Fernandinho - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been ingrained in people that he’s dirty.
He made 3 fouls yesterday.
Lingard made the same # of fouls without a yellow card and no one said shit. This is why I hate narratives. Both food and bad, they always cloud the facts (and in most cases the truth) :(

Lingard made the same # of fouls without a yellow card and no one said shit. This is why I hate narratives. Both food and bad, they always cloud the facts (and in most cases the truth) :(

Ashley Young must have made 3 in the last 5 minutes.

Don’t be fooled, this is the new school of thought in England. Any foul committed by Fernandinho and fans will be baying for yellow cards.

Just doesn't get the recognition he deserves for his all around game. Some see him as purely a defensive mid and judge him by that but quite frankly he is a wonderful central midfielder and contributes so much to launching our attacks. He just represents the the rich moment that the team is currently in.

Think city have benefitted from him being out of the Brazil squad. I think the 2 week breaks have benefited him and us. The longer he stays out of that squad the better for us. My only concern is the pressure referees are going to be put under to book him with the current narrative that's building.

Had an absolutely superb game against the Rags and the media can only concentrate on why he doesnt get booked , he's a defensive midfield player who is combative and will get bookings over a season and no doubt at least one suspension , but that doesnt detract he is one of the best in the world in his position. When Mascherano , Busquets , Vieira , Keane , Scholes and others did the same they were considered clever players who broke up opposition play , Dinho is in the same mould but doesnt get the credit he deserves. Watching City over the years we have some hard midfield players , Doyle , Gow , McMahon , Barton , De Jong and a few others but Dinho is archetypal iron fist in a velvet glove and that is the reason he doesnt get booked as often as the others mentioned.

Yes, MOTD2 were incredibly complementary and showed lots of his highlights from the derby.

He's not been our best player this season (David, Bernardo, Aguero and Laporte can fight that one out for me), but the fact he's even part of the debate is testament to how extraordinary he's been recently.

Considering he was viewed as the weak link in our starting eleven six months ago, and considering we were after Jorginho to replace him before Chelsea moved in, he's really stepped up a gear - at the age of 33! - and added dimensions to his to his game that I didn't think would be possible at such a late stage.

Outstanding player who has dutifully taken a backseat role while his fellow midfielders - Silva, De Bruyne and Yaya before - have all stolen the headlines over the years. Glad his twilight years are happy ones at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.