Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I find it very disrespectful to the team that people leave 10 minutes before the game
You wouldn't leave the theatre or cinema before the end surely?
I really don't understand it
Totally agree, never understood it and never will.

Same thing happened when were were relegated into the old third division and getting 20k crowds, people leaving 10 mins early to avoid the traffic, weirdos

Me and my old man never leave early but never stay later than 30 seconds after match finishes either, win, lose or draw. Guess we're shit fans ;)

The reality is the moment the match is over we want to get home, what should be an hour's journey normally takes 1.5 to 2 hours once back at the car and people have other things to do.

Me and my old man never leave early but never stay later than 30 seconds after match finishes either, win, lose or draw. Guess we're shit fans ;)

The reality is the moment the match is over we want to get home, what should be an hour's journey normally takes 1.5 to 2 hours once back at the car and people have other things to do.

Do you really save half an hour to an hour by leaving 10 minutes early ?

Stayed to the end as always, takes even with the early leavers a bit of time to get out of SS3 from halfway up. Saw the team set off around the FS and assumed they'd be down the tunnel.

Did they actually come down to my end at the south?

When they set off there was nobody left in the FS anyway, may as well have come our way.
They didn't make it over to the south stand, no, but a few of them and Pep did at least pause and clap in our direction for a moment before going down the tunnel. Not loads left in stand at that point but enough for them to get a bit of acknowledgement and shouldn't think the players would expect everyone to stay or be too fussed on the numbers.

We stay until the pitch has cleared partly as the route out of the south stand lower is always clogged up for a bit anyway (maybe fewer early leavers than in other stands), and also to say hello to people who stand nearby, but can appreciate why many will want or need to head to top of stand during injury time and get off straight after final whistle. And sure players wouldn't think twice about it as long as they get decent support in the 90 mins

Didn't even notice the new bar at back of 116 last game as I'm not observant at all, but there was a fair few people staying for a drink there after the game yesterday, think it stays open for an hour after the game so obviously not everyonein a rush to get away (although I'm guessing they still headed up at final whistle to get in the queue for bar

Out of interest, what other things do you have to do?

I just go to the pub

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.