Falcao & Cavani - Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see him staying with Atletico than joining Monaco. Atletico will be in the CL next season so I doubt he will want to miss out on that. He will leave only for a few clubs in my opinion and Monaco are not one of them.

From the Bild in Germany (same guys who broke Goetze story before anyone)

Real Madrid President Florentino Perez, had held a 10-minute meeting with Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski when the German side visited the Bernabau for the second leg of the Champions League semi-final last week.

If this is true and it was an approach from Real, which is very plausible since Lewan will not command an insane fee on him like Falcao and Cavani, then it changes the playing field completely!!

Dortmund would probably prefer him to join Real instead of Bayern. Where tha fack would Cavani and Falcao go then!!??

SuperSilva said:
From the Bild in Germany (same guys who broke Goetze story before anyone)

Real Madrid President Florentino Perez, had held a 10-minute meeting with Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski when the German side visited the Bernabau for the second leg of the Champions League semi-final last week.

If this is true and it was an approach from Real, which is very plausible since Lewan will not command an insane fee on him like Falcao and Cavani, then it changes the playing field completely!!

Dortmund would probably prefer him to join Real instead of Bayern. Where tha fack would Cavani and Falcao go then!!??
that might make getting one of Falcao/Cavani easier to get :D

Re: Falcao & Cavani - Update Thread

Madrid are going to need someone to replace higuain once he moves to juve. After reading Duncan castles latest article on mourinho I'm not so sure he's off to Chelsea either. But back to falcao I'm curious as to whether Monaco activated his release clause today or they activated and have already agreed to terms as the two are very different things

Did some research on the whole Falcao story.

Apparently, Rybolovlev (who is in top 100 of the world's richest men, a Monte Carlo resident, a personal friend of the entire Monegasque royal family and obviously the current owner of Monaco) is eager to go for CL qualification right away - next season. His initial plan was to ask for a Europa League place next season from Ranieri, but the money on offer alerted quite a few of the most influential agents and intermediaries in the football world and he is indeed planning to spend a fortune on transfers this summer.

Rumors in the Russian media (translated from the French news outlets) is that he is also after Tevez, Nasri and Rami among others. Other names - Aubameyang (a very interesting St. Etienne striker who is competing with Ibra and Thiago Silva for the French Player of the Year award) and Romain Alessandrini - a hugely promising Rennes playmaker (some say he might turn out to be better than Ribery). He is also apparently considering bringing in a big-name manager if Ranieri fails to convince him of his plans for next season, but since Mourinho is all but confirmed for Chelsea and Mancio is no longer on the market, names such as Pellegrini and Bielsa have been mentioned.

As for Falcao - this story did not break thru some tabloid, I am fairly certain that negotiations are in full swing and salary (let alone individual and team bonuses and signing on fee) would turn any player's head. It would be an awesome deal for Atletico, since Monaco right now would arguably offer the best package for his services.

Stay tuned. A hugely interesting summer awaits.

And for that lawsuit that could theoretically wipe away Monaco's insane tax advantage over the rest of the Ligue 1 (bar PSG), it says here that he hired some top-notch lawyers to make sure that the whole thing stays just that - a story.

Could be interesting this. Eagerly awaiting for "Another dodgy Russian mobster ruins football" articles. Somehow have a feeling that Monaco fans are well cuffed though)))

With Falcao looking increasingly out of our grasp, I hope we ramp up our efforts to sign Cavani.

Sadly, our competition to sign the Uruguayan probably runs to 4 or more clubs. The latest from the Italian press is linked below.

Juve seem keen to meet Conte's demand of providing two additional forwards to Llorente. They are now definitely keen on Higuain or Cavani to partner Llorente and particularly Stevan Jovetic to partner Vidal and Marchisio in midfield.

Meanwhile do not discount the Milan teams who must do some serious spending to improve their squad strength.

<a class="postlink" href="http://football-italia.net/todayspapers/34029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://football-italia.net/todayspapers/34029</a>

maybe it's getting close to the transfer window but I'm beginning to worry about us getting either of Falcao or Cavani now with reports that other clubs are willing to meet the release clause etc.

ecviper said:
maybe it's getting close to the transfer window but I'm beginning to worry about us getting either of Falcao or Cavani now with reports that other clubs are willing to meet the release clause etc.

me too!

I just hope Txiki and Ferran are on it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.