Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
In Cricket your not permitted at some grounds to move between the overs.
Maybe some for of football etiquette should be introduced?
You were abke to leave but not come back as the stewards held you. They gave up doing it for busy T20s and the extra stewards bollocking you for waiting and blocking others, and it is more of a free for all now.

People used to run down the tunnel in the Kippax as quick as they could, often before the end.
People started leaving as the gates opened 15/20 minutes from the end when I was a nipper.

For every fan who left, there were about 20 kids running in to watch the end of the match.for free.

Happy days

People started leaving as the gates opened 15/20 minutes from the end when I was a nipper.

For every fan who left, there were about 20 kids running in to watch the end of the match.for free.

Happy days
Yeah great memories but this is still my favourite era watching the blues.

Right now is better.

I remember as a child being carried by the crowd my feet not even touching the floor.

Fans used to let kids sit on barriers and walls, and even passed kids overhead (crowdsurfing) to get to the front so they could see. Happened at virtually every ground up to the mid/late 60s.

Hooliganism put a stop to that.

It was how a lot of us FOCs became City fans.

It's only better now because of the takeover. During the Pearce era, we were frequently begging to leave earlier.
Absolutely but the stadium is miles better now, I do miss Maine Road but it had nothing on the Etihad.

The Pearce years were shit because of him.

If people can't stay to applaud that fabulous display the other night, they should have a very good excuse or be ashamed. City were almost perfect. Imagine if our best player had started the game. Lol.

In fairness, whilst I rate KDB very highly, there are so many others capable of turning it on. Gundogan is getting better as he ages, for example, Haaland is ridiculous, Alvarez looks superb, Foden is all energy, Bernardo (like Maradona in that 2nd half versus Palace, lol) and so on.

This thread is going round in circles in a similar fashion to the thread on atmosphere at home games.

Probably best that we come to terms that the majority of supporters can’t be arsed staying till the end - in a similar way to the majority can’t be arsed helping to create an atmosphere.

This is the best time we will ever have as supporters and the majority of fans simply can’t be arsed.

Haaland must be wondering wtf he has come to, going from the Yellow wall at full time at Dortmund to an empty stadium at full time at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.