Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I came on public transport yesterday. 'Kinell. Left at 11.10 got back 18:40. Ninety minutes for the game including the fuckin' time their goalie pissed up the south stand and family stand, and as the Good Sheik's private jet flies it's only eleven miles. I'm back in the car on Wednesday. I can fully understand people not wanting to get involved with public transport or try and get off the car park at full time.
But on public transport you can read Bluemoon's post-match thread.

Tbf the peole who leave early in my block are usually young families and a few elderly Blues who might struggle leaving when the stairwells /ramps are full with leaving fans.

Maybe Haaland is inspiring our players to give more back to the fans after the final whistle and it’s a positive sign. Great to see Erling firing up the crowd during the game too.

Last edited:
For me, there is No need for it in any game bar a title celebration etc. klopp has started this little craze with his disciples loving every minute of it. To be honest it’s not my cup of tea and whilst I stay til the end and clap the team as I am leaving the stand, I’m not hanging around for this sort of thing.
It definitely wasn’t a lap of honour, but more than usual, they gathered in middle and did horse shoe towards family stand end then off. It was fine and plenty stayed but no cringeworthy shite like punching thin air three times. The crowd first two games definitely seems a bit different, I expected empty seats everywhere yesterday in line with previous seasons at this time of year. No empty seats behind goal when 4th went in on 80 odd minutes a good sign

Tbf the peole who leave early in my block are usually young families and a few elderly Blues who might struggle leaving when the stairwells /!ramos are full with leaving fans.

MYbe Haaland is inspiring our players to give more back to the fans after the final whistle and it’s a positive sign. Great to see Erling firing up the crowd during the game too.
haaland fired me up
i even started a thread for him in my drunken state right after the final whistle !!!

At the end of the game today, Erling Haaland lead a team-wide (bar Kyle Walker who saw his arse about something, kicked the ball at the fans in the East Stand and was throwing his arms in then air as he left pitch… fuck knows what went on there?!) sort of lap of honour to every stand in the stadium and there were barely any fucking fans left to acknowledge it.

That’s the most comprehensive applause I’ve ever seen from any player at our ground.

He, and the rest of the team, deserve better than everyone fucking off before that sort of thing!

I can understand that sentiment but;

The lad and his Son who sat next to me have a 14 hr drive in a day to watch every game and didn't leave until the final whistle, that is real support in my opinion,.
I leave at the final whistle to try to get a train at 5.30, then I have an 90 minute drive after that.

So we all make commitments and sacrifices to watch the blues, next week at Villa I will stay and applaud the team as I have booked a room to stay over.

Leaving before the end is a more hangable offence in my opinion.

haaland fired me up
i even started a thread for him in my drunken state right after the final whistle !!!
It's a long time since we have had such an inspirational attacking player. We have had plenty of fantastic players and Vinny was our leader. Sergio was brilliant but shy. But Erling is pure box office. He is a player who gets fans off seats. I suspect at 22 Erling doesn't yet fully understand how big he will become (no doubt his agent does). He will be the biggest star (and possibly the best player) in the world within 12 months. He's our Viking God!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.