Ferguson **Confirmed Retired** (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Slurgie to retire...

Rascal said:
bammy blue said:
also how long does it take to recover from a hip replacement?.

Its a matter of days mate. They have you up walking the day after.

Bloke i know who was 60 had both done at once he as back at work 2 weeks later and he was a gardner

My grandmother had one, went under general anesthetic, deteriorated mentally after than and died within 6 months of the op. If your over 70, its not as simple as you think.

Re: Fergie retiring

Aparantly the club need to respond to speculation because it could adversely effect share prices, stock market rules.

Got in from the match and seen facebook and twitter flooded with these rumors and in denial reds. Why do i see this same scenario happening in another 3 years?

I'll believe it when i see it, sky have not said anything either. It will be a very releving feeling but how weird will it feel with fergie not being around?

Rascal said:
bammy blue said:
also how long does it take to recover from a hip replacement?.

Its a matter of days mate. They have you up walking the day after.

Bloke i know who was 60 had both done at once he as back at work 2 weeks later and he was a gardner

I work in a hospital along side orthopedic surgical teams and you certainly are not up and walking the next day after a hip operation.

It takes a month and a half on average to fully recover from a hip replacement.

Re: Fergie retiring

goater1978 said:
Rubbish. If he was going to retire he would have announced it by now as they've nothing to play for and it would give him a chance to soak up the inevitable adoration at the last two games.

According to several newspapers, he will announce soon

If he's going after this season I have sneaky feeling Mourhino will go there.
Is it a coincidence the timing with all that love in when he played them in the champions league.

I can't actually think of another manager who's available and might get the job at this time apart from Mourhino, I'm not having it that Moyes is going there. When they announce his retirement those share prices will go down within seconds and the market will be watching who they bring in and only a big name will steady the price.

Can you imagine holding some of the shares when his retirement is announced, you will be shitting yourself all the way through the transfer window and then at the start of the following season praying for a good results.

Rascal said:
rickmcfc said:
Rascal said:
I have no love of him at all, but i wish he would retire at the top as as much as it hurts me to say the man has been a genius and he deserves his place in the pantheon of truly great managers.

Can't tell if your wumming but I totally agree with you. In footballing terms he is the best, but off the field the man is a prick

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f6/sir-alex-ferguson-considering-retiring-manchester-united-manager-370296/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f6/sir-alex-ferg ... er-370296/</a>

Not wumming at all Rick pal

We have to acknowledge how great he has been and yes it fucking hurts because he did it with the Rag *****. But his achievements with Aberdeen were probably greater as he ended the old firm hegemony at the time.

He will go down in history as one of the real greats and i have no problem with that as he deserves it.

My take on it is that he has been a great manager but not a great man. He was in place when English football changed and he used it to the very best of his ablity and his record is quite magnificent to be honest. I think he has sullied himself regularly but i suppose thats what you do for your team and thats how you win so much.

In the pantheon of greats were will he stand. For me he will be behind Clough and Shankly as they achived more from such a low base. But there is no doubting that Fergie is a genius and one of the top 5 managers ever

A great post and one that many Bluemooners and City fans should look up to. I totally agree with everything you said, and for me he is the best ever on the field Manager, better than shanks etc, but that's because I wasnt alive back in the era they were managers. His record speaks for itself, one of the greats, if not the greatest.

Quiet week at The Swamp...no one jumping up and down about them winning number 20...everyone talking about a Cup Final with City in it....he's not packing it in.

Sir Alex Ferguson's future was shrouded in doubt tonight amid suggestions that the Manchester United manager is seriously considering drawing his 26-year reign as manager to a close.

At the end of a day of intense rumours of the 71-year-old's imminent retirement, which included pronounced betting patterns which saw bookmakers slash their odds on Everton manager David Moyes replacing the Scot at Old Trafford, there had been neither confirmation nor denial that Ferguson is ready to deliver a shock announcement, as The Independent went to press.

Suggestions that an announcement may be made on Sunday emerged following United's players-versus-coaches golf day at Dunham Massey, Cheshire, this afternoon. At that time rumours were already rife that United are ready to appoint Moyes for a season's work as Ferguson's understudy – with a view to him replacing Ferguson for the 2014/15 campaign.

Moyes was not contactable tonight, and though his club did not comment there did not appear to be a feeling that such a move was imminent following conversations between Moyes and his chairman, Bill Kenwright, since Sunday's Merseyside derby at Anfield.

United's partial flotation on the New York Stock Exchange requires that they adhere to strict disclosure rules on information which might relate to the club's share price. That militates against the idea of a Sunday announcement, outside the Wall Street business week.

The owning Glazer family announced in a document issued three years ago that finding the right successor to Ferguson was a cloud on the club's horizon.

Ferguson, who had a pacemaker fitted several years ago after undergoing treatment for a heart irregularity, has long said that he would not retire as long as he is physically capable of continuing to work. He quotes the case of his father, Alexander, who died not long after retiring.

Though United did confirm last week that he is to undergo hip surgery this July, which will delay his start to the season, in his programme notes for Sunday's 1-0 home defeat to Chelsea, Ferguson addressed the issue of his future to give the club's fans a clear indication that he has no intention of walking away.

"Whether I will be here to oversee another 10 years remains to be seen, but I certainly don't have any plans at the moment to walk away from what I believe will be something special and worth being around to see," Ferguson wrote.

"It's always difficult in football to be absolutely sure of the future because the game has a habit of tripping you up, but I don't live in a fantasy world and believe we have every reason to feel confident about the future of Manchester United."

The timing of the hip surgery, which will take place two weeks before the start of the new season, could be seen as something which raises doubt over his determination to continue in the post – though the club's pre-season tour itinerary could arguably be seen as equally significant.

Ferguson was taken ill at a function in Scotland almost 12 months ago, although his nosebleeds then were put down to the number of short flights he had undertaken. Ferguson subsequently missed pre-season matches in Norway and Germany and also sat out a mid-winter break in Qatar. But he has been in bullish mood since the title was retained

Moyes has been unwilling to commit himself to a new contract at Everton, repeating on Friday that he will wait until the end of the season before making a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.