Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
There is literally no logical reason for the % of people that leave in the last 10 minutes of games. I get there may be a small % that might miss their last train or have some urgent matters to attend to but for the majority it is nothing more than habit or feeling that they need to beat others to be first in line for a bus or train, or just the fact that they can do what they want because its a free world.

People moan like hell on hear about the price of tickets, associated transport costs and the general cost of living to average fans, surely the best way to get the most value from that spend is to maximise the minutes watched for the money. Rocking up late, missing 5 mins either side of half time and then leaving 10 minutes early makes the £ per minute watched hugely more expensive.

All this is even without the fact that we have been given everything we could have ever wished for as fans by the club, we should be absolutely joyous and make the most of every minute while it lasts not chipping off early to get the best seat on the bus, or first row of the bar, or even getting to bed 20 mins earlier for work. Plus it also gives a psychological boost to the players and coaching staff.

One day in the future it might all be over, make the most of it while you can.
Amazing post mate, absolutely spot on

It’s unique to City fans which I reckon is probably just habit. Strange you don’t see it on the same scale at Anfield or Old Trafford.
Or anywhere else for that matter. This apathy towards the team couldn’t have come at a worse time.

Last edited:
Define the difference and ill tell you
Fans watch the team when/how they want for their own benefit only. Supporters watch and give support to the team in order to help them achieve more, even if it means going out of their way to do it

Or, in short. Fans do it for themselves, supporters do if for the team.

Last edited:
Why LEAVE EARLY ? I don't get it, if you have to leave 10 or 15 minutes before the end why buy a ticket ??? Seriously what the fuck!!!! just watch it on TV.

I'm not saying I personally agree with it. I've lived in Stoke since I was a child (I'm not from nor have I ever lived in Manc) and as a result I've never been to Maine Road or the Etihad more than 5 times in a season. Therefore every time I've gone I've been determined to watch every second of the game.

Given the state of transport, sometimes people just want to avoid traffic and they don't see themselves missing much when the game is dead and buried like that even with 15 mins left. I left the moment the whistle blew because of making sure I was on the last train.

I personally find leaving early a little cringeworthy but it's not something I stress over. As for what other fans say, there is nothing we can say or do that they will approve of so I havent cared in years.

It could always be worse. I was at the US Open Cup final between Kansas City and Seattle in 2012, we had Kansas fans who were leaving the moment extra time ended.

Before the shootout. In a cup final. At their own stadium.

I'd be frightened I'd miss something, leaving on 85 mins is near enough 10 minutes with added time and so much can happen, more likely a world class goal or two .

We've all been there, stood in the queue at halftime and still being served when there is an almighty cheer and when you get back to your seat you find it is 1-0 and that ends up as the only goal of the game lol

Stopped going to get drinks/eats at halftime after one such incident.

You pay your money and it is your own choice but missing anything is the one thing that keeps me at a football ground until the whistle.

and no I don't get down to see City, I can't afford it and I work 6 days a week, early starts so night games are a no no, I seriously don't know how some of you guys afford to go to every match though, you must be financial geniuses to budget that into the weekly household bills.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.