Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool block West Brom move for Ngog-

Liverpool say no to David Ngog loan switch to West Brom as Roy Hodgson faces striker shortage

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER Last updated at 1:18 AM on 13th July 2010

Liverpool have blocked a proposed loan deal for David Ngog to West Brom.
The French striker, 21, was wanted for the season by Roberto di Matteo but Liverpool need him as cover unless they can bring in two new strikers before the window shuts.
Meanwhile, Palermo have confirmed making an opening offer for Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva.
The Serie A side have offered around £3million but Liverpool want closer to £8m for the Brazilian.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1294157/Liverpool-say-David-Ngog-loan-switch-West-Brom-Roy-Hodgson-faces-striker-shortage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rtage.html</a>

Still not decided where to go but could be out for 2 months. So who's gonna take this 70 millions risk?

Torres will also have a scan in the next 48 hours to determine the extent of the groin injury he suffered after replacing Villa in extra-time, although the tear to his left adductor is expected to keep him out for up to two months.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6258113,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 13,00.html</a>

Its a nasty injury I did mine at Uni playing 5 a side. Wasnt right for months, you cant do any running or training until it heals properly which obviously adds to the rehabilitation time.

Its also one of those where follow up injuries is very likely - posture support related.

There is talk in the press today of us stepping aside for Torres and Chelsea offers us Drogba or Anelka (Would be shockingly bad business at their ages.

Juventus stepping aside so we can get Dzeko if we sell the Ade cheap ( Would also be terrible business as much as I want Dzeko)

Hopefully more press bullshit. Forget Torres, sign Dzeko keep Ade. No OAP Chelski cast offs for daft money.

If the injury to Torres is as thought I cant see him going anywhere wont be fit until October likely plus he wasnt fit and had problem with his knees before this injury. Seriously how could he pass a medical ? £50 - £70 million would be madness for any team given his age and injury record.

alera said:
Its a nasty injury I did mine at Uni playing 5 a side. Wasnt right for months, you cant do any running or training until it heals properly which obviously adds to the rehabilitation time.

Its also one of those where follow up injuries is very likely - posture support related.

There is talk in the press today of us stepping aside for Torres and Chelsea offers us Drogba or Anelka (Would be shockingly bad business at their ages.

Juventus stepping aside so we can get Dzeko if we sell the Ade cheap ( Would also be terrible business as much as I want Dzeko)

Hopefully more press bullshit. Forget Torres, sign Dzeko keep Ade. No OAP Chelski cast offs for daft money.

If the injury to Torres is as thought I cant see him going anywhere wont be fit until October likely plus he wasnt fit and had problem with his knees before this injury. Seriously how could he pass a medical ? £50 - £70 million would be madness for any team given his age and injury record.
Agreed all of that.

The best thing with Liverpool is to leave them to implode. Its one think taking a flyer on injury prone players at firesale prices (Which given their situation it should be)

They want daft daft money for the likes of Gerrard and Torres, also in the press today that Real have given up on Gerrard - they dont think hes worth anything like the £30 million Liverpool are demanding.

With their debts and lack of champions league if they dont get some serious cash in this summer they are in big trouble which can only be to our benefit.

Surely administraaion is a real prospect for them at this stage if they dont make some big money this summer ?

alera said:
The best thing with Liverpool is to leave them to implode. Its one think taking a flyer on injury prone players at firesale prices (Which given their situation it should be)

They want daft daft money for the likes of Gerrard and Torres, also in the press today that Real have given up on Gerrard - they dont think hes worth anything like the £30 million Liverpool are demanding.

With their debts and lack of champions league if they dont get some serious cash in this summer they are in big trouble which can only be to our benefit.

Surely administraaion is a real prospect for them at this stage if they dont make some big money this summer ?
Real Madrid spokesman said Liverpool wanted 70m Euros which is £58m

HA

For Gerrard ? If correct that is insane hes the wrong side of 30 and has worse injury problems than Torres !

Run a mile from him and Torres, if we really want to take a punt on them wait 12 months and buy from the adminstrators at a realistic price. RBS want their £400 million back 6 months ago, Liverpool are probably losing £80 - £100 million a season as is with debt interest and lack of champions league footy.

We all know how this will end up without a very rich buyer OR significant player sales and an upturn in their fortunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.