Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Do all the players come and applaud the fans at away games? Do they fuck. Most of the time at home games they wave to their boxes and fuck off down the tunnel. Pep fucks off straight down the tunnel. They applaud the fans one game and all of a sudden they're heroes and we're cunts? I don't think so.
They do applaud the away fans.

Left the stadium half way through injury time, jogged down to the station for a 5.30 train ,which it turned out had been cancelled. I think I had more reason to be angry than a a few footballers for people not staying behind and giving them a clap.

Its such a tricky subject. And there will be multiple reasons why people leave early.

Here's one. We have end seats. The last few minutes of many games are spent letting people out. Our viewing of the game is disrupted completely. When we wait until the final whistle to applaud the team, we are stood in our seats with a queue standing directly in front of us. We cant see a bloody thing and are wedged in where we stand. Solution. Leave our seats a couple of minutes early and avoid the worst.

If it was a rule that everyone stayed in their seats until the last player had left the pitch then I would happily comply.
If staying means some 20 stone lad is breathing beer fumes into my wife's face from 6 inches then we will try and avoid that.

In terms of driving away from the Etihad, then leaving a couple of minutes early doesn't make a damn inch of difference. Leaving ten minutes early does. (not that I do that but I understand why folk do if they need a quick getaway).

Not easy to resolve this albeit in games like AV, it doesn't happen.

Very, very strange how fans observe other fans behaviour these days (even fans supporting the same team). Any little thing is pulled up on.
I don't understand the dick waving arms race thats developing.
It seems the media have successfully infiltrated the ego's of football fan 'ultras', who are now only content with a fan version of North Korea being put in place. Fan shaming - now there's a weird development.
When fans leave, how they react to the game, how they react to players, how they understand tactics, etc, really isn't up for discussion. They pay their money and they make their choice.
Football is, ultimately, an entertainment industry, and fans add to the entertainment.
And it’s the only ‘entertainment industry’ that has people leave 15 minutes before the end. If people don’t want to see it why bother going at all? If these people didn’t buy the tickets perhaps the reduced demand would see prices go down?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.