Fans leaving early.

Damocles said:
People will always struggle with the idea that some people who go to the game aren't as interested in this type of thing as they are.
People will always struggle with the idea that some people who go to the game are more interested in this type of thing than they are.

Anyway, while the dust settles on this thread, I'm thinking of leaving Wembley at about 3.20 Sunday to beat the rush into London and the melee trying to get a train back to Manchester.

I've got work the next day so does everyone think this will leave me enough time or should I leave earlier?

Sigh said:
Damocles said:
People will always struggle with the idea that some people who go to the game aren't as interested in this type of thing as they are.
People will always struggle with the idea that some people who go to the game are more interested in this type of thing than they are.

People who are less interested don't tend to go on the internet saying that those that a more interested are in the wrong.

moomba said:
Sigh said:
Damocles said:

People who are less interested don't tend to go on the internet saying that those that a more interested are in the wrong.

People who a more interested are less interested than the more interested people that go on the internet and are less interested ...... er end of thread - until the next 80 minutes of football.

Weirdly I would expect that it is the season ticket holders who would leave early. I don't go often but when I do I stay to the final whistle and clap the team off, whether we win or lose. This season especially, I would imagine the season ticket holders would get annoyed and leave early. They've paid their money already, and if things aren't exciting enough for them (if we've not scored 3 or more), then I understand them doing one.

Doesn't bother me, shouldn't bother me, don't see why it bothers anyone else...

TangerineSteve17 said:
Weirdly I would expect that it is the season ticket holders who would leave early. I don't go often but when I do I stay to the final whistle and clap the team off, whether we win or lose. This season especially, I would imagine the season ticket holders would get annoyed and leave early. They've paid their money already, and if things aren't exciting enough for them (if we've not scored 3 or more), then I understand them doing one.

So are you saying that if you were a season ticket holder and we were only 1 up with a few minutes to go, you'd up sticks and head home?

A game is 90+ minutes long, surely Gillingham and QPR made the early darters sit up and realise that anything can happen in the last few minutes. Or have we become that arrogant that we think being 1-0 up at home to Stoke in the 90th minute means game over?

chris85mcfc said:
TangerineSteve17 said:

So are you saying that if you were a season ticket holder and we were only 1 up with a few minutes to go, you'd up sticks and head home?

A game is 90+ minutes long, surely Gillingham and QPR made the early darters sit up and realise that anything can happen in the last few minutes. Or have we become that arrogant that we think being 1-0 up at home to Stoke in the 90th minute means game over?

Oh dear !!!! Some people are suffering from narrow mindedness,if for one moment they think this could be reason for those missing thousands at 85 minutes onwards.There`s more to life than watching 90+ minutes of footie young man.As you get older and wiser you`ll understand.

chris85mcfc said:
TangerineSteve17 said:

If we are winning 1-0 with 5 mins to go, then sometimes i will leave. Why. because it can only go downhill from then onwards. If the other team get one back then i don`t want to be in the ground, listening to the whining twats that sit near me. If it is an away game and i am not there , so have to watch it on the tele, then i have to walk round the house, go for a piss or put the kettle on to kill the last few minutes. If we are losing then i will be there at the end praying for an equaliser.

oakiecokie said:
chris85mcfc said:
TangerineSteve17 said:

Oh dear !!!! Some people are suffering from narrow mindedness,if for one moment they think this could be reason for those missing thousands at 85 minutes onwards.There`s more to life than watching 90+ minutes of footie young man.As you get older and wiser you`ll understand.

Could you give an idea as to what it could be then, without being patronising if possible? I would imagine if you were to have a pop at anyone it would be the guy i replied to who suggested that these people are leaving because 'things aren't exciting for them?'

Like ive said in previous posts on this subject, i totally understand that those that have difficulty in crowds ie disabled/immobile leave early as that makes total sense. But I can't think of any genuine reason why anyone would need to leave a few minutes early? If its to get out the car park then park somewhere else and walk an extra 5 minutes....

I'll await your reply where you'll no doubt tell me that people have other things to do. If that's the case then why commit to a season ticket that is going to see you tied down for 19+ weeks in a 9 month season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.