FCUnited - This City is still ours

stony said:
politico said:
thanks for all responses fella's I had been told there was some comedy gold on here...........please...............keep it up.

I love it-I was angry for one whole day before karma was restored, cannot believe the anger and bitterness that wells from every pore of some posters

-you've got it all remember!

Lol, you've been torn apart on here fella and pretending to laugh it off won't disguise the fact that you've had your arse handed to you on a plate.
I notice how you ignore all the points raised but that's what you'd expect from a turncoat.
I like the way he pretends we're the bitter ones. We're not the ones who've had stadium plans revoked because the club they used to consider rivals is building an empire :-P

Manc in London said:
Looks like the Wikipedia page for 'Ten Acres Lane Stadium' has been amended :)

just in case it gets pulled or amended again :D

External linksPlanning Application
The club lost their fight for Ten Acres Lane due to the power of Manchester City Football Club. It is unlikely FC United of Manchester will be able to build on land close to Newton Heath due to the regeneration plans, announced on 3 March 2011, by Manchester City Football Club and Manchester City Council. It is most likely that FC United of Manchester will have to play outside of Manchester. Possibly as far away as the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1363981/CHARLES-SALE-FC-United-rebels-smell-rat-Manchester-City-stadium-deal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -deal.html</a>

politico said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1363981/CHARLES-SALE-FC-United-rebels-smell-rat-Manchester-City-stadium-deal.html

Thank you for introducing me to a truly new experience. An enjoyable Daily Mail article.

Sorry to hear of your loss, though.

Oh and by the way, I'm sure that the Council are 'examining other sites' as we speak.

kismet said:
I'm all for working class values and returning the game to the fans etc, but how on earth could the Council be considering giving FC half a million pounds.

My theatre group has over 200 members, for a 3 night run we could attract 7000 spectators. For the past 100 years we have provided entertainment for the masses, been a pillar of the community in terms of providing kids, adults, disabled with access to local theatre, workshops, training etc, thousands have benefitted in this way. In the 50's and 60's we gave tens of thousands to local charities.

Recently we hit hard times and asked the council for help and they have been only able to give us £2k in all that time.

So how on earth could the council be considering half a million to FC United????.....bizarre.....

PS our production of The Sound of Music was far superior to anything dished up by FC at Gigg Lane this year!!!!!!

The 650k wasn't a gift. As FC were to absorb the running costs of the facilities when the stadium was built, MMC would have saved money in the years ahead.

The vitriol on here is depressing.

AndyFcum said:
kismet said:
I'm all for working class values and returning the game to the fans etc, but how on earth could the Council be considering giving FC half a million pounds.

My theatre group has over 200 members, for a 3 night run we could attract 7000 spectators. For the past 100 years we have provided entertainment for the masses, been a pillar of the community in terms of providing kids, adults, disabled with access to local theatre, workshops, training etc, thousands have benefitted in this way. In the 50's and 60's we gave tens of thousands to local charities.

Recently we hit hard times and asked the council for help and they have been only able to give us £2k in all that time.

So how on earth could the council be considering half a million to FC United????.....bizarre.....

PS our production of The Sound of Music was far superior to anything dished up by FC at Gigg Lane this year!!!!!!

The 650k wasn't a gift. As FC were to absorb the running costs of the facilities when the stadium was built, MMC would have saved money in the years ahead.

Vitriol?

Perhaps realism.

But welcome to the greatest Manchester City Forum on the internet.

That's Manchester CITY forum BTW.

You know, the football club that is in Manchester and always has been.

;-)<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:53 am --<br /><br />I think I have the perfect song for FCUM though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paNrxISa4Ac[/youtube]

What d'ya think?

AndyFcum said:
kismet said:

It doesn't really help when our friend politico is claiming there's some kind of conspiracy and issuing thinly-veiled threats in light of this decision, even going as far as "Declaring war" on another thread though I'm not sure what he/she was going to declare war on.

I'll also add that this so-called "vitriol" isn't confined to City fans. There is plenty of vitriol towards FC from United fans who didn't jump ship as well. One bloke I know is pushing 60, a season ticket holder at Old Trafford, and literally despises everything about FC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.