Falcao & Cavani - Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect to Monaco, Falcao is surely going for money?

Insane move if true, no CL football again for Falcao.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 1h

Falcao will sign Monaco contract tomorrow in Montecarlo, according to Sky Italy

sam-caddick said:
With all due respect to Monaco, Falcao is surely going for money?

Insane move if true, no CL football again for Falcao.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 1h

Falcao will sign Monaco contract tomorrow in Montecarlo, according to Sky Italy
According to the rumours he is going there in order to go to Madrid afterwards (in an year or maybe less). To me that is kind of a dickish move towards Atletico, but I guess all is fine for them as long as they get the money for him.

I don't buy the "to Real Madrid" clause... some hacks said Aguero had one in his City contract too. Why would a club spend 60 million Euros only to sell him a year later? Monaco have ambitions of their own, they will be up there with PSG in a couple of years.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Syth said:
Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 5m
Falcao agreed to go to Monaco, according to Sky Italy

Kind of glad he won't be joining Chelsea, I just hope we manage to capture Cavani..

I would expect Rooney to go to Chelsea.

Meaning it's a three way between us, Madrid and Paris for Cavani.

Think someone even bigger than Cavani is out there for us.

There are only a very small number of players at a level bigger than Cavani. The names that spring to mind would be Ronaldo, Messi (unavailable), Iniesta. Of the less established stars I would include Bale and Neymar. I don't think Levy will part with Bale. I have included Neymar because of his marketing potential and I think it would make a statement. I would put Falcao at the same level as Cavani.

My thinking is one of Ronaldo, Iniesta or Neymar. I am not the greatest Neymar fan but I think the marketing potential would be immense.

Of course Ronaldo or Iniesta would be unbelievable. Who knows? Lets wait and see.

NEYMAR

The player will join either Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Barca are only able to offer €30m according to reports. These same reports say that Real are now in for him because they are cutting some deadwood in attack pace Higuain.

FALCAO

I suspect Monaco will be a relatively successful project in the next 24 months, irrespective of whoever is in charge. You can rest assured that they will also sign some major talent to add to Falcao. They will plunder the market for the best European players ala PSG and the French Ligue 1 will almost be on a par with Serie A in 2015 with PSG, Lyon, Monaco and Marseille setting a pretty high standard. The player will be there for 2 years tops before he joins Real.

CAVANI

If, as seems very likely, Mancini leaves, our chances of landing the Uruguayan reduce considerably. As has been mentioned on a thread elsewhere, the motivation to sign him was probably Mancini led.

Notwithstanding that he may be looking at the respective merits of us and Chelsea and sees the arrival of Mourinho, the solid midfield of Ramires, Hazard, Mata and Oscar as a powerful attraction when compared with Yaya, Silva, Barry and co. Although I haven't looked at the betting odds, I rather suspect the odds on him joining us have lengthened in the last few days.

Cavani would be a better fit IMO and having Kun on inbehind ideally on his insided left would be brilliant. For me if Falcao is out of form and if Cavani is out of form (ie not scoring goals), Edinson will be much more effective, this lad runs his heart out every game and can go out wide, track back, start counter attacks and add height in both penalty boxes.

...........Cavani.......
......Kun.............Silva That would be awesome.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Syth said:
Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 5m
Falcao agreed to go to Monaco, according to Sky Italy

Kind of glad he won't be joining Chelsea, I just hope we manage to capture Cavani..

I would expect Rooney to go to Chelsea.

Meaning it's a three way between us, Madrid and Paris for Cavani.

Think someone even bigger than Cavani is out there for us.

Aww fuck, it's crouch isn't it ?

Re: Falcao & Cavani - Update Thread

LoveCity said:
I don't buy the "to Real Madrid" clause... some hacks said Aguero had one in his City contract too. Why would a club spend 60 million Euros only to sell him a year later? Monaco have ambitions of their own, they will be up there with PSG in a couple of years.

Agreed, never mind the fact no club is going to do another European rival a €60m favour, just what would happen if during that 12 months the player breaks an ankle or tears a ligament at the back end of the season. What if there were managerial or board room changes at Real that didn't see them wanting the said player. There are so many variables that just make these suggestions absolutely ridiculous and that's without even getting into the legal complexities of having a currently unattached 3rd party involved in. A contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.