Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperSilva said:
WTF!

I though Di Marzio, who broke this news, is usually spot on about these things and basically said this was a done deal... now Shakhtar's manager comes out and says he will cost 50M? and that we're a step down ... (total C9nt by the way) ... Did Di Marzio jump the gun or something?!
I don't think the deal is done but castles and di marzio both know their stuff and both pretty much said its nearly done. Rory smith is reliable but I need to see where those quotes are from. He'll sign with us just don't want it dragged out

edit: di marzio posted another update today basically saying the news has spread around england about this and he will be a manchester city player.

"Fernandinho will be a Manchester City player. We talked about it yesterday, during the Special League after Champions League (meet again tonight at 23.30 on Sky Sports 1). The news of the City Fernandinho (agreement already found in January) has been revived in England, a major coup for the club in Manchester."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/fernandinho-al-city-la-notizia-fa-il-giro-dellinghilterra/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciom ... ghilterra/</a>

I trust him and castles not these KFA in the english media who have shit sources when it comes to these types of deals. Plus we're the only suitors and Txiki gets what Txiki wants. End of story... just dont want a 500 page thread by august asking when hes signing loL

I knew it would only be a matter of time until money is brought up!

I think the comments regarding us not being at Shakthar's level is down to the coach not wanting one of his star players leaving, and with that comment it will plant a seed in Fernandinho's mind to make him question a move to City, just mind games in my opinion.

I just find a bit of a conicindence that in January Fernandinho came out with some comments - comments we all saw quoted - regarding him coming to Manchester during that window.

Now all of a sudden we have apparently signed him?

Maybe a deal was done in January but fell through?! Fee not correct, Shakhtar still in the CL, I don't know! But their is definately something in this transfer I you ask me.

I still have a feeling he will be out player come July.

I reckon this is as good as done regardless of those comments. Not heard much of him before this, but he looks like someone our team could definitely use.

TCIB said:
Andouble said:
does this Di Marzio have a twitter account to follow?

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/DiMarzio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/DiMarzio</a>

cheers, can we get him tweeting in English now like Tancredi Palmeri?

xzbit04 said:
@RorySmithTimes
More Lucescu: "If a stronger team comes in, I'll do everything possible to help (the deal). But City at the moment not at Shakhtar's level."
Has Abramovich made contact?
It sounds like Lucescu's trying to encourage Chelsea to outbid us?

The Ukrainian outfit's manager insists the club will be forced to sell if the Brazil star's 50m euro release clause is met with Roberto Mancini's side having been heavily linked.

Shakhtar Donetsk manager Mircea Lucescu has hit out at Manchester City's reported pursuit of Fernandinho, claiming the Premier League side is not at the same level as the Ukrainian outfit.

Speculation in the English media on Tuesday morning linked the 27-year-old with a move to the Etihad Stadium, with Blues boss Roberto Mancini expected to overhaul his squad after missing out on the title.

Lucescu insists Fernandinho will only be sold if his release clause is met, but he feels a move to City would be a step down for the midfielder.

"If City want to [sign Fernandinho], the clause is 50 million euros," Lucescu told PRO TV. "If our players receive offers from teams higher than Shakhtar, we do everything possible to help them. Currently, I think Manchester City is not at our level."

The five-time capped Brazil international is contracted to the Ukraine champion until 2016, having joined for 7m pounds from Atletico Paranaense in 2005, and won the UEFA Cup in 2009 with the club.

AdamoTheGreat said:
The Ukrainian outfit's manager insists the club will be forced to sell if the Brazil star's 50m euro release clause is met with Roberto Mancini's side having been heavily linked.

Shakhtar Donetsk manager Mircea Lucescu has hit out at Manchester City's reported pursuit of Fernandinho, claiming the Premier League side is not at the same level as the Ukrainian outfit.

Speculation in the English media on Tuesday morning linked the 27-year-old with a move to the Etihad Stadium, with Blues boss Roberto Mancini expected to overhaul his squad after missing out on the title.

Lucescu insists Fernandinho will only be sold if his release clause is met, but he feels a move to City would be a step down for the midfielder.

"If City want to [sign Fernandinho], the clause is 50 million euros," Lucescu told PRO TV. "If our players receive offers from teams higher than Shakhtar, we do everything possible to help them. Currently, I think Manchester City is not at our level."

The five-time capped Brazil international is contracted to the Ukraine champion until 2016, having joined for 7m pounds from Atletico Paranaense in 2005, and won the UEFA Cup in 2009 with the club.
don't understand this 50 million thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.