Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I personally don't like the idea of missing anything or physically turning my back on the players, so I'll always stay to clap the lads off after Wonderwall. But I don't live far from town, can get to the ground easily and cheaply, probably attend no more than 12 games a season and haven't always been able to commit to attending regularly, so drinking everything in and letting a match take over the day suits me. At the same time, I reckon the overwhelming majority of early leavers are going to be those who attend the most matches. And if you're given that much of your life, your time and your money to City, the way you make it work might mean popping in a bit later or leaving a bit early. Everyone makes it work in their own way, and from the look on Erl's face I don't think he was holding the early darts against us!

I personally don't like the idea of missing anything or physically turning my back on the players, so I'll always stay to clap the lads off after Wonderwall. But I don't live far from town, can get to the ground easily and cheaply, probably attend no more than 12 games a season and haven't always been able to commit to attending regularly, so drinking everything in and letting a match take over the day suits me. At the same time, I reckon the overwhelming majority of early leavers are going to be those who attend the most matches. And if you're given that much of your life, your time and your money to City, the way you make it work might mean popping in a bit later or leaving a bit early. Everyone makes it work in their own way, and from the look on Erl's face I don't think he was holding the early darts against us!
Good post but thats even more reason to stay and clap the players after making a comeback like that. It boggles my mind they would want to leave early. Bar the odd game this behavior is now out of habit. No other club has this problem to the extent we do. Always keep in mind, these wonderful times won't last forever. The 90's era could be just around the corner.

Last edited:
City can solve the half time issue though by making the serving of food and alcohol more efficient. It's always the same story, no beers ready to go and the people serving not able to take the next order whilst they are blocked on food. If people don't leave early at half time then there is a good chance they don't make the start of the second half. Those that do wait until the half time whistle typically miss the start of the second half, so you can't win. I've heard this feedback all over the ground and this feels well within the clubs control to sort out.

As for the full time issue, I'm not going to judge. For me personally if I drive up then it makes no difference unless I leave 10 mins before the end which personally I don't do. But when I get the train I often have to leave on the whistle to get back down south or I have to wait another hour for the next train with my young kids. The trains are also getting worse which is not helping.
I no longer bother with half-time pints ever though I'm always sat near the concourse, there'll never be time enough imo. I prefer to get there early, have a few before the game and then save half-time for a leak. I think the kids serving generally do a good job apart from when they are brand new, but that's to be expected. Main issue with the food and alcohol for me is the pricing. Pies were £5.50 on Saturday which is lunacy. Nice to see decent glasses and Asahi though.

Good post but thats even more reason to stay and clap the players after making a comeback like that. It boggles my mind they would want to leave early. Bar the odd game this behavior is now out of habit. No other club has this problem to the extent we do. Always keep in mind, these wonderful times won't last forever. The 90's could be just around the corner.
How many missed 93:20? The thought makes me shudder!

I accept that everybody has the right to leave when they want and has more important things than City.

But the Etihad is a long way from being the hardest stadium to get away from. Its a 25 minute walk to Piccadilly station.

Do people not realise how shit it looks to everybody. My toes were curling at the end of the two home games this season.

Love to know what Haaland thinks when he scores an 18 minute hat trick to seal an amazing comeback win and there is nobody left at the end to applaud the team off. I would imagine he wonders wtf is going on, which is pretty much what the rest of the country think when they see the stadium empty on 88 mins whilst we are champions and top of the league.

He is used to 80,000 staying back in Dortmund where there is a tradition of fans and team applauding each other. We are the polar opposite.
it may well be a 25 minute walk to Piccadilly station but its another 25 minute walk back to get the car.

As a non manc fan I leave home about 8 in the morning and get home about
10 at night. An extra half hour sat in traffic for me makes little difference in the overall scheme of things.
Opposite for me. Makes a huge difference. The Bournemouth game so many left early when I left bang on the whistle it was a nightmare getting out of the car park and I got back at 950. Leaving bang on the whistle v Palace and getting out of the car park ASAP and I was home at 845. I never leave early but leaving as soon as it finishes and rushing to the car park can genuinely save up to an hour as I often miss all the traffic from the orange car park

You’ll get all the usual suspects berating you mate. Miserable old curmudgeons whose only pleasure in life is being grumpy. Half the ones on here who criticise people for leaving early don’t even go to the games ! Ycnmiu
I just find it unbelievable how other fans pass judgment and complain about something that’s absolutely none of their business and they think people give a shit about their opinion, on being some kind of super fan. I think they’re control freaks or frustrated at not being listened to in life generally, quite amusing really.

Plus they care about how we look to supporters of other clubs, like I give a shit about what they think either, too funny.

I just find it unbelievable how other fans pass judgment and complain about something that’s absolutely none of their business and they think people give a shit about their opinion, on being some kind of super fan. I think they’re control freaks or frustrated at not being listened to in life generally, quite amusing really.

Plus they care about how we look to supporters of other clubs, like I give a shit about what they think either, too funny.
If you want to meet control freaks on this site mate pop over to the politics sub thread. They get very abusive if you don’t happen to agree with their blinkered opinion and I swear come the Revolution they would be very happy to join the firing squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.