't just mean a winger either. We simply need a bit of variation in play - the ability to be direct (not long ball), by getting the ball into the danger zone as quickly as possible in those transition periods. Our MO is to keep the ball, which lets the opposition recover and get into formation. And you aren't going to get the goals the likes of Aguero and Tevez are quite capable of scoring if they have 9 players in front of them.

Bale !

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Syth said:

Ronaldo?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Syth said:

Oh do tell, Tolmie. Pretty please

Blue Haze said:
Crap, worst case scenario coming. Falcao doesn't go to Real or PSG, therefore we now must compete against both for Cavani.

Rooney appears to be on the market and Real and PSG will be sniffing about I'm sure.
Neymar Barca bound, Lewandowski on the market probably to Bayern, means someone gotta leave Bayern.
Gomez likely to be off to pastures new. Think Liverpool will cah in on Suarez and I'm convinced we'll go for a big name. Cavani being the number 1 choice.
Could be interesting summer.

Am I right in thinking today's news won't make a jot of difference regarding transfers?
Obviously Pellegrini will have had access to all our games for weeks.
And do Trixie and Dixie control incomings?
Anyone any thoughts?

Blue Haze said:
Crap, worst case scenario coming. Falcao doesn't go to Real or PSG, therefore we now must compete against both for Cavani.

Real will not go for Cavani for 2 reasons:

1) Falcao seems to be using Monaco as a stop gap to head to Real.
2) Cavani's price is too high and Real have said his price is way too high - only way Real get him is if Cavani pushes the price down on his end (which I doubt he will) or they sell Ronaldo and use those funds.

Think it is between PSG and us... the BIG Question is what players does Pellegrini want... Isco is a no brainer... who else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.