Fellow FOC's thank you.

Reading this post has made me very emotional, remembering those early days in 1964, standing on the scoreboard end and my dad saying we were a good second division club, loved my dad and wish he was hear to see this, with my brother and my mates who also supported City through thick and thin and are no longer with us, am 66 in January and have loved this Club since my dad first took me, am not just a FOC, I have become a FSC.

I sometimes think we should thank Thaksin for the take over, not that he deserves any thanks.

Well in a roundabout way it was because of him. Although his period in charge was a bit of a nightmare. I vaguely remember that last game of the season and a car or something being driven onto the pitch, embarrassing.

Wow I just want to say thank you to all our fellow FOC's to ones still here and to the ones sadly departed. ( miss you dad )

We stood shoulder to shoulder through the shit times and than the even shitter times.
We had bananas, self mocking songs we turned up in our 10's of thousands for each game, through the Manchester rain. We walked through the dog shit alleys of Maine Road passed the bloke with the 'end of the world is nigh' of the hope of a City win.

We never lost our manc dry humour, yes we demonstrated against Swales but we still turned up.

Even down here in the saff I would see fellow City and we would have a chat, it was a rare thing to see a City fan down saff. That is changing fast !

it was a challenge to keep our off spring as blues but most managed it. Teasing at school etc

It's been worth the journey and I wouldn't change it for the world. The worst we got the stronger my faith in my home town club grew.

City and Oasis kept me going

I just wanted to say thank you to fellow FOC's it's been one fucking journey, now our kids take us to the Etihad as our old and knackered bodies start to slow up.

Thank you FOC's and thank you to our off spring who followed our believe and support for Manchester City the best team and club in all the World.

My ramble is over have a great Christmas blues
You lost me at Oasis but I agree with your overall sentiment. There are a lot of fans out there that helped carry this club up and down the divisions who would never have believed we'd see this day.

I remember getting off the train at Levenshulme station after the play-off final in 1999 at around midnight and this rag came up to me (they'd just won the treble, of course) and congratulated me on our win. Obviously, I told the condescending **** to fuck off and continued happily on my way.

Needless to say, if you told me then that we'd be crowned the best team in the world at the same time they were failing hygiene inspections I wouldn't have believed you (well, perhaps the latter). I wonder what he's thinking now?

What a journey.

I wouldn't change a single thing. Character building memories.
Colin Bells comeback.
Wembley 76
Wembley 81 twice
Alf Fucking Grey
Full Members Cup Final
Arthur Albiston own goal.
David Fucking Pleat
5-1
Oasis at Maine road
Stuart Fucking Pearce
York away
Chesterfield away
Relegated at Stoke
Wemvbley 99
Promoted at Blackburn.

So many people with Fucking as their middle name!!

After all the above it was hard to believe I'd see City play at Barcelona Real Madrid, PSG. Bayern Munich etc..
Turning point for me was beating Utd in semi at Wembley....that was Redemption Day.
Best team in all the land and all the world.

Brilliant post @give it to gordon thank you.

I kept telling you all we were the BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD. I know that behind your keyboards you laughed at me. Well, you're not laughing at me now. You are laughing with me because we did it. :-)
Now you're gonna believe us, now you're gonna believe us. :-)

Wow I just want to say thank you to all our fellow FOC's to ones still here and to the ones sadly departed. ( miss you dad )

We stood shoulder to shoulder through the shit times and than the even shitter times.
We had bananas, self mocking songs we turned up in our 10's of thousands for each game, through the Manchester rain. We walked through the dog shit alleys of Maine Road passed the bloke with the 'end of the world is nigh' of the hope of a City win.

We never lost our manc dry humour, yes we demonstrated against Swales but we still turned up.

Even down here in the saff I would see fellow City and we would have a chat, it was a rare thing to see a City fan down saff. That is changing fast !

it was a challenge to keep our off spring as blues but most managed it. Teasing at school etc

It's been worth the journey and I wouldn't change it for the world. The worst we got the stronger my faith in my home town club grew.

I just wanted to say thank you to fellow FOC's it's been one fucking journey, now our kids take us to the Etihad as our old and knackered bodies start to slow up.

Thank you FOC's and thank you to our off spring who followed our believe and support for Manchester City the best team and club in all the World.

Excellent

My Mrs just spotted me crying my eyes out at your wonderful post. I went to my first match at Maine Road with my dad too. He sadly passed away in 1998 but I know he’s smiling down on City today. Merry Christmas to all you Blues, and to everyone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.