Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
ws01 said:
The thing is that because we've paid £30 million, people expect utter perfection.

As I just mentioned, the Rags paid £27.5 million for a glorified donkey. Who got the better deal? I know they sure as hell didn't. Dinho is superior to Fellaini on so many levels.

Players of his style and quality are well in vogue and rare to come by these days - it's an inflated market for them. You pay what you have to to get a player of that mould on your books, in order to be able to properly compete in Europe.

The bottom line is that whilst he hasn't been a brilliant standout as yet, he's been good to very good for us so far. A clear upgrade on De Jong, Barry, Garcia and Rodwell. Tbh I would've loved to have De Jong still on the books in order to partner him with Dinho, reckon they'd make a great pair.

The more he settles into the prem and once he gets a suitable partner to share the burden of the midfield load with him, we'll be able to get a better look into his creativity and great passing range that he possesses. The signs are already clearly there IMO.

This.

Shakhtar gave him the space in which he honed his skills. Now he's definitely trying to turn in eye-catching performances to get a call-up to Brazil 2014. Impeccable timing for the signing.

Made me forget all about we had a de Jong in our squad once!

Ric said:
I thought he played well today. Gave the ball away cheaply once or twice, but is still adapting to the league and will continue to improve.

My only concern at the moment, with Rodwell's injury problems and Garcia's incompetence, is that he and Yaya have to start every league and European game at present. This is clearly not sustainable. Time for Milner to get games in centre mid to ease the burden, as it's arguably his best position and we're well covered in wide/attacking positions with Silva, Nasri, Navas and Jovetic.

Exactly this. Some people seem to forget that both Ferna and Yaya played 3 games in like 7 days. Especially when their only 2 in the middle they should get more rotation. But with Rodwell injured and Pellegrini clearly not trusting Garcia in a midfield 2 against a good opponent. We have little depth there. Replacing Garcia would be my next priority.

markyboyblue said:
Ric said:
I thought he played well today. Gave the ball away cheaply once or twice, but is still adapting to the league and will continue to improve.

My only concern at the moment, with Rodwell's injury problems and Garcia's incompetence, is that he and Yaya have to start every league and European game at present. This is clearly not sustainable. Time for Milner to get games in centre mid to ease the burden, as it's arguably his best position and we're well covered in wide/attacking positions with Silva, Nasri, Navas and Jovetic.

I agree that Milner should be given a chance as a defensive midfielder. He puts his all into games and should be rewarded. I cannot see any benefit for having Fernandinho in the team, 100% I would rather have Barry in there. People say he is not a defensive midfielder, so why play him. I heard a Spanish journo talking on the radio saying that when Demichellis is fit he will play def mid. Maybe we have been spoilt having De Jong and Barry in that position but IMHO Fernandinho is just not upto it.

I agree about fernandinho not being up to it (so far) How many times does he get caught in possesion? Bayern scored from 1,Everton almost scored with another.And the number of times his passes goes to the opposition I've lost count of. Still a work in progress till I change my mind about him.

SWSB said:
markyboyblue said:
Ric said:

I agree that Milner should be given a chance as a defensive midfielder. He puts his all into games and should be rewarded. I cannot see any benefit for having Fernandinho in the team, 100% I would rather have Barry in there. People say he is not a defensive midfielder, so why play him. I heard a Spanish journo talking on the radio saying that when Demichellis is fit he will play def mid. Maybe we have been spoilt having De Jong and Barry in that position but IMHO Fernandinho is just not upto it.

I agree about fernandinho not being up to it (so far) How many times does he get caught in possesion? Bayern scored from 1,Everton almost scored with another.And the number of times his passes goes to the opposition I've lost count of. Still a work in progress till I change my mind about him.

Totally disagree, for me he's been one of our most consistent performers. Don't see how a midfielder losing possession in the middle of the park can shoulder the responsibility for conceding, there's something fundamentally wrong with the team if thats happening regularly.
His passing hasn't been GREAT but nor has it been half as bad as painted by some. He has a good range and isn't afraid to try the non safe option, you'd all probably moan if Rodwell were to come in & start playing safe sideways & back passes.

Really surprised he's not more popular has all the qualities that make a fan fav.

Fernan will come good and start showing his class once he has fully acclimatised to the premier league.

He has still not got to grips with the pace of the game over here and this shows at the moment.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Fernan will come good and start showing his class once he has fully acclimatised to the premier league.

He has still not got to grips with the pace of the game over here and this shows at the moment.

Looked fine to me yesterday

BlueMoonz1977 said:

Rubbish,he is already very good,has definitely got to grips with our game but will hopefully only get better.

FantasyIreland said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

Rubbish,he is already very good,has definitely got to grips with our game but will hopefully only get better.

Homesick according to the Mirror so probably bull.

markyboyblue said:
Ric said:

I might scramble my account password here if Demichellis plays defensive midfielder. He makes Garcia look like Usain Bolt. Most here would implode in 30 seconds. Also Milner doesn't have the discipline to sit in front of the defense in my opinion.

taconinja said:
markyboyblue said:
Ric said:

I might scramble my account password here if Demichellis plays defensive midfielder. He makes Garcia look like Usain Bolt. Most here would implode in 30 seconds. Also Milner doesn't have the discipline to sit in front of the defense in my opinion.
What is this idiotic obsession that Demichelis is some Mertesacker II in terms of pace?
He really isn't that slow, okay he isn't Usain Fucking Bolt but he ain't a slouch, in fact I wouldn't say he's any slower than Lescott, or even Nastasic.
Also, assuming he is too slow, surely that would make him MORE suited to defensive midfield. I mean, where have Garcia's weaknesses been most exposed? Oh yeah, centre-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.