Fernando vs Garcia

mansour's tow ropes said:
I think Fernando will turn out to be better than Garcia, but I still don't think we have improved on the Yaya-Barry-De Jong combination of the FA cup and title winning years. We've spent big on Garcia, Rodwell, Fernandinho, Fernando while only getting one good season out of any of them so far. Lampard is still a better player than 3 of them (and even Fernandinho this season).

I agree with this. Aguero is the only world class player we've bought since 2010. We've also lost Tevez in that time, so really we've added none.

That's 4 and a half years where the squad has been treading water / going backwards. FFP hasn't helped, but we've spent an awful lot of money on a lot of awfully average players who aren't any better than what we already had.

Fernandinho looked outstanding last year, and I just can't get my head around how Fernando is getting in ahead of him. It reminds me of when Adrian Heath used to get picked ahead of Clive Allen. Baffling.

I'll give Fernando the benefit of the doubt. Garcia wasn't exactly stellar when he first came here. Garcia is better at helping retain possession though probably because he's Spanish. His lack of pace was the only problem. Fernando and Fernandinho lunge in at times poking the ball away, but straight to the opponent. The problem that I have with Fernandihno is that he tries to win every ball. When he doesn't win it, the opponent is already in on our back line. It was evident especially in the WC for Brazil. If he isn't 100% sure he can win the ball he needs to just hold his ground and not let the opponent get past him.

Shame to see some harsh comments about Fernando on here when its obvious he isnt being played to his strengths. There is a reason we bought the lad, but to not use him in his best position is just daft. If he were deployed to protect the back 4 as he has been for much of his career instead of being asked to pick up SO MUCH FUCKING SLACK in a central midfield 2, we would see a whole different player.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
No improvement on what we had.

In the last 3 seasons we have spunked this

Willy - £6m
Mangala - £32m
Garcia - £16m
Fernando - £14m
Rodwell - £15m
Sinclair - £8m
Navas - £15m
Negredo - £17m
Jovetic - £23m
fernandinho - £32m
Demichellis - £4m

I may have missed one or two but that comes to £182m.........

Now that for me is incredible mismanagement at the top and it is maybe time to start questioning the Director of Football and his cronies on our transfer policy.
^ THIS ^

F U C K I N G B I N G O.
I've been saying it for a long long time, those two Barca boys are stinkers or secret agents.
As for Fernando.....Can we just get Gaz Baz back in a City shirt ASAP. Both the Ferns are not up to standard no much how you try to tell yourself they are....they are simply not. They are average midfielders you wouldn't notice if they played for any other prem team

You are smoking. The players bolded had nothing to do with the Barca boys, I dont think txiki was even there when they were bought. Dont lay the blame of the previous regime on him.

As far as soriano is concerned, he made us go from losing hundreds of millions to break even. Its b/c of this that we might have mega summers in the future (thanks to FFP)

Fernandinho was one of the major players that allowed us to win the title last season. his energy and work rate helped free yaya up and allowed us to initiate so many successful counters that we saw last season

And give teh new players time. Remeber vidic and evra. how ordinary were they when they came to the rags? how important were they when they went on their run of clean sheets? Spanish Dave? had an ordinary first season.

Gaz Barry....dont make me laugh....

TFC said:
Shame to see some harsh comments about Fernando on here when its obvious he isnt being played to his strengths. There is a reason we bought the lad, but to not use him in his best position is just daft. If he were deployed to protect the back 4 as he has been for much of his career instead of being asked to pick up SO MUCH FUCKING SLACK in a central midfield 2, we would see a whole different player.

Agree with this, think Fernando is a defensive mid not part of a midfield two. We look so slow in the middle with just him and Yaya as regardless how good or complete a player Yaya can be it is too easy at times to run off him and get goal side. Yaya and Fernandinho with Fernando behind looks much more solid, we've got to accept, especially at the moment when we are playing gash, that we are far far too open without the ball. Doesn't matter when you are scoring at least 3 goals a game, but back to basics time for me, grind out a couple of solid 1-0's and open up as confidence grows and Silva and Nasri come back to full fitness, also Milner has to play until then for his work rate alone.

wesshaw1985 said:
we should have never let De Jong go...
We didn't let him go he wanted to leave and it's funny how when the players were here they were shite and have suddenly become world beaters once they move. Granted Garcia had a good last season but he was abysmal at the start and even when he was on form people were calling for Ferna.

I just don't understand why we have this obsession with buying destroyer type midfielders that don't have anything else in their locker. Look at nearly every top team and they don't need one, 11 players that work hard together and concentrate and then no need for destroyer mid then.

Essential. Retains the ball well and wins so many 50/50s in the air. The midfield around him isn't performing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.