Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
m27 said:
Revolver said:
Torres is a very good player however to give a players like Lescott and De Jong would be ridiculous. It does my head thinking we may give one of better players away to sign a "wow signing". Hopefully its just rumour.

Actually instead of signing yet another forward best us try and buy a top class centre half.

Much as I am excited by the thought of getting Torres, I agree with Revolver, it's time for a world class centre half beause we certainly haven't got one of those yet.

I'd feel far more confident about City mounting a title challenge with a world class centre-half, the trouble is they're about as common as rarely tinted albino rocking horse shite. If there is going to be a WOW it should be of the rarely tinted variety.

Don't know if I missed it on here, but RAWK is a buzz with "news" that Torres is staying.

Hodgson just said this in a press conference this afternoon:

"As far as I know <Torres> is looking forward to coming back here; he is back on Monday," said the Englishman.

"He is enjoying a holiday - a well-deserved break as he has not had one for three years.

"He is spending a lot of time with his family, keeping a low profile and as far as I know he is not really speaking to anyone.

"But he has told us that he is looking forward to Monday, looking forward to getting back to work and looking forward to playing for Liverpool next season.

"That is what I know so other reports, I would suggest, are erroneous."

If he stays with them then it shows he has little ambition and so is a player I hope we wont be linked with again.

super_city_si said:
Chippy_boy said:
Killer pass? That's not his job.

His job is to stick to twats like Rooney like glue, put them entirely off their game by being in their face all the time and give them no let up. He does it better than anyone.

True, but he proved in the WC he can play the killer pass. he put through a sublime ball for Van Persie against Denmark that led to a goal. He will greatly improve Liverpool if we let him go. I'd rather keep him and let Barry go.

This. He's bloody good at kicking players in the chest as well!

Chippy_boy said:
Don't know if I missed it on here, but RAWK is a buzz with "news" that Torres is staying.

"As far as I know <Torres> is looking forward to coming back here; he is back on Monday," said the Englishman.

"He is enjoying a holiday - a well-deserved break as he has not had one for three years.

"He is spending a lot of time with his family, keeping a low profile and as far as I know he is not really speaking to anyone.

"But he has told us that he is looking forward to Monday, looking forward to getting back to work and looking forward to playing for Liverpool next season.

"as far as i know"... :)

Seems all a bit academic now anyway as Mr Hodgson says Torres has told him he's itching to get back to business at Melwood next week. That would suggest he's finally coming out and saying I'm staying........

samharris said:
Chippy_boy said:

"as far as i know"... :)

I know it's not 100% concrete, but its a marked change in tone from Woy and I think that must be because he's had some positive news or dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.