Falcao & Cavani - Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AntonDonJuan said:
ACMilan said:
When your strikeforce consists of Aguero, Tevez and Dzeko.... I'm sorry but you ZERO right to complain about your strikers... That's literally one of, if not THE best strikeforce in football.

Your problem is in your midfield. It's hard to pinpoint who, or how, because on paper your mid is very strong... but on paper doesnt mean shit as we can see.

It's either the system isnt working as well as it should, or the players in the midfield just can't gel.

BUT, if I was running the show in City, Id be dissecting the midfield under an atomic microscope and figuring out what's wrong...

Cuz a strikeforce like that, sure as hell can't be the issue.

Or, if it's a target man you're after... our Pazzini has 15 league goals this season. I'll gladly swap Aguero for him bahahahahahaha
We play pedestrian, slow, tippy tappy football with zero pace, width and urgency. By the time we get anywhere near the box the opposition have fully recovered their shape and can just stand there making it impossible to breakdown. We need width, proper width not just using the fullbacks. Width will drag defenders out of position and leave gaps making it easy to silva and nasri to get into space and do something creative

Well said. Absolutely spot on. Mancini needs to sort this out or bring someone in who can. It was gob smackingly obvious in the game yesterday and others this season...along with the shit finishing.

Mourinho has always said the most important time in a match is the turnover of possession. That transition is when teams are out of shape so defences at their most vulnerable. its the one area of our game that suffers badly as we are incredibly slow to make the transition - our first priority appears to be "secure the ball and keep possession", as opposed to taking advantage of the situation and driving forward. It is mostly because we do not have the personnel who naturally like to run forward with the ball. Silva's instinct is to pass. Barry is not a runner. Yaya can run but only a few times a game. Nasri is a baller. Milner can run but lacks the intelligence/end product to make the most of those situations. Look at how refreshing it has been to have Rodwell in recent games pick the ball up in the middle and just run into the space. Or even without the ball - there was a moment against Wigan last week where I think Tevez had it out wide and Rowell drove forward to get into the box. It puts defenders on the back foot and creates space for others.

Its something that a striker doesn't resolve, as the earlier poster stated. But at the same time it doesn't just mean a winger either. We simply need a bit of variation in play - the ability to be direct (not long ball), by getting the ball into the danger zone as quickly as possible in those transition periods. Our MO is to keep the ball, which lets the opposition recover and get into formation. And you aren't going to get the goals the likes of Aguero and Tevez are quite capable of scoring if they have 9 players in front of them.

Project said:
Mourinho has always said the most important time in a match is the turnover of possession. That transition is when teams are out of shape so defences at their most vulnerable. its the one area of our game that suffers badly as we are incredibly slow to make the transition - our first priority appears to be "secure the ball and keep possession", as opposed to taking advantage of the situation and driving forward. It is mostly because we do not have the personnel who naturally like to run forward with the ball. Silva's instinct is to pass. Barry is not a runner. Yaya can run but only a few times a game. Nasri is a baller. Milner can run but lacks the intelligence/end product to make the most of those situations. Look at how refreshing it has been to have Rodwell in recent games pick the ball up in the middle and just run into the space. Or even without the ball - there was a moment against Wigan last week where I think Tevez had it out wide and Rowell drove forward to get into the box. It puts defenders on the back foot and creates space for others.

Its something that a striker doesn't resolve, as the earlier poster stated. But at the same time it doesn't just mean a winger either. We simply need a bit of variation in play - the ability to be direct (not long ball), by getting the ball into the danger zone as quickly as possible in those transition periods. Our MO is to keep the ball, which lets the opposition recover and get into formation. And you aren't going to get the goals the likes of Aguero and Tevez are quite capable of scoring if they have 9 players in front of them.
Spot on. Project for manager

brand blue heavies said:
AntonDonJuan said:
ACMilan said:
When your strikeforce consists of Aguero, Tevez and Dzeko.... I'm sorry but you ZERO right to complain about your strikers... That's literally one of, if not THE best strikeforce in football.

Your problem is in your midfield. It's hard to pinpoint who, or how, because on paper your mid is very strong... but on paper doesnt mean shit as we can see.

It's either the system isnt working as well as it should, or the players in the midfield just can't gel.

BUT, if I was running the show in City, Id be dissecting the midfield under an atomic microscope and figuring out what's wrong...

Cuz a strikeforce like that, sure as hell can't be the issue.

Or, if it's a target man you're after... our Pazzini has 15 league goals this season. I'll gladly swap Aguero for him bahahahahahaha
We play pedestrian, slow, tippy tappy football with zero pace, width and urgency. By the time we get anywhere near the box the opposition have fully recovered their shape and can just stand there making it impossible to breakdown. We need width, proper width not just using the fullbacks. Width will drag defenders out of position and leave gaps making it easy to silva and nasri to get into space and do something creative

Well said. Absolutely spot on. Mancini needs to sort this out or bring someone in who can. It was gob smackingly obvious in the game yesterday and others this season...along with the shit finishing.
Dead right guys , yesterday and in recent previous matches this was the problem. The back 4 give the midfield the ball and it goes sideways or back . No movement in midfield and all pretty well marked up. Apart from Yaya when he is given the role, there is no direct player and without much width the opposition is comfortable behind the ball.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 5m
Falcao agreed to go to Monaco, according to Sky Italy

Kind of glad he won't be joining Chelsea, I just hope we manage to capture Cavani..

Syth said:
Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 5m
Falcao agreed to go to Monaco, according to Sky Italy

Kind of glad he won't be joining Chelsea, I just hope we manage to capture Cavani..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/colpo-monaco-in-arrivo-falcao-atteso-solo-lannuncio-ufficiale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciom ... ufficiale/</a>

If Pellegrini becomes manager, I wouldn't be surprised if Higuain comes in and we invest more in midfielders. Higuain had his best season for Real under Pellegrini, and we may not have quite so much to splash, especially if we have to settle managerial/coaching contracts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.