Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AntonDonJuan said:
alera said:
The best thing with Liverpool is to leave them to implode. Its one think taking a flyer on injury prone players at firesale prices (Which given their situation it should be)

They want daft daft money for the likes of Gerrard and Torres, also in the press today that Real have given up on Gerrard - they dont think hes worth anything like the £30 million Liverpool are demanding.

With their debts and lack of champions league if they dont get some serious cash in this summer they are in big trouble which can only be to our benefit.

Surely administraaion is a real prospect for them at this stage if they dont make some big money this summer ?
Real Madrid spokesman said Liverpool wanted 70m Euros which is £58m

HA

Agree, let them stew. If nobody buys Torres or Gerrard, they'll have to sell everyone else who's any good (not many!) just to stay in business. Then they'll have two sulking 'stars' on their hands & end up having to sell them for less.

I think there's shades of the SWP to Chelsea saga in what's happening at Liverpool this summer. My personal opinion is that Torres is the player they are trying to force a sale for - but at top dollar, much like we did with SWP.

I can understand from our owner's perspective why they would want him, but I hope that the football people think long and hard about the risks and cost associated with bringing him to COMS. A couple of weeks ago I'd have said Torres would be a 100% yes from me - but looking at it from a cold calculated point of view, we could probably sign Dzeko AND Ibra for the money they want.

Regarding Gerrard - I don't think he's going anywhere. They'll need him at Liverpool to be part of the rebuilding which Hodgson is going to do, and I imagine that Hodgson will indulge him far far more than Benitez did...

alera said:
For Gerrard ? If correct that is insane hes the wrong side of 30 and has worse injury problems than Torres !

Run a mile from him and Torres, if we really want to take a punt on them wait 12 months and buy from the adminstrators at a realistic price. RBS want their £400 million back 6 months ago, Liverpool are probably losing £80 - £100 million a season as is with debt interest and lack of champions league footy.

We all know how this will end up without a very rich buyer OR significant player sales and an upturn in their fortunes.
He also said they baulked at Maicon because Inter wanted £29m, i'd love Maicon here

Problem is hes brazilian which means he guranteed to fail in the prem and at city in particular. World class player but then so are Robinho and Elano and how did that work out ?

The truth is they cant hack it here, at our club, our city, in the league the country weather etc. As much as it pains me to say it they dont work in England.

alera said:
Problem is hes brazilian which means he guranteed to fail in the prem and at city in particular. World class player but then so are Robinho and Elano and how did that work out ?

The truth is they cant hack it here, at our club, our city, in the league the country weather etc. As much as it pains me to say it they dont work in England.

Gilberto Silva made a pretty good fist of it at Arsenal...

Maicon's a similar type of player.

Plus he's arguably the best right back in the world.

Rammyblues said:
walk away City, just walk away.

Seems we have, which makes this thread redundant, .

According to another thread, talks are ongoing. But there was no link for it. Is there a link to say we've walked away Rammy? And incidently, I think we need to do just that.

Pam

This is what I based the fact we had walked away from torres

tolmie's hairdoo Post subject: a little birdie...Torres et al...Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:36 am

Location: Yosemite I Wonder... Having had a beer or two with people I consider very reliable and without agendas over last couple days...

Apologies for not replying to a number of PMs or not using this opportunity to heal with the power of music.

This is posted in good faith, certainly without any concerns about someone with the benefit of hindsight going all Trotsky on me...

We have pulled the plug on Torres, we have not spoken with the player, his camp have been making encouraging noises, but that's all.

There is no agreement in place, no deal agreed whatsoever, he was one of only four other striker options, all being considered.

There WERE issues with Carlos Tevez a couple months back, they certainly say with regards his agent - he was put back in his place - the owners will not allow his sale.

Interest from Real Madrid and Jose, however, is very real.

Tevez has been promised players of world stature.

I have had no previous inkling of player targets Dzeko and Koralov. This interest was said to me to be VERY REAL.

BOTH players have expressed a desire to come to us and want a deal done.

James Milner is NO smokescreen - we love the boy to bits - we are hoping to speak with Villa this week. We are not moving on £25m - albeit Onuoha and Richards are both being suggested.

Arteta is a watching brief, although they would not say if this was related to Milner.

Barca's Ibra is also still on the radar, with potential scenarios involved, including Robbie.

David Luiz, apparently we are being used to ramp up an auction. An interest and making a definitive offer, two very different things.

The owners have an eye on a particular show stopper, it would piss off a number of people.

They gave me a name, but if there is the slightest chance of this being a possibility, I will refrain for now.

We are supposedly delighted with how our business is being conducted.

Bellamy and Ireland can both stay, but we will not stand in their way if the right club and offer is out there.

We would like to conclude on two deals by the end of this week.

As for the knockers and some of the comments in the media, it has not gone unnoticed, nor unexpected.

From the PR people to the very top of Khaldoon, the manager and Cook, we are keeping our powder dry.

What impressed me more than anything, was one of my associates saying City plan to speak through actions rather than words very shortly.

Just ITK stuff

Must admit can't rule anything out for definite, but having been at 50 /50 re his signing once I read this that went to 1/10 and having seen him injured again in WC I have to say pithily unarsed if we sign him or not.

Likely to be a Liverpool player by the time the window shuts? probable now.

Spain's Football Federation has confirmed that Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has ruptured a muscle in his left thigh.

The 26-year-old striker was a substitute in Sunday's World Cup final against Holland, but pulled up as the end of extra-time approached.

Torres returned to Spain following the triumph, along with the rest of Vicente Del Bosque's successful squad, and has now undergone a scan on the injury to ascertain the full extent of the blow.

A statement on the SFF's website confirmed Torres had a magnetic resonance scan at the Cemtro de Madrid Clinic and evidence was found of "a Grade 1 muscle fibre rupture in the left thigh."

Torres struggled to make the World Cup after missing the end of Liverpool's season with right knee injuries and looked out of sorts in South Africa.

The former Atletico Madrid striker earned four starts in the tournament after coming on in their opening group game defeat to Switzerland before being dropped for the semi-final against Germany.

Cadena Ser news network confirmed on Wednesday the scan results would be sent to Liverpool and it was unlikely Torres would play before the new Premier League season starts next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.