Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the press to use the word ruptured (as was used by the Spanish FA i guess) makes the injury sound a lot worse than it is.
All the talk suggests that we are not looking towards Torres now anyway but his injury might not be as bad as it sounds.
He only has a grade 1 tear of his groin which usually involves around 5% of the total muscle fibres. Yeah it'll probably be a bit sore for a few weeks but it could be a lot worse.
A muscle rupture is a term used globally for a strain quite a bit. Many people tend to reserve that term for a grade 3 tear which is a tear across the entire width of the muscle - obviously much much worse.
Imho Torres needs a good rest to fully recover from his injuries (all of them) as i think he probably played an entire season last year at below 100%, such was the desperate need for firepower upfront for Liverpool.
Torres was never considered injury prone from what i can gather before moving over here. These little niggles can disrupt your biomechanics to the point where other injuries creep in. I'm convinced that he can recover from all these issues and return to the form we saw him in during his first season - he was awesome.

Certainly one to keep on the radar i think if we have ended our interest for now

parkerblue said:
For the press to use the word ruptured (as was used by the Spanish FA i guess) makes the injury sound a lot worse than it is.
All the talk suggests that we are not looking towards Torres now anyway but his injury might not be as bad as it sounds.
He only has a grade 1 tear of his groin which usually involves around 5% of the total muscle fibres. Yeah it'll probably be a bit sore for a few weeks but it could be a lot worse.
A muscle rupture is a term used globally for a strain quite a bit. Many people tend to reserve that term for a grade 3 tear which is a tear across the entire width of the muscle - obviously much much worse.
Imho Torres needs a good rest to fully recover from his injuries (all of them) as i think he probably played an entire season last year at below 100%, such was the desperate need for firepower upfront for Liverpool.
Torres was never considered injury prone from what i can gather before moving over here. These little niggles can disrupt your biomechanics to the point where other injuries creep in. I'm convinced that he can recover from all these issues and return to the form we saw him in during his first season - he was awesome.

Certainly one to keep on the radar i think if we have ended our interest for now

Very informative post, thank you.

City turned down AGAIN!!

The sun are at it again.

'Moneybags'™ Manchester City have been rejected by yet another of their top transfer targets. The latest big name player to reject a move to 'the Richest Club in the World'™ is Fernando Torres.
Speaking from his hosital bed, said that he definitely would not be making the short journey to Manchester. "I cant walk anywhere with this leg" he said.

Eager to bolster their meagre strikeforce, City have already approached World Cup hot shots Rooney, Kaka, Ronaldo & van Persie, all of whom have turned them down flat. Even players City haven't even shown a passing interest in have laughed off suggestions of a move. Roberto Mancini's latest number 1 target is Edin Dzeko, currently with German side Wolfsburg. At a recent press conference we couldn't hear Dzeko's agent, but he probably said Dzeko would not go to Manchester City. Representatives of Messi & Ozil were unavailable for comment, but would more than likely have rubbished suggestions of a multi million pound move to the 'Richest Club in the World'™

It appears that the main stumbling block to signing players, apart from the players refusing to move, could be the incompetence of their Chief Executive Garry Cook. He and his team have been racking up the airmiles on a whistlestop tour of Europe trying & failing to lure players to Eastlands. City & particularly Cook's refusal to pay the exhorbitant, over inflated prices quoted by greedy, money grabbing clubs, eager to cash in on City's wealthy arab owners & their 'petro dollars'™ is causing consternation throughout Europe. Don’t City realise there is a worldwide recession on? Teams struggling financially in lesser leagues, like Germany & Spain, are being forced to not sell their star players simply because 'Moneybags'™ Manchester City wont pay the going rate. City are literally ruining football.

City's buying power is unmatched, unrivalled & unhealthy. Their newest arrivals Jerome Boateng, Yaya Youre & David Silva have cost an estimated £100M & are on £250k per week at least. It has been suggested that Toure only signed to stop Craig Bellamy giving his brother Kolo chinese burns & that Boateng signed so that he could send his brother abusive texts without incurring roaming mobile tariff charges. It is even rumoured that Silva still knows nothing about his transfer. When the victorious Spanish team arrived back at Madrid airport from South Africa, his agent was waiting to bundle him on a plane to Manchester with the help of chloroform.

Liverpool player & history graduate, Javier Mascherano, recently accused City of having no history. 'I would never play for them' he said 'They do not have any history. I play for pride, for passion & for the traditions of the club. Not for money. They would have to pay me at least 25% more than Inter have offered for me to move there'

We contacted Talksport's 'Voice of Reason' Stan Collymore for his informed thoughts, but he had gone for a walk in the park.

Boots_ said:
parkerblue said:

Very informative post, thank you.

No problem mate - training to be a physio helps :)

Skysports have just released a story from the liverpool medical staff to say they think he'll be ready for the new season. It just shows how the press can pick up on certain words from other stories and make a mountain out of a molehill. The information was all there from the Spanish FA but the facts are chosen to be ignored sometimes i guess
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6260638,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 38,00.html</a>

I know people on here have stated that City have dropped their interest in Torres, but if we had any interest in him, it should be rekindled as the injury is far less serious than first thought. With reports saying it would only be about 3 weeks to recover from such an injury, 2 of them would have been spent on holiday anyway due to the world cup.
Torres is a serious player and in my opinion one we should continue to chase, sod all the "over rated, injury prone, not worth the asking price" bollocks, we have the money, fuck me, its all anyone is talking about.
Again Darren Gough moaning how we're ruining football (tosser) even Adrian Durham fucked him off with all that nonsense. I couldn't care less, how much we spend on player x,y or z, the so-called big 4 have done it for years, we're just playing catch up and very much doubt that future transfer windows will ever be the same.
Get Torres at any cost, along with Dzeko. These 2 plus Teves & Ade could win us trophies for years to come.

Roy Hodgson admits he must fight to win over "disenchanted" stars Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-admits-he-must-fight-to-win-over-disenchanted-stars-Steven-Gerrard-Fernando-Torres-and-Javier-Mascherano-article527951.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Li ... 27951.html</a>

I fear for Torres career if he stays with the Dippers - his 'tear' may not be as bad as thought, but as last year they'll rush him back before he's ready and ultimately he'll suffer.
Coming to us, or even Chelski, where he could have recuperation time, would be the best for him as a player IMO.

tevezinblue said:
Roy Hodgson admits he must fight to win over "disenchanted" stars Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-admits-he-must-fight-to-win-over-disenchanted-stars-Steven-Gerrard-Fernando-Torres-and-Javier-Mascherano-article527951.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Li ... 27951.html</a>

I still think they'll give it another year. There are players out there who are so devoted and emotionally invested in one club, they pretty much become shite when they eventually leave for another club. Their hearts aren't in it with some of them. That's Steven Gerrard all over if you ask me.

Gerrard territory if you ask me. And anyway, he's thirty years of age and past his best.

Oh, and Torres is a sick note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.