Fernandinho (continued)

Luckily we don't have hard games in PL otherwise it could easily ruin our league campaign, though we missed him in some lesser matches too.

I'm not optimist for Barcelona clash now at all, can't see how we could stop their magician midfielders without him.

Shit, how things can turn upside down so fast.. 15 minutes in the match vs Spurs we looked as best team in the world than Aguero limped off and now this.

Marvin said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Cobwebcat said:
4 weeks on OS awwww shit......no Aguero Nasri or Fernandinho.....we will be out of the FA Cup and the CL before they are back at this rate.

Could well be. I can't see how we will beat Barca playing these tactics and Chelsea were much the better team so we need to improve 50% to beat them in the cup.

Not good.
We could and should have been 2 up before Chelsea scored. Getting that first goal was vital

Negredo, and Milner will hopefully be fit for the Chelsea Cup game and I thought Jovetic did well

Navas was destroying Chelsea. For some reason we just stopped giving him the ball for a half an hour spell after they scored

The Champions League and FA Cup are very difficult now that we have these injuries. But I would still back us to win the League Cup and League

Agree on the last two. But I am concerned about the other two now unless Mourinho plays a different side.

Luckily we have winnable games coming up in the league with our harder games at the back end of March and April. Hopefully, Aguero, Nasri and everyone else will be back for those and by the time we play them we will have a 4/5 point gap.

Marvin said:
OB1 said:
RandomJ said:
No he didn't the game passed him by yet again. He dives in, misses the ball and thus gives the back 4 an unnecessary headache. He just doesn't have the mobility and doesn't read the game well enough to be a DM and you will soon realise that since Fernan is out for 4 weeks.

MDM won more tackles than any other player on the park.
When I heard Fernandinho was out I was gutted and feared the worst, but he played well

It was our attacking players who had an off day. Instead of the free-flowing football we started to go long when we should have kept on giving easy balls to Navas. Run at their midfield, force the defender to come out to you, and then slip Navas in. We just lost the normal pattern and flow to our game. I don't think it was down to Chelsea. I just thought the occasion and pressure of going a goal down got to our players, and it didn't help missing a lot of key players. Would be wrong to focus just on Demichelis

Agree he did OK. Our strikers were diabolical today (Jovetic was ok). And Silva has never had composure in front of goal, never will have. Chances against the best defence in the league were always going to be few and far between and we cannot hope to get anything out of the game if don't take the few chances we do get.

mansour's tow ropes said:
I don't know where we go with midfield from here. Garcia and Demichelis are defensive midfielders and can't do the job in a 2 man midfield, MP clearly doesn't rate Rodwell, so that leaves Milner. Will a midfield 2 of Yaya and Milner striker fear into other teams? Im not sure

Maybe Pellegrini needs to realise that the 2 man midfield won't work without Fernandinho and change his formation to compensate but if the Chelsea game is anything to go by I won't hold my breath.

Big mistake in only bringing in Fern' to the midfield in the summer.

Have said since then that if we lose either him or Yaya to injury etc then we'd be in trouble.

Pelligrini in the post match press conference saying Fern' will be out for 3 or 4 weeks. Shit.

What a shit night.

Makes the decision not to buy another midfielder seem all the more ridiculous. We all knew that one sustained injury to this guy would severely affect our team. Absolutely gutted if he's out for a month.

Oh my fucking god I've just heard this could be four weeks. This could destroy our season. Injuries have decimated us this year.

karen7 said:
on the OS,pellers he will be out 3 or 4 weeks
Damn!
Worst bit of news in the whole evening
Hope Milner is fit soon as we desperately need more energy in CM than we had tonight.
God we have had some bad luck with injuries to influential players this campaign. Could well cost us.

showed how important he was tonight (if youre an idiot)

all these mongs saying we didn't need another midfielder , I laugh in your face.

one of our two best centre mids is out and we are fucked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.