Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I just find it unbelievable how other fans pass judgment and complain about something that’s absolutely none of their business and they think people give a shit about their opinion, on being some kind of super fan. I think they’re control freaks or frustrated at not being listened to in life generally, quite amusing really.

Plus they care about how we look to supporters of other clubs, like I give a shit about what they think either, too funny.
Not so sure the opinions posted are just about people making snap judgements (you could also argue that making the point that some of the posters on this thread are people who don’t attend matches is also judge-mental)! It’s an observation that the ground emptied quickly on Saturday and did so when the players were still on the pitch.

I like to stay until the players walk down the tunnel, I don’t think it makes me a superfan (whatever that is), but I’m in no rush. I know that doesn’t apply to everyone.

When my dad took me to Maine Road we always had to leave early, that included a jog to the car. I now realize he was a man who liked to be efficient, punctual and in control. He hated the idea of a queue as a waste of time. I will therefore now stay till the players turn their backs. It doesn’t make me a better supporter than him. He loved the club, same as me.

I also don’t give a toss what other supporters or the media think about the club, but I do care what the players think about the supporters. It isn’t passive entertainment, we feed off the team and they feed off us. When we whistled the palace keeper on Saturday it had an impact on the players - they rightly started to moan to the ref and I like to think it increased the urgency.

So for me it’s about those that can showing some appreciation and developing the connection with the players by recognizing their effort at the end of the match - I think Haaland gets the importance of that. (Problem is it seems to take longer these days due to the chats players and coaches have on the pitch).

So, I know some will have to leave early, some will have to leave bang on the whistle & it’s their decision with no explanation needed - we are all Blues - and the irony is it’d be an utter mess if we all left at the same time.

But, I still reckon there were more of us who could’ve stayed to see the players off on Saturday than the 8k or so (just my random guess). Perhaps people didn’t expect it - the clap & longer walk around by the team took me by surprise. No negative, bitchy judgement, just my opinion based on observation of the number of people in the club shop and city square after the game.

Final couple of points: if and when the law is changed so football supporters are treated like mature adults and are allowed to drink alcohol in their seats as supporters at cricket and rugby matches are allowed to, then that should keep more in their seats and make HT less frenzied - the city staff do a good job in the circumstances. Some have said it’s up to the club to sort ease of exit away from that part of Manchester- City can’t control or dictate transport infrastructure and policy - it is a mess on a national level and probably why more drive and therefore more have to leave early (not a dig at local infrastructure which is as good as it could be under great constraints). Finally, Kyle Walker needs some love on Wednesday!

I’ve said it before, it’s none of your business. No need to swear and get so angry it’s my life, my choice, my money and my early exit. Your opinion doesn’t matter.
Agreed. It's amazing how some fans think they have the moral high ground to tell other fans what they can and can't do. Like you, it's my choice. I might stay till the end but then again I might not - depends how I feel and what's going on in my life that day. I really don't give a shit what other people think or say.

I just find it unbelievable how other fans pass judgment and complain about something that’s absolutely none of their business and they think people give a shit about their opinion, on being some kind of super fan. I think they’re control freaks or frustrated at not being listened to in life generally, quite amusing really.

Plus they care about how we look to supporters of other clubs, like I give a shit about what they think either, too funny.
You're absolutely right, it's your opinion, your choice not to stay and applaud the team off after a tremendous comeback. Each to their own I say and who gives a monkey what Pep and Haaland thinks of the fans.

Been going since 77. The only time i have left before the end was when my mate was driving. Fucking hated it. We used to stand at the top of the kippax at the exit. Sometimes i would let him go and then follow a minute later and catch him up. That all stopped when i got my first car.

I came on public transport yesterday. 'Kinell. Left at 11.10 got back 18:40. Ninety minutes for the game including the fuckin' time their goalie pissed up the south stand and family stand, and as the Good Sheik's private jet flies it's only eleven miles. I'm back in the car on Wednesday. I can fully understand people not wanting to get involved with public transport or try and get off the car park at full time.
Bus every hour to mine from The Etihad ......not waiting a fucking hour for a bus.

I always stay until the final whistle but I have learned, to my cost, that if I hang around for 5 minutes after the game, it will take at least an hour to get out of the car park and then the roads around the ground are packed. If I leave right at the end of the game and walk briskly I can get out of the car park relatively quickly and get ahead of the worst of the traffic. It make a huge difference to my journey time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.