Ferguson retires - Moyes new manager

Re: Ferguson **Confirmed Retired** (merged)

Poznanpete said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Considering they've had 26 years to plan it, the whole handling of the announcement has been rather hasty

Do you think so? Under stock exchange rules they are obliged to announce senior management changes, once rumours started it was imperative that the announcement was made. Further, Gollum's future at Everton has been speculated about for most of the season.

Bacon face retires, Gollum is appointed in a matter of a few days. Regulatory hurdles are overcome and a new man is at the helm immediately. Regardless of our feelings its a seamless transfer of power with no hint of panic. Had there been any panic the share price would have not rebounded as it has.

Most of us want to retire as soon as possible, I'm surprised he stayed on so long after his previous announcement of retirement.

regards

Well couldn't they have agreed a new manager, ready to announce him at the same time (maybe they have?)

But how come no word from bacon face himself? And he was due to be at the races yesterday with his squad but pulled out at the last minute. May be nothing in it but I was expecting the whole thing to be handled slightly differently, and the timing is definitely surprising

Prestwich_Blue said:
rickmcfc said:
itsnevereasy said:
Something isn't right about him going so suddenly and before the end of the season, they could of done this after the last game and jointly announced the new manager. Something is being covered up, something big.

I don't get the timings. Something isn't quite right.
David Meek hinted at it in his Gray & Keys interview. Said something about a difference of opinion with the Glazers over future transfer spending and he was more pushed than jumped.

I posted about this in the main Rags thread but I understand he's faced them down a few times in the past and forced them to spend more than they wanted. The background to the Rooney transfer request 3 years ago was money. Their wage ceiling at that time was £90k a week I was told and that stopped them recruiting the really world class players they were linked with in the press like Sneijder. Rooney wanted to double that and at first the Glazers refused, trying to call his bluff. However, after least one other club (not us) came in with a much higher wage offer, they caved in after what I'm told was a fractious telephone conference.

My source told me that the real problem was that there were a number of players (4 or 5) who had "parity" clauses in their contracts, which meant they got the same as the highest paid player. So that cost them an extra £20-25m a year straight off, plus the ceiling was broken so others got increases as well. Hence their wage bill is going up faster than their income. I'm told there was a lingering suspicion that Baconface (& Gill) were not entirely innocent in this.

They've now got their own man, Ed Woodward, as CEO and I'd say they're going to start controlling costs more aggressively. My guess is that they've seen that Liverpool and Arsenal have continued to pull in substantial income without actually winning things (and not even being in the top 4/CL in Liverpool's case) while keeping costs down or even reducing them in Liverpool's case. Their business model is based on getting no further than the group stages in the CL and they could even survive not making the CL at all for a year.

Their thinking must be "Why spend £50m or more to win the league, when it only brings in £4m more prize money than finishing 3rd?" There's no way Baconface would accept that viewpoint.

So PB would you say that this Ronaldo rumour if him going to united, is more rag propeganda?

Might have been a real prospect of them getting Ronaldo while Baconface was there and maybe Rooney is tied into that. The Glazers say someone has to go to fund it and Rooney is out of favour anyway.

So they arrange with his agent to make it look better by putting in a transfer request with the club firmly turning it down. In terms of being able to get a good deal that's better for them than everyone knowing they're hawking him around.

Or could just be PR to sell season tickets after they struggled last season. Moyes is not going to put bums on seats is he?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Might have been a real prospect of them getting Ronaldo while Baconface was there and maybe Rooney is tied into that. The Glazers say someone has to go to fund it and Rooney is out of favour anyway.

So they arrange with his agent to make it look better by putting in a transfer request with the club firmly turning it down. In terms of being able to get a good deal that's better for them than everyone knowing they're hawking him around.

Or could just be PR to sell season tickets after they struggled last season. Moyes is not going to put bums on seats is he?

And the share prices....i really can't see it happening, though the rags in here are convinced that its fergies parting gift to the fans, like he's jesus or something

Poznanpete said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Considering they've had 26 years to plan it, the whole handling of the announcement has been rather hasty

Do you think so? Under stock exchange rules they are obliged to announce senior management changes, once rumours started it was imperative that the announcement was made. Further, Gollum's future at Everton has been speculated about for most of the season.

Bacon face retires, Gollum is appointed in a matter of a few days. Regulatory hurdles are overcome and a new man is at the helm immediately. Regardless of our feelings its a seamless transfer of power with no hint of panic. Had there been any panic the share price would have not rebounded as it has.

Most of us want to retire as soon as possible, I'm surprised he stayed on so long after his previous announcement of retirement.

regards
I like your username.

Balti said:
wow what a vivid dream I had last night. I dreamt that fergiescum retired and they replaced him with..........................wait for it.................
David Moyes!!!!!!! I know I know... utterly ridiculous but it seemed so real
Imagine if it was true. It would be fucking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! David Moyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bwahahahahahahahahhahahaaaaahhhhahaahahahhahaha

Fuck me Balti...you have weird dreams..that dream makes no fucking sense at all and is deluded to the extreme..

Go to the doctors mate and get sommat for it.. ;)..

Ollie Holt pretty much demonstrating now on twitter of how journalists are scared shitless and feel intimidated by Taggart.

itsnevereasy said:
rickmcfc said:
itsnevereasy said:
Something isn't right about him going so suddenly and before the end of the season, they could of done this after the last game and jointly announced the new manager. Something is being covered up, something big.

I don't get the timings. Something isn't quite right.

I suspect some form of corruption that was about to come out.

He's failed the fit and proper test..

Ferguson **Confirmed Retired** (merged)

It's already started, the narrative to show Moyes as Slur Alex Mark II.

Thankfully, he's never won a fecking trophy, has no experience of a Champions League group, lost his only final to Chelsea and in reality, isn't known outside of this country.

He's a no mark - a patsy - he's the Lee Harvey Oswald of the piece - incapable of keeping so many plates spinning and so many egos in check.

Our Jack Ruby moment is upon us. El Presidente has lost his head and we're now just waiting in the underground car lot, bullets poised.

Fecking beautiful on so many levels. As for Ronaldo - more chance of JFK turning out for the bastards.

Prestwich_Blue said:

I don't know, he might bring Phil Neville with him....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.